2005 Applicants Stats Page

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ranark said:
Undergrad Ed:B.S. Biology
Cumulative Undergrad. GPA:3.9
Science Undergrad. GPA: 3.9

1st DAT: 10/06/04
Academic ave- 19
Percept- 16 :eek:
Quant. Reasoning- 15 :eek:
Reading Comp- 21
Bio- 17 :confused:
Gen Chem- 19
Org. Chem- 23
Total Sci- 19
2nd DAT: do you think i should?

Extracurricular/Research Activities: Biology Lab assistant, certified tutor, various clubs in college, shadowed 2 dentists (30 hours)
volunteer at homeless shelter and nursing home regularly, big buddy

Schools Applied: UNC, UoP, Creighton, Marquette, Case, Univ. of Maryland, Harvard, UConn, Columbia, UPenn, UTenn, UDMercy, UCLA, Howard, Meharry, Temple, NYU, Boston

AADSAS Submitted Date: July 19th

Schools Received AADSAS Date:Aug 19th

Schools Recieved DAT scores: dont know

Interview Invites: none yet, took DAT this week

Denied:none yet..

Withdrew Application:...

Waitlisted:...

Accepted: lets see who is the lucky winner

What do you guys think? Will i get interviews?

waste of time applying to so many schools. with a 3.9 you'll be just fine. chill

Members don't see this ad.

ranark said:

Academic ave- 19
Reading Comp- 21
Gen Chem- 19
Org. Chem- 23
Total Sci- 19

Extracurricular/Research Activities: Biology Lab assistant, certified tutor, various clubs in college, shadowed 2 dentists (30 hours)

Schools Applied: UNC, UoP, Creighton, Marquette, Case, Univ. of Maryland, Harvard, UConn, Columbia, UPenn, UTenn, UDMercy, UCLA, Howard, Meharry, Temple, NYU, Boston

thats an awesome GPA for Bio.... i don't think you should have need to apply to so many schools... you're in the driver seat... schools love GPA's that high... some of those DAT scores are on the low side but your GPA overshadows it... I think you should be more selective you can afford to be... imagine getting interviews at all 13 schools... thats mucho $$$$...

boogaking said:
That's a good point bspeedy.... impressive record ...biochem with that GPA... wow!!! where did you go to undergrad??? Shoot for UCSF... now thats a desireable school!!! esp if you CA resident.

I am not CA resident, but why is UCSF so desireable Boogaking? I know the SF area is great, but what does the school have that sets it apart?

Members don't see this ad :)
ranark said:

Academic ave- 19
Reading Comp- 21
Gen Chem- 19
Org. Chem- 23
Total Sci- 19

I think you will get interviews. Luckly the DAT isn't the deciding factor in most school for an interview. It "reads" like you are a well rounded person. It is definetly a package deal to get into dental school. It isn't all about your stats, but they do open doors.

ranark said:
Academic ave- 19
Reading Comp- 21
Gen Chem- 19
Org. Chem- 23
Total Sci- 19

Don't worry about a thing.. You will get plenty of interviews. I am in a similar situation and already have interviews at 6/10 schools I applied to.. Including an ivy.. if that matters at all. Either way, sit back, relax and wait for them to contact you.

Good luck! :thumbup: :thumbup:

bspeedy00 said:
I went to a private college in minnesota, University of St. Thomas. It isn't the most well known school in the world, but it was quite challenging nonetheless. The small class sizes led the professors to expect more from each student. Unfortunately, I am not CA resident, but why is UCSF so desireable Boogaking? I know the SF area is great, but what does the school have that sets it apart?

If you do the research you will find out that it is one of the least expensive ...in state or out of state ...for tuition... on top of the fact that it is regarded as one of the top dental programs in CA as well as in the nation... UConn would be in the same category...but accepts only 35.... friends that are associated with the school only say the best things about their school.

Overall GPA: 3.56
Science GPA: 3.66
AA: 20
TS: 19 (25OC, 23GC, 16BIO :oops: )
PAT: 18

3.5 BSEE in 2000 from UCDavis. Been working as an engineer since. Been spending 1-2 hours/day with my dentist while he's working on his patients.

Applying to five cal schools, Oregon, UW, and Arizona.

