2006 California Accept/Reject/I Don't Know Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Caligirl98 said:
Anybody received a secondary from UCSD lately? My application was received mid-august and still haven't heard a word. I'm considered out of state though so I don't know if they might be holding off looking at out of state applicants?

I got a secondary from them last week. They got my AMCAS around the first week of September, and then later e-mailed me saying that I needed to fulfill a prerequisite. I replied with what course I would take, and received the secondary shortly afterwards. I'm also out-of-state.

Hope this helps.

Members don't see this ad.

AMCAS Verified Mid June. UC secondaries completed in August.

UC Davis - No word since secondary completion
UCSF - Hold for Interview
UCI - Hold for Interview
UCLA - No word since secondary completeion
UCSD - Interviewing 11/10.

I just want to get in.....

airflare said:
I got a secondary from them last week. They got my AMCAS around the first week of September, and then later e-mailed me saying that I needed to fulfill a prerequisite. I replied with what course I would take, and received the secondary shortly afterwards. I'm also out-of-state.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Congrats on getting a secondary from them! Yeah, I really didn't have my hopes up that I would receive a secondary from them at this point but you never know in this process. One friend told me that she also applied there out of state and just when she thought she would get nothing from them she got a secondary and an interview. I did receive and complete a secondary for UCLA so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that UCLA might come through so that I will have the opportunity to move back to CA. :)

Good Luck to you!

Members don't see this ad :)
just when i thought my week has been bad enough, i got an "on hold" for interview email from UCSD :( was completed 9/28
hope i can get out of this "on hold" pile later....sigh....

This is probably a stupid question for all you Californians but why didnt any of you apply to USC Keck?? I am out of state and would like to go to a california school and since its private it seemed easiest for me to get into. Although i havent heard back from them since submitting my secondary..Did I miss the boat on something??? :confused:

kaykay73 said:
This is probably a stupid question for all you Californians but why didnt any of you apply to USC Keck?? I am out of state and would like to go to a california school and since its private it seemed easiest for me to get into. Although i havent heard back from them since submitting my secondary..Did I miss the boat on something??? :confused:
I applied to USC and am a CA resident, but I also haven't heard anythign back from them...I think many CA residents dont apply because A) its hard to get into and B) Its like 30K/year for tuition...tuition at a UC for CA residents is like 8K, so a big difference...thats just my opinion about it, though.

I agree. i havne't heard from keck since i submitted(one of my first submitted secondaries). I dont know what's going on.

For those of you that have been put on hold or given an interview at UCI, how long did your status say "Review in Process"?

I've had this status for a week already and, while I'm happy to be out of the "pending review" hell, I don't want to exchange one waiting hell for another!

for UCI, I am currently have had "review in process" for about 2 weeks now. . . No change yet.

Jaydiggity21 said:
I applied to USC and am a CA resident, but I also haven't heard anythign back from them...I think many CA residents dont apply because A) its hard to get into and B) Its like 30K/year for tuition...tuition at a UC for CA residents is like 8K, so a big difference...thats just my opinion about it, though.

I think USC's tuition is around 35 K, and as for the UC's tuition... 8K is what it was two years ago. Now, it's skyrocketed to 20K. I WISH it was 8k... :(

Jaydiggity21 said:

check their application website. I was invited for an interview and I didn't even know about it (they're supposed to email you, but I'm not sure what happened there)

tuition at a uc is going to be 22K (all grad & professional progs), if not more (good ol' Arnie), plus they don't have the resources to give scholarships/grants like private schools.
i think a lot of ca applicants don't apply for other reasons, like its location.

California schools are notoriously slow.