2 year transfer or BA/BS transfer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BascerPharm4

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I personally have a very low GPA and I don't know what I should do. I am thinking about taking all the pre-reqs and then transfer right away, but I don't think I would have a chance to get into any Pharmacy college with my low GPA. Should I stay back and finish my BA/BS and then transfer? If my GPA is lower than the required GPA for a certain pharmacy college, does this mean I am absolutely excluded from getting into that pharmacy college? I don't know what to do, please give me some suggestions. Any would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

It seems that you haven't taken the pre-reqs... then theres a lot of classes you'll have to take that will boost up your gpa. Certain schools pay more attention to the pre-req gpa than the cum. (UF is one of those schools i believe) so do very well in those. Theres also the ECs/pharm experience to outshine the low gpa. and also PCAT scores will give you that interview. I think you should keep trying, finish the pre-reqs, apply to newer private schools and if you don't get in the first time, keep applying and keep working toward that BA/BS. Nowadays it is more competitive to have a BA/BS but it seems that reapplicants are also favored since it shows commitment to pharmacy. Also research the schools... look at their min gpas, theres a lot with a 2.5min gpa so apply to those. I hope that helps, dont give up!

I totally agree with ADN1226. However, I think you should apply to pharmacy schools asap after you finished your pre-reqs.

Don't let your low gpa drags you down. Check the requirements of your top schools before jumping to conclusion.

Furthermore, most schools will look at the gpa of your last 30 credits.

Anyhow, good luck with everything. If you have any question, let me know. We are all here to help.

I would say study hard for that PCAT and get within the 90% if your gpa is lower then 3.0. Most school have cut off ranges for both high gpa and low PCAT (70 or so) or high PCAT and low GPA. And like other people have said some schools only look as pre-reqs so if you ace those don't even worry about your other classes. Just research on your top chooses before you come to the conclusion.