Edited: Added calculated GPA's from AADSAS. Nov 22

luder98 said:

3.5 BSEE in 2000 from UCDavis. Been working as an engineer since. Been spending 1-2 hours/day with my dentist while he's working on his patients.

Applying to five cal schools, Oregon, and Arizona.

Do I have chances here?

You're screwed. ;)

luder98 said:

Applying to five cal schools, Oregon, and Arizona.

Do I have chances here?

Please tell me you're joking. I am sure we could all use the good laugh

DMD_hopeful said:
Please tell me you're joking. I am sure we could all use the good laugh
I'm not sure what you really mean. Cal schools are too competitive for me? Or I'm overworried? Anyway, I'm not joking. I have put in a lot of effort and money the last two years. I commuted about 5 hours a day after work to finish my undergrad, took two weeks off to prepare for the DAT. I hope I won't have to go through it again. It's too costly since I have a family to support too. Anyway, I feel pretty good this morning when I open my gmail. Here is a quote from UCLA, "Your GPA is competitive and your DAT scores are solid scores." Hope that gives others an idea if they are on the same boat as mine.

I've seen plenty of people with comparable or higher stats that have been

rejected by Harvard. I'm not saying that Harvard is the best school. Dental

school rankings are nonexistent and have been argued over to death in this

forum and the only right answer is "the one that you go to". Looking over

some of your stats it seems this application cycle may be higher than last

years'. Thank god I'm already in. Best of luck to all of you.

AADSAS finally sent me my pink sheet so i can add my stuff to the list...well here goes

Undergrad Ed: BS in microbiology from the University of Georgia
Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.02
Science Undergrad. GPA: 2.88
Non-Science Undergrad GPA: 3.40

1st DAT: Academic, Science, PAT - 21,20,17

Extracurricular/Research Activities: AED premed honor society, Hillel, swimming lessons to inner city kids, 30 hrs shadowing, currently working as an assistant for an oral surgeon

Schools Applied: MCG, Nova, Columbia, NYU, BU, Tufts, Temple, Pitt

AADSAS Submitted Date: 8/6/04

Schools Received AADSAS Date: 10/7/04 (it took 2 freaking months!)

Interview Invites: None yet

Denied: None yet

Withdrew Application: None

Waitlisted: None yet

Accepted: None yet

anyone have any comments? how does my lopsided gpa look? probably not very good huh? oh well more waiting shall now ensue

Members don't see this ad :)
MitchSE-R said:
You make me nervous! Just sent my essay to essayedge.

Undergrad Ed: Chemical engineering at MIT
Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.28
Science Undergrad. GPA: 3.24
(I had hard time in my junior year and failed a course)
Graduate Ed: Ph. D candidate in Biomedical engineering at BU
Cumulative Graduate GPA: 3.33
Science Graduate GPA: 3.33

1st DAT: AA 24 TS 22 PAT 19

Extracurricular/Research Activities:
Research experience since I was a sophomore in college. I have a few publications and presentations. Some community services and extracurricular activities. I am married with a six year old kid. I was a full-time housewife after college before starting grad school. I have about 22 hours of shadowing experiences. My brother is a dentist, and some schools were very interested in it at interviews, I guess, to understand my motivation for dentistry.

Schools Applied:
BU, Columbia, Harvard, U Conn, U Maryland, U Penn, UCLA, UCSF

AADSAS Submitted Date:
6/10/04

Schools Received AADSAS Date: (approximate date)
7/18/04 or 7/8/04

Interview Invites:
BU, Columbia, Harvard, U Conn, U Maryland, U Penn

Denied:
Not yet.

