2007 NC Med Schools Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I just called. RFUMS, here I come. Last-batch people, decisions are out.

sorry fluffe. I just called as well, and apparently there are some apps that the committee JUST met on, and Lisa doesnt have the decisions available yet. She told me to call right before they leave the office -the suspense is KILLING me.

Members don't see this ad.

:D I though we deserved a bump! It's been a quiet day and I like seeing this thread title on the front page. :D

So, is ECU planning to send out the rest of the decisions mid-may? I was just browsing last year's thread trying to figure out when I might hear something.

Members don't see this ad :)
So, is ECU planning to send out the rest of the decisions mid-may? I was just browsing last year's thread trying to figure out when I might hear something.

Yeah, as far as I understood they were going to finish this last batch of interviews (which I think they did this week) and make their final decisions through the first couple weeks of May.

if you mean waiting for movement on the waitlist...then yes...but i dont really expect there to be movement until may 15th.

did you get the waitlist letter yet? my mail hasn't arrived yet today.

no i havent yet, i wonder why its taking them so long? I was thinking about driving to chapel hill and asking them to print it out so that i can sign it and give it to them right there.

I wonder if that would give me an edge on where I am on the waitlist.

I feel your pain! For some reason I don't feel 'relieved' to be on the waitlist because I haven't seen it in writing! If only I lived closer to UNC. I hate fighting the traffic on 40! :mad: Otherwise, I am tempted to do the same!

I live in chapel hill and i haven't received my rejection letter yet.

They were supposed to mail out the letters 04/27/07 and 04/30/07, so we should see something in the mail by tuesday or wednesday

Members don't see this ad :)
First person to truthfully post that they have received a waitlist / rejection letter in the mail wins a prize!

:thumbup:

Some one call UNC and ask what the deal is...

Just got an email acceptance from Wake this morning. Certainly improves my mood after calling and being told I was an "Unsuccessful Applicant" at UNC.

CONGRATS FutureNeuroStud! Is that where you are going to go then?

CONGRATS FutureNeuroStud! Is that where you are going to go then?

Thanks. Wake is the one for now. I'm still on three waitlists, so I'll wait until the end of June to see if anyone else draws me away. I might not take another offer, regardless. But there's no harm in waiting to see.

Thanks. Wake is the one for now. I'm still on three waitlists, so I'll wait until the end of June to see if anyone else draws me away. I might not take another offer, regardless. But there's no harm in waiting to see.

Before you got your acceptance, what did the admissions office say your position on the waitlist was?

Congrats on the Wake acceptance.

Before you got your acceptance, what did the admissions office say your position on the waitlist was?

I never asked. I sent an update letter last Monday, though. That may have had something to do with the timing.

Congrats!

I got an acceptance from Wake too this morning. For those wondering, I was told I was in the top third about a month ago.

Good luck everyone!

Congratulations on your Wake Forest acceptances, JBob330 and FutureNeuroStud! I hope there are many more Wake acceptances going out to SDN people!

I just called UNC. Letters went out yesterday. Lisa said there was a hiccup with AMCAS that caused problems generating the letters (and some other stuff). She was really sweet, as always, and thanked me for being patient with them.

Start checking the mailboxes! I am jealous of all of you in Chapel Hill that are able to walk the form over! :laugh:

Thanks rottiesrock! 15 days to possible waitlist movement!

(Stop)
Oh yes, wait a minute Mister Postman
(Wait)
Wait Mister Postman

Please Mister Postman, look and see
(Oh yeah)
If there's a letter in your bag for me
(Please, Please Mister Postman)
Why's it takin' such a long time
(Oh yeah)
For me to hear from that medical school of mine

There must be some word today
From my school so far away
Please Mister Postman, look and see
If there's a letter, a letter for me

I've been standin' here waitin' Mister Postman
So patiently
For just a card, or just a letter
Sayin' they're accepting, rejecting or waitlisting me

(Mister Postman)
Mister Postman, look and see
(Oh yeah)
(Oh yeah)
For me to hear from that medical school of mine

So many days you passed me by
See the tears standin' in my eyes
You didn't stop to make me feel better
By leavin' me a card or a letter

(Mister Postman)
(Oh yeah)

(Why don't you check it and see one more time for me, you gotta)
Wait a minute
Wait a minute
Wait a minute
Wait a minute
(Mister Postman)

(C'mon deliver the letter, the sooner the better)
Mister Postman

You are crazy stereochemistry!

