2005: Where did you match at?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
QuietSylph said:
Yay! Congrats, Cytoborg! You will love it there.

What about JulianDelphiki? He's another one I'm curious about but haven't seen post in awhile.
Thank you, QuietSylph, and congratulations to you, too! :D

Members don't see this ad.

yaah said:
:cool: ;)

I don't say kewl, so no problem there. I can't promise not to say badass though. Or use the :cool: smilie.
I have no problems with the term badass. After all, I am one of the two pharmacy school badasses at UW. (pharmtard is the other.) I used the :cool: smiley the other day. But, you overuse it so that it feels sort of generic. You can't always be :cool: , even if you wish you could.

Members don't see this ad :)
All them UCSFs! Man you guys are going to have a riot of a time.

Wonder where Bojangles is going. Thrombus, Pingu and trent05 come to mind as well. And I hope rirriri made it!

deschutes said:
All them UCSFs! Man you guys are going to have a riot of a time.

Wonder where Bojangles is going. Thrombus, Pingu and trent05 come to mind as well. And I hope rirriri made it!
I wonder too...am I recalling correctly that Mr. Bojangles also had another handle on this forum? Perhaps he/she is already accounted for? I also hope things turned out well for rirriri...update us when you get a chance, please! :luck:

Perhaps there's a echo - echo - echo in here, But I also need to say that the match list for the SDN regulars is truly impressive. Apparently, there IS a link between SDN poster frequency and Ultimate Matchness... Congratulations all. 5-6 years down the road (with fellowship 'n' all), I'm sure y'all will be exxxelent pathologists. :D

jeff2005 - Iowa
Andy - B&W
geddy - B&W
caffeinegirl - MGH
deschutes - Minnesota
smitty - Wake
doc4nsix South Alabama
SLUsager - Stanford
vetiver – UCSF
sage – UCSF
Logos - UCSF
cytoborg - UCSF
Havarti – Baylor
pingu - Baylor
LADOC – Baghdad Charity Hospital
Mr. Personality – Emory
Skoller – Emory
Wanderlust - Emory
EvilTaz – PENN
Docta jp - PENN
LoaLoa - Duke
Brigsie – Johns Hopkins
Joedogma – Rochester
Pookies – WashU
Cjw – GW
Kt818 - GW
ALMD 2B – Wayne State
Ubiquitous - UTSW
QuietSylph - New Mexico
EUA - St. Joseph - Phoenix
cookiepuss?
stormjen?
Mr.bojangles?
thrombus?
JulianDelphiki?
trent05?

I matched at Baylor in Dallas...Hello private hospital and concierge service!

The reason for my post delay was that my husband and I were up in dallas purchasing the most kick ass house ever!

Wow, you bought a house already? That was fast! I'll need to sell my condo first before I can buy one in my new city.

stormjen said:
Wow, you bought a house already? That was fast! I'll need to sell my condo first before I can buy one in my new city.

What new city would that be? ;)

Pingu said:

The reason for my post delay was that my husband and I were up in dallas purchasing the most kick ass house ever!

Congrats. Now we only need to get a few more people. (Stormjen)

We did not go with the intention of buying a house. We were going to stand strong...then we found our dream house which made every property we looked at after like a hovel.

Plus, now I can turn my efforts to decorating!

Pingu said:
We did not go with the intention of buying a house. We were going to stand strong...then we found our dream house which made every property we looked at after like a hovel.

Plus, now I can turn my efforts to decorating!
That's exciting! Congrats!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I realize that I have not posted where I ended up matching. I warned about this well before match day. I still might, but I also might continue to hold out. I really do prefer to remain anonymous, since I like to let loose on here and talk trash. This is how I am in real life too -- the "mysterious" person nobody knows. ;)

stormjen said:
Yes, I realize that I have not posted where I ended up matching. I warned about this well before match day. I still might, but I also might continue to hold out. I really do prefer to remain anonymous, since I like to let loose on here and talk trash. This is how I am in real life too -- the "mysterious" person nobody knows. ;)

Don't make me break my foot off in yo ass! ;)

For being anonomyous, Knoxville, Columbia and I know exactly who you are... :eek:

Thus, for people like myself, we simply want to know where you are going before we sign our residency contracts... and find out later, that we have signed on for 4 years of the "narcissistic mystery channel"... :sleep:

