SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

2-3 bad grades, but good gpa?

Discussion in 'What Are My Chances?' started by Malic1ous, May 14, 2014.

1. Malic1ous

Malic1ous

Jun 5, 2013

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. moop

moop 1K Member Banned Account on Hold

Dec 14, 2013
    MDApps:
    Not that bad. You have been on SDN long enough to know this. Overall GPA is fine coming from a top tier UG (unless it's Harvard huehuehue)

4. Catalystik

Catalystik Providing herd protection Physician Faculty SDN Advisor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Sep 4, 2006
    Inside the tesseract
    Just be careful not to apply to a med school that has a stated requirement of a C+ or better in the prerequisites. Even with those, if they allow a substitution, you might be fine if you got a good grade in Biochem.

Boolean likes this.
  5. Malic1ous

Malic1ous

Jun 5, 2013
    Yeah, I was thinking about making it up by taking biochem and pchem together next semester. If I get an A in those, that should suffice, correct?

6. Catalystik

Catalystik Providing herd protection Physician Faculty SDN Advisor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Sep 4, 2006
    Inside the tesseract
    A high grade in Biochem would redeem a C in OChem II, for most schools. But there are some schools that will require OChem II and not accept a C grade no matter what excellent Chem grades follow. Just be sure to read websites carefully and avoid those when you apply.

7. Ismet

Ismet PGY-fun! Administrator Physician 5+ Year Member

May 15, 2011
    Moving to WAMC forum