:( Got a rejection letter from ECU today...
On a brighter note, got the UNC waitlist letter in the mail today as well

got my waitlist letter from UNC yesterday...

I know, I know...

Broken Record..

But, has anyone got any info about how many people are on the waitlist or any other tasty UNC info?

I know, I know...

Broken Record..

But, has anyone got any info about how many people are on the waitlist or any other tasty UNC info?

Not really. Last I heard from Admissions is that the acceptance pool hadn't dropped below 160 yet. So, we're going to have to wait it out for awhile. I am guessing they accepted about 180 students.

Congrats!

I got an acceptance from Wake too this morning. For those wondering, I was told I was in the top third about a month ago.

Good luck everyone!

congrats, JBob.
i think you may have got my seat. i sent out my declination to Wake on 30th morning.
As for UNC, i called again since i still haven't received my waitlist letter yet. i was told that they are to be sent out sometime today (i have my fingers crossed).

congrats, JBob.
i think you may have got my seat. i sent out my declination to Wake on 30th morning.
As for UNC, i called again since i still haven't received my waitlist letter yet. i was told that they are to be sent out sometime today (i have my fingers crossed).

Thanks. Where are you headed? I see your from Chicago. I'm on the WL at Loyola, hoping and praying.

Thanks. Where are you headed? I see your from Chicago. I'm on the WL at Loyola, hoping and praying.

Im actually from NC. i went to chicago for college. At the moment, im happy with Northwestern, but i'll still hold out for UNC since the instate deal is irresistable.

I know, I know...

Broken Record..

When I called a few days ago, I was told that they wouldnt really know until people responded to the waitlist letter...to which the deadline was may 15.

Hi everyone... a question for those of you waitlisted at UNC. ON the form, does effective dates go with the changed address. I just want to make sure everything is right before I send it in. Admissions of Office will not answer the phone.

Thanks

Hi everyone... a question for those of you waitlisted at UNC. ON the form, does effective dates go with the changed address. I just want to make sure everything is right before I send it in. Admissions of Office will not answer the phone.

Thanks

I think so. I live here full time so I didn't put anything there, but I'm pretty sure it's for college kids who will be heading home for the summer.

has anyone who lives in NC not received their rejection or waitlist letter yet? I thought they went out May 1, and I'm only a 2.5 hour drive away, so mail from the triangle area doesn't usually take more than a couple days to get to me.... what's up, post office?

has anyone who lives in NC not received their rejection or waitlist letter yet? I thought they went out May 1, and I'm only a 2.5 hour drive away, so mail from the triangle area doesn't usually take more than a couple days to get to me.... what's up, post office?

I have not yet received anything, however I do live in Asheville. My location might cause the delay but I'm starting to lean towards a different hypothesis: I think the waitlist letters have gone out and if you have not received one, you are getting a rejection letter that has not yet been sent. Is there anyone here that has received a rejection letter from UNC? Or how about anyone that has been told over the phone they are waitlisted yet has not gotten their waitlist letter?

+pissed+

Does anyone with a WL letter have the address handy that we are supposed to have our transcripts mailed to? Thanks!

JBob,

Completely off topic, but where did you find a pub named Darwin's. I gotta go check it out!!!

I'm in Charlotte, and I haven't received anything by mail yet. However, I was told I was in the "Unsuccessful Applicant" group over the phone. Maybe rejections are coming out later than Wait Lists.

JBob,

Completely off topic, but where did you find a pub named Darwin's. I gotta go check it out!!!

It's in Dublin, Ireland. Unfortunately, I didn't get to go in, but it looked so cool (and hilarious) with his picture hanging over the front.

I'm in Charlotte too and haven't gotten my rejection letter, even though I know a decision was made by April 20th.

Anyone heard from ECU in the past few days? Their process should be wrapping up in the next week or so...

Status
Not open for further replies.