Withdrew Application:
Waitlisted:
Accepted:

MitchSE-R said:
AADSAS finally sent me my pink sheet so i can add my stuff to the list...well here goes

Undergrad Ed: BS in microbiology from the University of Georgia
Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.02
Science Undergrad. GPA: 2.88
Non-Science Undergrad GPA: 3.40

1st DAT: Academic, Science, PAT - 21,20,17

Extracurricular/Research Activities: AED premed honor society, Hillel, swimming lessons to inner city kids, 30 hrs shadowing, currently working as an assistant for an oral surgeon

Schools Applied: MCG, Nova, Columbia, NYU, BU, Tufts, Temple, Pitt

AADSAS Submitted Date: 8/6/04

Interview Invites: None yet

Denied: None yet

Withdrew Application: None

Waitlisted: None yet

Accepted: None yet

anyone have any comments? how does my lopsided gpa look? probably not very good huh? oh well more waiting shall now ensue

Hang in there, I think you will make it.

busupshot83 said:
Hang in there, I think you will make it.

thanks for the vote of confidence! i really hope so..i honestly don't know what else there is for me if i don't get accepted..and i know this is what i want to do...all i need is 1 measly acceptance!

MitchSE-R said:
thanks for the vote of confidence! i really hope so..i honestly don't know what else there is for me if i don't get accepted..and i know this is what i want to do...all i need is 1 measly acceptance!

Well you just said it yourself: dental school or bust! Think positive, and if you don't get in this round, try again next round.

NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER SURRENDER! :eek:

Undergrad Ed: Computer Engineering @ U.C. Berkeley
Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.6
Science Undergrad. GPA: 3.7
Graduate Ed: (if applicable)
Cumulative Graduate GPA: (if applicable)
Science Graduate GPA: (if applicable)

1st DAT: Academic, Science, PAT: 20/21/19
2nd DAT: Academic, Science, PAT: maybe next year or maybe not

Extracurricular/Research Activities:volunteer in tutor math & science, vollunteer at pharmacy, shadowing dentist.

Schools Applied:UCSF, UOP, UCLA, USC, NYU, BU, Temple, CASE, IU, Marquette, Tuffs, Arizona, NOVA, Detroit Mercy, LLU.

AADSAS Submitted Date:July 01, 2004

Schools Received AADSAS Date: (approximate date): August 10, 2004

Interview Invites: UCSF, CASE, Temple, NOVA, IU, BU.

Denied:Arizona

Withdrew Application:LLU

Waitlisted:not yet

Accepted:not yet

MitchSE-R said:
denied from arizona? your stats are practically impeccable! that's crazy

I was a little surprised by their early rejection too. I was hoping to get on their 2nd or 3rd round of interview list. Well, they certainly have different selection criteria.

MitchSE-R said:
denied from arizona? your stats are practically impeccable! that's crazy

I was about to say the same thing.

jini said:
I was a little surprised by their early rejection too. I was hoping to get on their 2nd or 3rd round of interview list. Well, they certainly have different selection criteria.

I don't think your stats was the question. Is shadowing your only dental experience? Some schools don't consider shadowing enough dental experience, maybe that could be the problem. I would suggest working at a dental office instead of just shadowing. Good luck with the rest of the schools! :)

jini said:
Undergrad Ed: Computer Engineering @ U.C. Berkeley
Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.6
Science Undergrad. GPA: 3.7

1st DAT: Academic, Science, PAT: 20/21/19
2nd DAT: Academic, Science, PAT: maybe next year or maybe not

Extracurricular/Research Activities:volunteer in tutor math & science, vollunteer at pharmacy, shadowing dentist.

Schools Applied:UCSF, UOP, UCLA, USC, NYU, BU, Temple, CASE, IU, Marquette, Tuffs, Arizona, NOVA, Detroit Mercy, LLU.

AADSAS Submitted Date:July 01, 2004

Schools Received AADSAS Date: (approximate date): August 10, 2004

Interview Invites: UCSF, CASE, Temple, NOVA, IU, BU.

Denied:Arizona

Withdrew Application:LLU

Waitlisted:not yet

Accepted:not yet
You make me nervous. When did you get your BS? Was there a period that you were not going to school nor working? I have a similar stats but lower (3.5; 20/19/18).
How was the UCSF's interview?

Undergrad Ed: UF (Fin/Ins Dual Major) Dental Pre-Reqs completed at UWF
Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.36 (inc +/-)
Science Undergrad. GPA: 3.6

1st DAT: 20/20/20
2nd DAT: Academic, Science, PAT (if applicable)

Extracurricular/Research Activities: 70 hrs shadowing, MERCK research project (to be published), and other stuff

Schools Applied: UAB COL NSU FLA UL MYD BU TUFT NYU UNC BAY

AADSAS Submitted Date: 7/26/2004

Schools Received AADSAS Date: 8/12/2004

Interview Invites: UF (this thursday) TUFT (11/15) NYU (11/12) BU (1/25?)