We like your trash talking. But it's not over the top trash talking. Pssht. I'm not anonymous and I talk all the trash I want. Like, yesterday, I this really rude guy yelled at one of my co-workers, who is 9 months pregnant. So, I was like "Hey, Natalie, you go into the back and when he comes back we'll tell him you are 6 months pregnant with quintuplets and you had to leave because you went into labor right after his outburst." Who the **** screams at a pregnant woman? Oh, yes, someone on interferon. Stupid interferon induced bitchiness. He was an dingus before that anyway, though. :thumbdown:

Pingu said:

Congrats Pingu!!!! On both the match and the house!! :clap: :clap:

jeff2005 said:
jeff2005 - Iowa
Andy - B&W
geddy - B&W
caffeinegirl - MGH
deschutes - Minnesota
smitty - Wake
doc4nsix South Alabama
SLUsager - Stanford
vetiver – UCSF
sage – UCSF
Logos - UCSF
cytoborg - UCSF
Havarti – Baylor
pingu - Baylor
Mr. Personality – Emory
Skoller – Emory
Wanderlust - Emory
EvilTaz – PENN
Docta jp - PENN
LoaLoa - Duke
Brigsie – Johns Hopkins
Joedogma – Rochester
Pookies – WashU
Cjw – GW
Kt818 - GW
ALMD 2B – Wayne State
Ubiquitous - UTSW
QuietSylph - New Mexico
cookiepuss?
stormjen?
Mr.bojangles?
thrombus?
JulianDelphiki?
trent05?

I'll be going to MCV/VCU

jeff2005 - Iowa
Andy - B&W
geddy - B&W
caffeinegirl - MGH
deschutes - Minnesota
smitty - Wake
doc4nsix South Alabama
SLUsager - Stanford
vetiver – UCSF
sage – UCSF
Logos - UCSF
cytoborg - UCSF
Havarti – Baylor
pingu - Baylor
Mr. Personality – Emory
Skoller – Emory
Wanderlust - Emory
EvilTaz – PENN
Docta jp - PENN
LoaLoa - Duke
Brigsie – Johns Hopkins
Joedogma – Rochester
Pookies – WashU
Cjw – GW
Kt818 - GW
ALMD 2B – Wayne State
Ubiquitous - UTSW
QuietSylph - New Mexico
inspector2005 - MCV/VCU
cookiepuss?
stormjen - Leave her alone!
Mr.bojangles?
thrombus?
JulianDelphiki?
trent05?

bananaface said:
rule #1: never taunt the official spanker
rule #2: never stand in between the official spanker and one who has taunted her
rule #3: reread rules 1 and 2 frequently

And a few more things. . .

Warning: Pregnant women, the elderly and children under 10 should avoid prolonged exposure to The Official Spanker.
Caution: The Official Spanker may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds.

The Official Spanker Contains a liquid core, which, if exposed due to rupture, should not be touched, inhaled, or looked at.

Do not use The Official Spanker on concrete.

Discontinue use of The Official Spanker if any of the following occurs:
Itching
Vertigo
Dizziness
Tingling in extremities
Loss of balance or coordination
Slurred speech
Temporary blindness
Profuse sweating
Heart palpitations

If The Official Spanker begins to smoke, get away immediately. Seek shelter and cover head.

The Official Spanker may stick to certain types of skin.

When not in use, The Official Spanker should be returned to its special container and kept under refrigeration...

Failure to do so relieves the makers of The Official Spanker, Wacky Products Incorporated, and its parent company Global Chemical Unlimited, of any and all liability.

Ingredients of The Official Spanker include an unknown glowing substance which fell to Earth, presumably from outer space.

The Official Spanker has been shipped to our troops in Saudi Arabia and is also being dropped by our warplanes on Iraq.

Do not taunt The Official Spanker.

The Official Spanker comes with a lifetime guarantee.

The Official Spanker

ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTES!

Nobody else going to JHU?? (At least not here on SDN)

UCSD!!! Which was my number one choice for various reasons, but I almost considered coming to JHU and Stanford with various fellow posters.

killer!!!!!!! Good job

Been out of town since match day.

