2 weeks out from MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JimBone905

OMS4
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just took the AAMC sample test
C/P : 80%
CARS: 75%
B/B: 81%
P/S: 83%

I feel like this was a fluke since I was scoring on average 62% on EK 1,2,3
Finished content review and have been doing Uworld for the last 2 weeks and am about 1/4 done with it and plan to do more questions per day. Is there anything else that I should be doing?

I plan on taking AAMC FL 1,2 and 3 before my exam and doing most of Uworld by the end of next week while moving onto the section banks the following week before my real test on the 18th and probably take FL 3 on the 15th.

Any advice on what else I could do before my exam? I'm actually really nervous and think that the sample test was a little easy on the C/P and harder on the B/B. Also the CARS was easy but I suck at CARS anyway.

Is the sample test a good predictor of what my score will be?

Members don't see this ad.

I recommend working through the section banks ASAP and before you use up FL 1, 2 and 3.

Do not worry about your scores on 3rd party practice tests. They are not predictive of your real score.

Took the MCAT back on June 1st. My practice AAMC Fl a week before the real thing was a 504. Bumped to a 514 on real. Only thing i really did between the week off was watch all the Khan Academy videos and practice the **** out of CARS. For CARS, I would say to practice passages without writing anything down. If you currently do take notes, that's a big waste of time. I'd say to focus on those two sections because I feel like students can excel the most in those.

Reactions: 3 users
Update:

Took AAMC FL1 and got a 508 (129,123,130,126)
The P/S section threw me off a bit idk why, will review test later tn.
CARS as usual is a problem for me and it seemed to really mess w. me here.
As for the C/P and B/B, it seemed easier here than the section banks, especially the C/P. wondering if the real thing is harder than FL1.

My friend told me that I should review the khan academy P/S notes and just practice CARS every day.

You guys think I should be fine?

Congrats on your 514! hope the same thing happens to me lol

Members don't see this ad :)
I recommend working through the section banks ASAP and before you use up FL 1, 2 and 3.

Do not worry about your scores on 3rd party practice tests. They are not predictive of your real score.

I went through half of the first volume of SB and it seemed pretty difficult. will make sure to practice more of those every day leading up to my exam. Is it fine if i just do them one by one and check my answers as I go along?

Update:

As for the C/P and B/B, it seemed easier here than the section banks, especially the C/P. wondering if the real thing is harder than FL1.

My friend told me that I should review the khan academy P/S notes and just practice CARS every day.

The real C/P and B/B are much harder than AAMC FL 1+2 (similar to SB), but the curve is nice (got 130s in both sections on real thing). Khan Academy and TPR book were all I used for Psych/Soc and got a 129 so definitely use Khan. I only got a 126 on CARS so can't be of much help there. Just read and practice everyday. AND DO THE SBs!!! Can't say if you'll be fine because idk the exam conditions you took them in or how you handle the stress of the real test. Take AAMC FL3 and that'll be the most indicative of your actual score! Good luck!!!

The real C/P and B/B are much harder than AAMC FL 1+2 (similar to SB), but the curve is nice (got 130s in both sections on real thing). Khan Academy and TPR book were all I used for Psych/Soc and got a 129 so definitely use Khan. I only got a 126 on CARS so can't be of much help there. Just read and practice everyday. AND DO THE SBs!!! Can't say if you'll be fine because idk the exam conditions you took them in or how you handle the stress of the real test. Take AAMC FL3 and that'll be the most indicative of your actual score! Good luck!!!

Is CARS curved too? Is P/S on real test similar to any of the FLs? So you think the score for C/P and B/B will be the same even though I might get more wrong on the real thing due to a curve?

Is CARS curved too? Is P/S on real test similar to any of the FLs? So you think the score for C/P and B/B will be the same even though I might get more wrong on the real thing due to a curve?
I thought I did well on CARS, but the curve for my exam must have been brutal. But to be fair, I think my CARS section on the real thing wasnt that bad--so I expected a harsher curve. FL3 is most representative on the NEW Psych/Soc and how they're asking the questions now. Can't comment on the comparison between C/P and B/B now and the actual thing because the actual may ask questions that you do not know as well, which could lead to a lower score. If you score 129/130 on C/P and B/B on FL3 then that should be near what you get on the real deal

Update:

Don't wanna spook you, but that CARS score is a wee bit low in terms of having a balanced MCAT. I think if you bump up CARS to around 126, you'll be in a perfectly capable spot. Ya never know, sometimes the stars just align and you get all the material you know well on the test. For my CARS section, I really lucked out though. Every passage was interesting and I read through them pretty quick.