Denied: COL (0-3 spots for out-of-staters)

Withdrew Application:

Waitlisted:

Accepted:

My app is still not complete at any school, thanks to hurrican Ivan. The professor, who is the head of the pre-professional board, had his office flooded and my letter just got mailed out yesterday. Several schools require a completed app before interview invites are extended. Well im hoping to hear from the rest of them by the end of the month.

**for those that dont know, you can go back and edit ur old post by clicking the "edit" button and add any new interview invites...

drat said:
Mine took 7 weeks to process and I don't see AADSAS picking up the pace anytime soon. I called them at 1 today and got through within 3 minutes. I couldn't believe it. I didn't know what to do with myself. I was a stuttering idiot. I have read on other threads that if you call at 9 a.m. EST, you have the best chance of getting through.

And you have picked WONDERFUL schools! ;)

...7 weeks? are you kidding me? that's absolutely ridiculous. I thought the application took 2 or 3 weeks to process. I didn't get mine in until 9/30..does this mean my application may not even get in on time?

And by the way..what does the AADSAS have to do that takes so long? Print of the application and mail it to schools? seriously...

C_dent said:
...7 weeks? are you kidding me? that's absolutely ridiculous. I thought the application took 2 or 3 weeks to process. I didn't get mine in until 9/30..does this mean my application may not even get in on time?

And by the way..what does the AADSAS have to do that takes so long? Print of the application and mail it to schools? seriously...

Well, there is hope -- someone who sent their application in 2 weeks after me only had to wait 5.5 weeks... :)

I can't tell you what is taking AADSAS so long! It's one of the great mysteries of the world.

drat said:
Well, there is hope -- someone who sent their application in 2 weeks after me only had to wait 5.5 weeks... :)

I can't tell you what is taking AADSAS so long! It's one of the great mysteries of the world.

DRAT MY BUDDY IS HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM. THE REASON ITS TAKING SO LONG IS BECAUSE YOU PROBABLY SENT EVERYTHING TO ADSAS WHEN THEY WERE CHANGING THEIR ADDRESS. SO YOU PROBABLY SENT IT TO THEIR OLD ADDRESS INSTEAD OF THEIR NEW ONE.

Academic ave- 19
Reading Comp- 21
Gen Chem- 19
Org. Chem- 23
Total Sci- 19
2nd DAT: do you think i should? :scared:

Schools Applied: UNC, UoP, Creighton, Marquette, Case, Univ. of Maryland, Harvard, UConn, Columbia, UPenn, UTenn, UDMercy, UCLA, Howard, Meharry, Temple, NYU, Boston ( this many because I qualified for fee waivers and i really want to get into dental school this year.. especially same school as my brother who is also applying)

Schools Recieved DAT scores: maryland, NYU

Interview Invites: none yet

Denied:none yet..ihope i dont have to fill in this part

How long does it take a school to make a decision after the application is complete? My application was complete with Maryland and NYU this week. I hope i hear something soon. The suspense is killing me... i am also worried about the 15,16 and 17 DAT scores. I am considering retaking the DAT. Do you think I should?

A couple of times I've heard people ask where the "normals" are. Well, here are my average (some would say less then average) scores. I think we should have the "Under 18 Club" :) :

Undergrad Ed:B.S. Health and Human Services-College of Santa Fe
Cumulative Undergrad. GPA:3.51
Science Undergrad. GPA: 3.48

1st DAT: 10/15/04
Academic ave- 17
Percept- 16
Quant. Reasoning- 14
Reading Comp- 19
Bio- 17
Gen Chem- 16
Org. Chem- 19
Total Sci- 18
2nd DAT: I probably will not retake it unless I am not accepted this year.

Extracurricular/Research Activities: EMT, 1996-Current (although I am currently not working), Counselor (Women's Health), OR Tech, Medic (NMARNG), Caregiver/NA; vol. @ a couple of social and homeless organizations. No research.

Schools Applied: UCSF, USC, COL, HOW, UMKC, CRE, NYU, OHSU, PITT, TEMP, AZ.

