2.02 Success Story *In Progress*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

med229

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all! By the grace of GOD I've been accepted into some Post-baccs for Fall 2021 but am having trouble deciding which one is best to go to.

Schools:
UMass (Dartmouth) Pre Health Certificate Program
California Northstate Pre-Med Post Bacc (without guaranteed acceptance)
Loras College Pre-Med Post Bacc

Still waiting to hear from SMPs.

SMPs:
CDU MS Biomed
Meharry MPH
WesternU MS Biomed
USFlorida MSMS
UCSF MS Biomed
Boston U MSMS
Benedictine MS Integrated Phys
Tufts MS Biomed
Icahn MS Clinical Research
PCOM GA MS Biomed

Here are my Stats:

Non trad URM 26y/o
uGPA: 2.02 (final semester: 3.75)
1st MCAT: 482
(taking 2nd MCAT in January 2022)
10,000+ hours of healthcare experience (Northside Hospital and Emory Univ. Hospital)
200+ hours shadowing
Strong LORs from 2 physicians and Nurse Educator at the Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center
VP of Premed Volunteer Club during undergrad
Multiple CDC Training certifications
Bartender during Undergrad :)

I'm planning to crush the MCAT 2nd time around because I know what to expect. I'm doing the post bacc with hopes of strengthening my app for an SMP with linkage (fingers crossed). Also, most of my prereqs are 8+ yrs old, and my medical school list likes pre-reqs within the last 5 years. (Thank God! because my grades sucked back then)

I'm looking for very personalized advising and a program with MCAT support because I'll be taking it after the first semester. I definitely want to be in a structured program.

Does anyone have any feedback on my 3 post baccs? any alums or accepted students that are going this Fall? I need help, time is diminishing and I can't seem to decide.

Members don't see this ad.

SDN never recommends anything CNU. Loras is fairly new and has had mixed reviews from what I've heard.

Do you have a second MCAT date Yet? Sub 500 scores indicate significant content gaps. I would recommend taking your time and studying for at least 3+ months to cover your content gaps. Use things like ANKI and Uworld to help nail those weak areas, then you should be good.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Do you have a second MCAT date Yet? Sub 500 scores indicate significant content gaps. I would recommend taking your time and studying for at least 3+ months to cover your content gaps. Use things like ANKI and Uworld to help nail those weak areas, then you should be good.
No MCAT date yet, I'm waiting for registration to open for January. Thank you so much I'll definitely be utilizing ANKI cards and Uworld! I just ordered a princeton review book set for content review.

SDN never recommends anything CNU. Loras is fairly new and has had mixed reviews from what I've heard.
I see. CNU has a terrible reputation. have you heard anything about UMass Dartmouth?

There are also specific medical school pathways for students who are URM that have linkage and are run similarly to an SMP but have more support provided to students. I think both BU Med and Umass Med have programs like that.

There are also specific medical school pathways for students who are URM that have linkage and are run similarly to an SMP but have more support provided to students. I think both BU Med and Umass Med have programs like that.
Thanks! I'm waiting to hear back from BU Med for their MS Medical Sciences Program. my situation is difficult because of the 2.02 GPA. Most pathways I've been finding have a 3.0 minimum requirement.

UPDATE: Just got an interview for Benedictine MS Integrated Physiology Program! (has DO linkages if you maintain 3.3 GPA and 506 MCAT) Anyone know about this program? From what I've researched its a private Catholic school and 2018 class rates look good.

Princeton Review is garbage. Examkrackers got me a 510.

Hi, any recent updates? I'm rooting for you!
Thank you so much! I chose Meharry Medical College MPH program. I'm finishing up my first semester with a 4.0 GPA. I'm applying for the Fall 2023 cycle so fingers crossed! Planning to retake MCAT 4/8/2022

Thank you so much! I chose Meharry Medical College MPH program. I'm finishing up my first semester with a 4.0 GPA. I'm applying for the Fall 2023 cycle so fingers crossed! Planning to retake MCAT 4/8/2022
That's awesome!! I looked at the cirriculum for that program and felt like it wasn't science-y enough. What do you think?