U. Colorado -- Back to the slopes!!!! :D

The SDN path match list is quite impressive. Bravo everyone! Congratulations!

jeff2005 - Iowa
Andy - B&W
geddy - B&W
caffeinegirl - MGH
deschutes - Minnesota
smitty - Wake
doc4nsix - South Alabama
SLUsager - Stanford
vetiver – UCSF
sage – UCSF
Logos - UCSF
cytoborg - UCSF
JulianDelphiki - UCSD
hrtgeek - Colorado
Havarti – Baylor
pingu - Baylor
Mr. Personality – Emory
Skoller – Emory
Wanderlust - Emory
EvilTaz – PENN
Docta jp - PENN
LoaLoa - Duke
Brigsie – Johns Hopkins
Joedogma – Rochester
Pookies – WashU
Cjw – GW
Kt818 - GW
ALMD 2B – Wayne State
Ubiquitous - UTSW
QuietSylph - New Mexico
inspector2005 - MCV/VCU
roach - Cleveland Clinic
cookiepuss?
stormjen - None of your business!
Mr.bojangles?
thrombus - Angry White Man University
trent05?

jeff2005 said:

:laugh: Good one :thumbup:

But what's up with Stormjen? Afraid that her Spanking Personality will cause her to get instantly recognized the moment she walks into the autopsy suite???

jeff2005 said:
jeff2005 - Iowa
Andy - B&W
geddy - B&W
caffeinegirl - MGH
deschutes - Minnesota
smitty - Wake
doc4nsix - South Alabama
SLUsager - Stanford
vetiver – UCSF
sage – UCSF
Logos - UCSF
cytoborg - UCSF
hrtgeek - UCSD
Havarti – Baylor
pingu - Baylor
Mr. Personality – Emory
Skoller – Emory
Wanderlust - Emory
EvilTaz – PENN
Docta jp - PENN
LoaLoa - Duke
Brigsie – Johns Hopkins
Joedogma – Rochester
Pookies – WashU
Cjw – GW
Kt818 - GW
ALMD 2B – Wayne State
Ubiquitous - UTSW
QuietSylph - New Mexico
inspector2005 - MCV/VCU
JulianDelphiki - Colorado
cookiepuss?
stormjen - None of your business!
Mr.bojangles?
trent05?

methinks you forgot roach, clev clinic i believe :)

Lots of UCSF, someone ask Rick Bainer if he is making serious bank yet when they get there.

I found out the new matches to our program (seven)- turns out I went to lunch with 3 of them. I guess I'm just persuasive. :laugh: 3 of them are from the same med school (not local!).

yaah said:
I found out the new matches to our program (seven)- turns out I went to lunch with 3 of them. I guess I'm just persuasive. :laugh: 3 of them are from the same med school (not local!).
are any of them hot by your standards? :laugh:

hey yaah, when does the michigan residency programs publish it's list of who matched here? i know the med school here will be releasing where all the students matched sometime later today. i was wondering if the residency programs here abide by that same timetable.

AndyMilonakis said:

hey yaah, when does the michigan residency programs publish it's list of who matched here? i know the med school here will be releasing where all the students matched sometime later today. i was wondering if the residency programs here abide by that same timetable.

I am not sure if by releasing it to the department, they have officially released it, or we are supposed to sort of keep it under wraps. I get the sense it is now for (relative) public consumption because residents are blabbermouths though.

But our incoming class - 4 girls, 3 guys. And I haven't seen all of their pictures so I don't know if they are hot or not.

AndyMilonakis said:

I think the operative word here is "your standards" !!!! :rolleyes: :laugh:

PathOne said:
I think the operative word here is "your standards" !!!! :rolleyes: :laugh:
That was exactly my point. See, for yaah, "hot" could one of several possible things:

1) Two X chromosomes and two functional legs.
2) She talks and doesn't sound like a man
3) Smokin!

And standards change...that's all.

*runs*

AndyMilonakis said:
1) Two X chromosomes and two functional legs.

Who needs two legs? I would take a peg leg and an eye patch over two functional legs any day of the week. Just imagine the possibilities.

yaah said:
I am not sure if by releasing it to the department, they have officially released it, or we are supposed to sort of keep it under wraps. I get the sense it is now for (relative) public consumption because residents are blabbermouths though.
Michigan should be releasing its lists soon (possibly today). That's the word I hear on the grapevine. The Match list for the class of 2005 just went online today so it makes sense for the list of folks that matched at Michigan to be released soon.

All I know yaah, judging from the Match lists floating around SDN, is that there's a person from Dartmouth who matched at Michigan pathology. Ring a bell?

AndyMilonakis said:
The Match list for the class of 2005 just went online today
Whoa. So much pressure!! I'm just a lowly Canadienne Pass/Fail student :( ;)

AndyMilonakis said:
All I know yaah, judging from the Match lists floating around SDN, is that there's a person from Dartmouth who matched at Michigan pathology.
Your acumen is really quite stunning.

