2 year degree

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mikejames

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a degree I can get a community College that will have me working in the hospital? I know of two(respiratory therapy and phlebotomy)

Members don't see this ad.

RN/CNA/LPN, Surgical tech, Sonographer, Pharmacy Tech, Rad tech, Medical Assistant, Dietetic Tech, EMT, Mammographer, etc and so on. There is so much you could do depending on your interests. I suggest looking at the websites of local CCs to see what they have to offer, and how long each program is. Also, some hospitals have on the job training for things like nursing assistant or phlebotomist - I did this about 10 years ago.

I dont want to transfer to a 4 year college. I just want to get done at my community college and go straight into the job at the hospital.

Members don't see this ad :)
I dont want to transfer to a 4 year college. I just want to get done at my community college and go straight into the job at the hospital.

RN would be your best bet then. It's a two-year degree and depending on where you work, you can make around $60,000 - $80,000 a year.

If you just want to "work in a hospital" and don't really care about what you do, you can get an EMT cert in a month and get a job as an ER tech (unlikely without prior experience) or a patient transporter. CNA is also an option and probably doesn't take much longer than getting your EMT.

Radiology tech is also a nice one; it certainly doesn't make as much as an RN, I kinda wonder if they are the highest paid 2 year degree out there, but it does let you play with some pretty cool equipment.