AADSAS Submitted Date: ~ Mid-August

Schools Received AADSAS Date: 10/14?

Schools Recieved DAT scores: Not yet, took it last Friday.

Interview Invites: none yet

Denied:

Accepted:

FYI for those that are waiting to hear where they are in the app cycle. I submitted mid August, my app number is in the upper 3000's.

albuquerquegirl said:
A couple of times I've heard people ask where the "normals" are. Well, here are my average (some would say less then average) scores. I think we should have the "Under 18 Club" :) : [....]

I tried something like that once, but ended up getting dissed.

I'm an "under-20-club" member & I'm only planning to retake the DAT if I don't hear anything from schools by the end of December. I figure that would mean I'd still be under consideration and would still have a shot if I improved my score. I hope.

luder98 said:
You make me nervous. When did you get your BS? Was there a period that you were not going to school nor working? I have a similar stats but lower (3.5; 20/19/18).
How was the UCSF's interview?

First, don't be nervous. You will get somewhere with your stats. I got my BS 1994 and have been working since then until 2003 when I decided to go back to school to work on the pre-dental courses. UCSF interview was not as stressful as I thought.

Undergrad Ed: 2005/Biology/Math Major
Overall GPA: 3.4
Science GPA: 3.2
1st DAT: 17/17/13 (AA,TS,PAT)
2nd DAT: 18/19/16

Extracurricular:genetics research/300+hrs shadowing

Schools Applied:UMDNJ;Temple;NYU;Buffalo;BU;Columbia;Md;UPenn;Kentucky Tufts;Marquette;Pitt;Nova;UConn;UNLV
AADSAS Submitted: June 22
Schools Received: beg. July

Interviews:UMDNJ(Oct);Temple(11/2);NYU(11/15);Buffalo(12/6);BU(March);Pitt(no date set)
Denied: Columbia;Md.;UPenn;Kentucky;Nova
Withdrew:Everywhere else
Waitlisted:
Accepted:Dec.1st:Temple;NYU;UMDNJ
Attending:UMDNJ

Undergrad Ed: Bio Sci. @ U.C. Davis
Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 2.8
Science Undergrad. GPA: 2.25
Post-Bac. @ Cal. State Univ.: 3.60 all upper division sci. courses
New Sci Undergrad. GPA: 2.46

1st DAT: Academic, Science, PAT: 19/19/21
2nd DAT: Academic, Science, PAT: 21/21/19

Extracurricular/Research Activities: tutor math & science, working as a dental lab tech., shadowing dentist and ortho.

Schools Applied: UOP, UCLA, USC, NYU, BU, Temple, Tuft, Arizona, NOVA, Pitts, Mich, Howard, UNLV

AADSAS Submitted Date:MAY 18th, 2004

Schools Received AADSAS Date: June 22, 2004

Interview Invites: NONE!!!!!

Denied:Arizona, UNLV, temple

Waitlisted:none

Accepted:none

what are my chances? this is my second time applying!

title, when did you retake your DATs? your science GPA is pretty low but your second DAT score should make up for the low GPA a little bit (especially with the higher post bac science courses, shows that you are learning to be a better student/studier). if you just retook the DATs recently, sit tight, maybe the schools haven't received them yet.

and if not, um, are there any more post- bac science courses you can take? or consider a field close to dentistry (dental assisting or hygienist) and then slowly wedging in?

vandy_yankee said:
title, when did you retake your DATs? your science GPA is pretty low but your second DAT score should make up for the low GPA a little bit (especially with the higher post bac science courses, shows that you are learning to be a better student/studier). if you just retook the DATs recently, sit tight, maybe the schools haven't received them yet.

and if not, um, are there any more post- bac science courses you can take? or consider a field close to dentistry (dental assisting or hygienist) and then slowly wedging in?

yankee,

the schools have all of my stats. i'm giving up on the post bac thing because i have admission advisors at several schools said i have too many units and taking undergrad course wont do me any good. i'm looking into a masters program as of right now.

thanks for the reply.

