SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

2 year degree

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by mikejames, Apr 14, 2007.

  1. mikejames

    mikejames 2+ Year Member

    Jan 2, 2007
    Does anyone know of a degree I can get a community College that will have me working in the hospital? I know of two(respiratory therapy and phlebotomy)
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Kateb4

    Kateb4 7+ Year Member

    Nov 28, 2006
    RN/CNA/LPN, Surgical tech, Sonographer, Pharmacy Tech, Rad tech, Medical Assistant, Dietetic Tech, EMT, Mammographer, etc and so on. There is so much you could do depending on your interests. I suggest looking at the websites of local CCs to see what they have to offer, and how long each program is. Also, some hospitals have on the job training for things like nursing assistant or phlebotomist - I did this about 10 years ago.
  4. mikejames

    mikejames 2+ Year Member

    Jan 2, 2007
    I dont want to transfer to a 4 year college. I just want to get done at my community college and go straight into the job at the hospital.
  5. gotmeds?

    gotmeds? 5+ Year Member

    Oct 9, 2006
    RN would be your best bet then. It's a two-year degree and depending on where you work, you can make around $60,000 - $80,000 a year.

    If you just want to "work in a hospital" and don't really care about what you do, you can get an EMT cert in a month and get a job as an ER tech (unlikely without prior experience) or a patient transporter. CNA is also an option and probably doesn't take much longer than getting your EMT.
  6. SupergreenMnM

    SupergreenMnM Peanut, not chocolate 2+ Year Member

    Mar 27, 2007
    Radiology tech is also a nice one; it certainly doesn't make as much as an RN, I kinda wonder if they are the highest paid 2 year degree out there, but it does let you play with some pretty cool equipment.

Share This Page