2 Scribing Opportunities - Which one should I pick?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bluedusk

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I received offers from two different companies to work as a scribe:

1. Scribe America - the position is an inpatient, hospitalist scribe at a large hospital on the trauma floor

2. CityMD - the position is an urgent care scribe at NYC location.

I am a recent college grad planning to apply to medical schools in June 2017. I decided to do premed late in my undergrad years, so I want to spend some time working in a clinical setting.

Right now, I'm leaning more towards Scribe America because working with trauma patients seem more interesting than working in an urgent care setting.

But I wanted to get others' opinions first. Which position would you recommend (if there are indeed any significant differences?)
 
Do hospitalist. UC is boring you're gonna see med refills, flu like symptoms, and chronic pain complaints.
 
Do hospitalist. UC is boring you're gonna see med refills, flu like symptoms, and chronic pain complaints.

I agree 100%.

Inpatient is also relatively slower compared to volume-based UC setups, which is good for new scribes getting past the often-steep learning curve.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you for all of your guys' replies. It seems like picking the hospitalist position is the way to go.