Undergrad Ed: Hon BSc, Human Biology, University of Toronto, St George
Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.30
Science Undergrad. GPA: 3.30

1st DAT: 18 Academic, 18 Science, 18 PAT, 4 Carving :eek: (this DAT was taken after my 19th bday ... legal drinking age in Canada!)
2nd DAT: 18 Academic, 18 Science, 21 PAT, 16 Carving

Extracurricular/Research Activities: varsity, student councils, volunteering, shadowing, research @ neurodegenerative diseases lab (will hopefully publish paper in 2005), sculpting, work part time @ hospital (started in nov, so this wasn't included in my AADSAS)

Applied: BU, Case Western, Columbia, Creighton, Howard, Maryland, NYU, Nova SU, Penn, Pittsburg, Temple, Tufts, UBC, UWO, VCU

AADSAS Submitted: sept 3

AADSAS Sent: oct 14

AADSAS pink slip: oct 19

AADSAS ID: 49XX

Schools Received AADSAS: oct 22

Interview Invites: BU (Jan 20), Temple (Jan 7), Case (Mar 10), NYU (Mar 18)

Denied: Maryland, Nova, Columbia, UBC, Penn, UPitt, VCU, UWO, BU

Withdrew Application: nil

Waitlisted/Alternate List: Creighton, Temple, Case, NYU

Accepted: ...

Academic ave- 19
Reading Comp- 21
Gen Chem- 19
Org. Chem- 23
Total Sci- 19
2nd DAT: do you think i should? i hope not

Schools Applied: UNC, UoP, Creighton, Marquette, Case, Univ. of Maryland, Harvard, UConn, Columbia, UPenn, UTenn, UDMercy, UCLA, Howard, Meharry, Temple, NYU, Boston ( this many because I qualified for fee waivers and i really want to get into dental school this year.. especially same school as my brother who is also applying)

Schools Recieved DAT scores: maryland, NYU,BU,Marquette, Columbia,UPenn

Interview Invites: BU

How long does it take a school to make a decision after the application is complete? The suspense is killing me, at least I have BU now.. but i still dont know when the interview is (i hope before Dec.1st, but i seriously doubt it)... I hope i hear from the other schools soon,good new only of course.. ( i think i hope too much on this post)

ranark said:

Academic ave- 19
Reading Comp- 21
Gen Chem- 19
Org. Chem- 23
Total Sci- 19

How long does it take a school to make a decision after the application is complete? The suspense is killing me, at least I have BU now.. but i still dont know when the interview is (i hope before Dec.1st, but i seriously doubt it)... I hope i hear from the other schools soon,good new only of course.. ( i think i hope too much on this post)
I can tell you one thing: your DAT doesn't look interesting to UoP.

ranark said:

Academic ave- 19
Reading Comp- 21
Gen Chem- 19
Org. Chem- 23
Total Sci- 19

why are you applying to that many schools with those stats? so far you only have one interview when applying that early?

demonicr said:
why are you applying to that many schools with those stats? so far you only have one interview when applying that early?

I took my DAT on Oct 6th so the schools were waiting on the scores.. My application is now complete at most of the schools. I didnt know what i would get on the DAT's before I applied and I also dont want to do this again next year so I wanted to be on the safe side... also, my brother is also applying to the same schools.. the more schools we apply to, the better the chance that we end up in the same school.

Graduated 1995 BS in Nursing
GPA 3.18
Science 3.12 (unfortunately my nursing classes all counted as science)
BCP 3.4

Dat Scores Took 10/22
AA 24
Bio 21
GChem 25
OChem 19
QR 28
RC 27
PAT 21
TS 22

Applied late July
Sent to schools 9/3

Applied to Arizona, UOP, Marquette, U Pitt, Case, Buffalo, UNC, Creighton, Louisville, UMKC, Colorado

Worked as an RN for past 9 years, everything from school nurse on the Navajo reservation to pediatric ICU and Bone Marrow Transplant. 20 hours shaddowing. Coached junior high sports, special olympics, lots for specific oncology kids that my wife and I have fallen in love with.