Couple of updates....

jeff2005 - Iowa
Andy - B&W
geddy - B&W
caffeinegirl - MGH
deschutes - Minnesota
smitty - Wake
doc4nsix South Alabama
SLUsager - Stanford
vetiver – UCSF
sage – UCSF
Logos - UCSF
cytoborg - UCSF
Havarti – Baylor Houston
pingu - Baylor Dallas
Mr. Personality – Emory
Skoller – Emory
Wanderlust - Emory
EvilTaz – PENN
Docta jp - PENN
LoaLoa - Duke
Brigsie – Johns Hopkins
Joedogma – Rochester
Pookies – WashU
Cjw – GW
Kt818 - GW
ALMD 2B – Wayne State
Ubiquitous - UTSW
QuietSylph - New Mexico
inspector2005 - MCV/VCU
JulianDelphiki - UCSD
hrtgeek - Colorado
cookiepuss?
Mr.bojangles?
thrombus?
trent05?

We keep forgetting roach! We can also add big worm

jeff2005 - Iowa
Andy - B&W
geddy - B&W
caffeinegirl - MGH
deschutes - Minnesota
smitty - Wake
doc4nsix South Alabama
SLUsager - Stanford
vetiver – UCSF
sage – UCSF
Logos - UCSF
cytoborg - UCSF
Havarti – Baylor Houston
pingu - Baylor Dallas
Mr. Personality – Emory
Skoller – Emory
Wanderlust - Emory
EvilTaz – PENN
Docta jp - PENN
LoaLoa - Duke
Brigsie – Johns Hopkins
Joedogma – Rochester
Pookies – WashU
Cjw – GW
Kt818 - GW
ALMD 2B – Wayne State
Ubiquitous - UTSW
QuietSylph - New Mexico
inspector2005 - MCV/VCU
JulianDelphiki - UCSD
hrtgeek - Colorado
roach - Cleveland Clinic
big worm - Cleveland Clinic
Zoloft?
cookiepuss?
Mr.bojangles?
thrombus?
trent05? he said he matched at #1. Where is that?

i think trent matched at Brown. i believe that was his first choice.

nice job organizing the list jeff2005. :thumbup:

If stormjen wishes to preserve anonymity, she definitely should NOT reveal where she matched. In other parts of the forum, match lists from the various schools are popping up like hotcakes. My cover is fully blown and I'm sure people can figure out who some of the people here are. And then just wait until the residency programs update their rosters on their websites. Then it's game over :laugh:

deschutes said:
Whoa. So much pressure!! I'm just a lowly Canadienne Pass/Fail student
What pressure? What's done is done. Application season 2005...game over.

jeff2005 said:
We keep forgetting roach! We can also add big worm

?

The big worm dude is on a secret mission for El Presidente so his real location is top secret, but if you did happen to blow his cover at USCAP in Orleans, he would have to keel you. Fair warning.

AndyMilonakis said:
i think trent matched at Brown. i believe that was his first choice.

nice job organizing the list jeff2005. :thumbup:

If stormjen wishes to preserve anonymity, she definitely should NOT reveal where she matched. In other parts of the forum, match lists from the various schools are popping up like hotcakes. My cover is fully blown and I'm sure people can figure out who some of the people here are. And then just wait until the residency programs update their rosters on their websites. Then it's game over :laugh:

I admitted I went to Baghdad (Uday was PD at the time and promised endless fun and excitement for me) for residency after turning down the late, great Ramzi Cotran. Everyone should have to admit!

PS-In all seriousness, to the people going to UCSF, ask Rick Bainer about a former colleague named Jill Hagenkord...hes the masta story teller.

AndyMilonakis said:
In other parts of the forum, match lists from the various schools are popping up like hotcakes.
Hmm. Such as?
AndyMilonakis said:
I'm sure people can figure out who some of the people here are. And then just wait until the residency programs update their rosters on their websites. Then it's game over :laugh:
My prog don't do no roster webpage.

Having said that, I bet if I google "deschutes what do you look like", I'd turn my own picture up.
AndyMilonakis said:
What if you went to UMich and matched to... oh I don't know, Hospital of Flying Rainbow? Would they kick you out? ;)

deschutes said:
Hmm. Such as?
There's a thread on Pre-Allo or Allo.
There is also a sticky on the General Residency forum.
There is also a thread in the MD/PhD forum.
What if you went to UMich and matched to... oh I don't know, Hospital of Flying Rainbow? Would they kick you out? ;)
It don't matter where people match. The school should be happy for everyone.

deschutes said:
Hmm.oh I don't know, Hospital of Flying Rainbow? Would they kick you out? ;)

Flying Rainbow was my back up. Dont knock it. The PD mandates pink scrubs for all.