2 GRE Scores, which do I send in?

Started by PTHiker
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PTHiker

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Which do I send in?

Score 1 - Verbal 163 (93rd Percentile) Quantitative 147 (27th Percentile) Writing 4.5 (82th Percentile)

Score 2 - Verbal 161 (88th Percentile) Quantitative 149 (35th Percentile) Writing 4.0 (60th Percentile)

That 27th percentile Math score just feels SO LOW, not that 35th is much higher...

Thanks for answering.
 
Which do I send in?

Score 1 - Verbal 163 (93rd Percentile) Quantitative 147 (27th Percentile) Writing 4.5 (82th Percentile)

Score 2 - Verbal 161 (88th Percentile) Quantitative 149 (35th Percentile) Writing 4.0 (60th Percentile)

That 27th percentile Math score just feels SO LOW, not that 35th is much higher...

Thanks for answering.
Both! Most schools superscore, choose the higher score from each
 
Both! Most schools superscore, choose the higher score from each

Really? I've done quite a bit or research and I only saw one school saying they super score. Is this an unwritten process that "most" schools actually do?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Really? I've done quite a bit or research and I only saw one school saying they super score. Is this an unwritten process that "most" schools actually do?

I would just send all of your scores, and to me there is no significant difference.
I don't see why it would negatively impact on your application.
 
Last edited:
I'd say send them both. At least for me, most of the schools I'm applying to take the best scores from each section, no matter the test date.