Married with 2 kids

No Interview invites yet

TucsonDDS said:
Graduated 1995 BS in Nursing
GPA 3.18
Science 3.12 (unfortunately my nursing classes all counted as science)
BCP 3.4

Dat Scores Took 10/22
AA 24
Bio 21
GChem 25
OChem 19
QR 28
RC 27
PAT 21
TS 22

Applied late July
Sent to schools 9/3

Applied to Arizona, UOP, Marquette, U Pitt, Case, Buffalo, UNC, Creighton, Louisville, UMKC, Colorado

Worked as an RN for past 9 years, everything from school nurse on the Navajo reservation to pediatric ICU and Bone Marrow Transplant. 20 hours shaddowing. Coached junior high sports, special olympics, lots for specific oncology kids that my wife and I have fallen in love with.

Married with 2 kids

No Interview invites yet

Your DAT scores are impressive!! :D Your GPA is somewhat questionable, but good enough to get you accepted somewhere I believe. I would be willing to bet you will receive an AZ interview sometime in the near future. Are you finished with all your secondaries? If not, get those in right away!! Good luck to you and I really believe you have a strong chance... keep your chin up!!

Undergrad Ed: U.C. Berkeley
Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.51
Science Undergrad. GPA: 3.36

1st DAT: Academic, Science, PAT: 25/29/19
2nd DAT: Academic, Science, PAT: N/A

Extracurricular/Research Activities: Research in TB lab, coauthored one manuscript (will have a total of 3 papers by next summer), 100+ hours shadowing/chair side assisting at Free Cllinic

Schools Applied: UOP, UCSF, UCLA, USC, Harvard, Tufts, Boston, NYU, Columbia, UPenn, VCU

AADSAS Submitted Date: September 6, 2004

Schools Received AADSAS Date: (approximate date): October 29, 2004

Interview Invites: Boston, Columbia, UPenn

Denied: Not yet

Withdrew Application: N/A

Waitlisted: Not yet

Accepted: Not yet

I thought I had posted my stats earlier, but I looked through the threads and could not find my post (I must have deleted it at some point). Anyways...

Undergrad Ed: U.C. Berkeley (Go Bears!)
Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.44
Science Undergrad. GPA: 3.35

1st DAT: Academic, Science, PAT: 25/24/20
2nd DAT: Academic, Science, PAT: N/A

Extracurricular/Research Activities: Research, student government, ER volunteer, dental shadowing, athletics

Schools Applied: UOP, UCSF, UCLA, USC, Harvard

AADSAS Submitted Date: August 31, 2004

Schools Received AADSAS Date: October 12, 2004

Interview Invites: UCLA, Harvard

Denied: None

Withdrew Application: UOP, UCSF, USC, Harvard

Waitlisted: None

Accepted: UCLA (attending in Fall '05 with Dean's Scholarship)

By the way, calbear82's 29 TS is nuts! Well done :thumbup:

I really hope that the only people with such high scores this year are those that find SDN.. cuz everyone here has killer stats. I really hope not everyone out there is this smart.. (is that mean for me to say that...if so, i cant help it.. i just want to get in :scared: )

Howdy all, noob to SDN here, just found out about it 1-2 weeks ago.

Undergrad Ed: MIT
Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.2
Science Undergrad. GPA: 3.0
Graduate Ed: M.B.A., Boston Unitversity
Cumulative Graduate GPA: 3.75
Science Graduate GPA: N/A

1st DAT: Academic, Science, PAT: 20/20/20
2nd DAT: N/A

Extracurricular/Research Activities: 1 year full-time research in a dental lab. 2 years part-time research in a chem. lab. 2 publications (you know, one of those where you squeeze in your name somewhere in the middle hehe, definetly not a first author).

Schools Applied: about 10, posted on "interview" thread.
AADSAS Submitted Date: June 17th, 2004

Schools Received AADSAS Date: Not sure, didn't check.

Interview Invites: 8/10 so far, posted on "interview" thread.

Denied: N/A

Withdrew Application: N/A

Waitlisted: N/A

Accepted: N/A

your undergrad school definately rocks. awesome stats all around, have fun choosing between schools.

I just got a letter from Case saying that my application is on hold until I retake the DAT.. i am a little surprised.. my DAT scores are super or anything but I thought my GPA would help it out. I have a 3.9GPA, and 19/19/16 DAT scores...for those who got interviews at Case, could you tell me your stats..I am very disappointed. :( should i call and ask them what kind of scores they are looking for? I really dont think I have the energy to retake it this year.