Don't wanna spook you, but that CARS score is a wee bit low in terms of having a balanced MCAT. I think if you bump up CARS to around 126, you'll be in a perfectly capable spot. Ya never know, sometimes the stars just align and you get all the material you know well on the test. For my CARS section, I really lucked out though. Every passage was interesting and I read through them pretty quick.

To be honest, I'm more worried about my C/P and B/B because the section banks are proving to be slightly more difficult than FL1. as long as i get at least a 502 then I wont be too upset since I'm mainly shooting for DO. I've been studying CARS so much but its hard to get that score to go up. I usually have no problem reading the passages (unless its about politics, so boring) but the question answers can be very specific sometimes.

UPDATE:
70% correct on B/B section bank 1
74% correct on C/P section bank 1

Last edited:
Hey guys ,

so my AAMC FL2 was a 509.
MCAT is in on Saturday. Should I take FL3 tomorrow and go over it before the test?
I was gonna review a few SB questions tonight and read a little P/S. Dont want to go too heavy before my test and burn myself out..

FL2:
125 (got lots of lucky guesses)
125 (also a little lucky)

Is there less neuroscience stuff on the new P/S MCAT ? There was only a few questions on the retina and brain on FL2.

You guys think I'll score above a 501? (my target score since I'm shooting for DO)

Hey guys ,

so my AAMC FL2 was a 509.
MCAT is in on Saturday. Should I take FL3 tomorrow and go over it before the test?
I was gonna review a few SB questions tonight and read a little P/S. Dont want to go too heavy before my test and burn myself out..

FL2:
125 (got lots of lucky guesses)
125 (also a little lucky)

Is there less neuroscience stuff on the new P/S MCAT ? There was only a few questions on the retina and brain on FL2.

You guys think I'll score above a 501? (my target score since I'm shooting for DO)

People usually do +\- 2-3 points compared to the average score of their AAMC FLs. With 508 and 509 a 501 would be disappointing. The worst case scenario hopefully it’s a 505. Best case could even be a 511. You should definitely be able to score over a 501.

Reactions: 1 user
People usually do +\- 2-3 points compared to the average score of their AAMC FLs. With 508 and 509 a 501 would be disappointing. The worst case scenario hopefully it’s a 505. Best case could even be a 511. You should definitely be able to score over a 501.

Should I take FL3 tomorrow and review it or should I just review SB and freshen up on content before Saturday?
Don't want to burn myself out either

Should I take FL3 tomorrow and review it or should I just review SB and freshen up on content before Saturday?
Don't want to burn myself out either

FL 3 tomorrow should be fine. Wake up early Thursday, review the exam hard until 5pm, chill out on Friday, crush the real deal Saturday. I thought the P/S on FL3 was the most representative of the P/S on the real deal.

510 on FL3

Will review it tomorrow and look over Kaplan quick sheet and some equations/section bank questions.
Crossing my fingers!

Thanks everyone for your input!

Reactions: 2 users
510 on FL3

Will review it tomorrow and look over Kaplan quick sheet and some equations/section bank questions.
Crossing my fingers!

Thanks everyone for your input!
Good luck! Just be confident and you should get around that score! FL3 was only one point different for me!

Update:
128 121 128 124

Actual cars is way longer than practice cars.... couldn't even finish on time. Got demoralized after that. Planning to retake. Think I should be fine for some DO schools?

Update:
128 121 128 124

Actual cars is way longer than practice cars.... couldn't even finish on time. Got demoralized after that. Planning to retake. Think I should be fine for some DO schools?
That CARS is gonna hurt, just make sure that the DO schools that you apply to do not have any subsection cut-offs. I think if your Extracurriculars and GPA are fine, then you should have a shot at some DOs.

That CARS is gonna hurt, just make sure that the DO schools that you apply to do not have any subsection cut-offs. I think if your Extracurriculars and GPA are fine, then you should have a shot at some DOs.

3.4cgpa 3.7sgpa
Got lots of ec's and am ORM

Update:
128 121 128 124

I think you will be riding the line. If your GPA was higher I'd say you might be fine. Maybe go ahead and apply to specific DO schools that are feasible and plan to re-take MCAT, reapply if nothing turns out.
Good Luck!

I think you will be riding the line. If your GPA was higher I'd say you might be fine. Maybe go ahead and apply to specific DO schools that are feasible and plan to re-take MCAT, reapply if nothing turns out.
Good Luck!

Gonna take a jack weston course and prep for cars for like 6 months and psych also. Will take again in Jan or march and update. Applying next cycle btw not this one