About the Ads

notdeadyet

Still in California
15+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
same here; invite for a place on the waitlist. whoo hoo!
Yeah, they sent out another batch on March 8th.

Does anyone know how much movement MCW has on their waitlist? I'd like to interview there and realize that it's for a waitlist spot, but if they don't move a lot...

ReachingTruth

My Future Rests on Hope
10+ Year Member
Jul 19, 2006
Status (Visible)
On interview day, Mike Istwan (Director) said that they have had a varying amount of movement from the waitlist each year. Last year 14 people were taken off the waitlist, the year before 96, the year before 12. So it's a toss up.

notdeadyet

Still in California
15+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
On interview day, Mike Istwan (Director) said that they have had a varying amount of movement from the waitlist each year. Last year 14 people were taken off the waitlist, the year before 96, the year before 12. So it's a toss up.
Yeah, but I'm more curious how many people are on these waitlists. And do you know your ranking or approximation?

ReachingTruth

My Future Rests on Hope
10+ Year Member
Jul 19, 2006
Status (Visible)
Yeah, but I'm more curious how many people are on these waitlists. And do you know your ranking or approximation?

Ah, 200 people are on the waitlist. You find out the ranking come early May. They tell you which quartile you are in.

riverwoman1040

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 18, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I've read on SDN that after interview, the waitlist is ranked soley on interview performance. Can anyone confirm that this is factual information and not just a SDN rumor?

ReachingTruth

My Future Rests on Hope
10+ Year Member
Jul 19, 2006
Status (Visible)
I've read on SDN that after interview, the waitlist is ranked soley on interview performance. Can anyone confirm that this is factual information and not just a SDN rumor?

I was under the impression that it was complete file. But now, I'd like to know as well. Anyone have good info on this?

sotired

sotired
10+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
for those of you received a march 8th invite, when were you complete?

RLDU2

10+ Year Member
Oct 10, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I got an invite to interview March 8th and was complete the beginning of November

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.