2007dental school applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Count me in guys.....n one question to all.....is the part 1 now clinical based....i m really burnt out n very tensed appearing in last week of july.....hao was the part 1 for all of u who gave recently....plz u guys can help.....so plz....do
 
sweetgal said:
hi apli,,,congratulations,,,check ur pm,,
vpg,,what r ur stats,,,and what schools are u guys planning for,,plz specify


NBD part 1 - 91
Toefl 297/300
GPA 3.4
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everybody
I had a question about the transcripts.........I dont think all schools require it....only some of them ask for transcripts.......but we should do some research and share info so that we can get the required number of transcripts at one time....I laready have one set which is sealed from my college....but the date on that is six months ago....do the transcripts have to be recent???thanx for answering....
 
confi-dent said:
🙂


I studied for one year and went 4 times over decks, 4 times over kaplan book and once over the released. Also, for anatomy I new from cover to cover the "anatomy made ridiculously simple"- very good source. I guess that neuroanatomy part from kaplan is a must, you have to memorize the text to be able to make the conections and identify the corect answer in the exam. My opinion is that you shlould repeat all this material as many times as you can and you will do very good. good luck! 🙂

THANKYOU SO MUCH FOR ALL THAT ADVICE AND INFO.WISH I HAD THAT KIND OF TIME NOW..... 🙁 AS THE DEADLINES ARE SO CLOSE :meanie: .I AM AT THE FIRST REVISION I.E DOING 2ND TIME. .....TERRIBLY SLOW....... 😴
ANYWAYS.......THANKS & GOOD LUCK TO YOU TOO........
🙂
 
shlo said:
Hey everybody
I had a question about the transcripts.........I dont think all schools require it....only some of them ask for transcripts.......but we should do some research and share info so that we can get the required number of transcripts at one time....I laready have one set which is sealed from my college....but the date on that is six months ago....do the transcripts have to be recent???thanx for answering....

YUP...THAT'S WHAT I KNOW.
ALL RECOMMENDATIONS & TRANSCRIPTS HAVE TO BE WITHIN LAST SIX MONTHS.
 
docapd said:
YUP...THAT'S WHAT I KNOW.
ALL RECOMMENDATIONS & TRANSCRIPTS HAVE TO BE WITHIN LAST SIX MONTHS.
Hi,
Can you please tell me what are exactly the "transcripts"??
I understand they are the list of your final grades from every year at dental school, Am I correct???
Only the final grades of every subject at every year?? or lests say you go to a yearly program and you take 4 exams for ANATOMY through the year, all the four have to be on your transcripts? or just the final one?
sorry if the questions are stupid.

And even if you graduated 8 years ago , do the transcripts have to be recent?
Can you please expalin this a little?? :scared: whenever you can.
thank you very much.
PAZDENT
 
Hi Friends ,
I am new to this forum. I have just signed up recently. I also would like to apply for 2007 admissions.. My stats are as follows-
NBDE part-1 score - 89
TOEFL ( paper based ) - 640 / 677
ECE GPA - 3.41
Work Experience - 10 + yrs
Can anyone advice me if I stand a chane in any dental school ? Do I need to retake part-1 ? I am planning to take my part-2 in Dec or Jan.
Thanks in advance to all who reply.
 
hi all,
i need help.... iam planning 2 apply fr 2007 NE schools. i sent my consolidated transcript of all 4 yrs to the ece. now they mailed me that they require photocopies of all years seperately........ whats this if i provide them with xerox copies shud they b notarized?pllllllllllll help me iam very desperate 2 get a date fr part 1.
 
chinnu96 said:
hi all,
i need help.... iam planning 2 apply fr 2007 NE schools. i sent my consolidated transcript of all 4 yrs to the ece. now they mailed me that they require photocopies of all years seperately........ whats this if i provide them with xerox copies shud they b notarized?pllllllllllll help me iam very desperate 2 get a date fr part 1.
hi chinnu,,,actually even i sent them photocopies of all 4yrs marks cards,10th and 12th and also degree certificate,,which were not notarized,,,its been two weeks,,i dont think it should be a problem
 
hey
One question to all of u...when do the California schools start processing the applications.....is it after the deadline or as and when the applications are pouring in......from the opening date.....
thanks
 
preetha said:
hi suman, rekha n others...

i also plan to apply for 2007....my part 1 score is 89, looking for east coast colleges...can u tell me which ones to apply first...like when are the deadlines for east coast coll?

i have to take my toefl and part 2 yet....

pls respond.thanks.
hi,
I also plan to apply for 2007, but i hav to give part 1 in aug and my toefl scores is 280 😕 . Cud u please let me know wen wud i get my results if i appear for the exam on 17th aug and also about the colleges 2 which i cud apply after i recieve my scores? any idea about the various criteria which are taken into consideration for the admisssion? also i dont have a greencard so how do i get loan for the course.
Please reply, very tense about the exams and admisssion.
 
dentist 11 said:
hi,
I also plan to apply for 2007, but i hav to give part 1 in aug and my toefl scores is 280 😕 . Cud u please let me know wen wud i get my results if i appear for the exam on 17th aug and also about the colleges 2 which i cud apply after i recieve my scores? any idea about the various criteria which are taken into consideration for the admisssion? also i dont have a greencard so how do i get loan for the course.
Please reply, very tense about the exams and admisssion.
Hey
IF u take the CBT on 17 th august u should get ur results in like 2 weeks and when we say two weeks it excludes the sat and sundays.....
thats all i can help u with cause i am in the same situation as yours....and i am taking end of this month......
gud luck
 
This thread seems to be not including the new members....we know we are late but request you to get us in....but no replies....

please i need help with my question.....on the processing of Applications by California schools.....do they start after the deadlines?

i am taking test end of the month,take out time to log in n read posts and ask help....no replies....so feel bad...
thanks
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
dentist79 said:
This thread seems to be not including the new members....we know we are late but request you to get us in....but no replies....

please i need help with my question.....on the processing of Applications by California schools.....do they start after the deadlines?

i am taking test end of the month,take out time to log in n read posts and ask help....no replies....so feel bad...
thanks
hello,,actually most of the schools on the west have deadlines in september month,,i think they will review once the deadlines have crossed,,but still everybody say early applications are preferred,,so keep everything ready and as soon as u get ur scores apply to schools,,,hope this helps,, 👍
 
Hi Friends ,
I am new to this forum. I have just signed up recently. I also would like to apply for 2007 admissions.. My stats are as follows-
NBDE part-1 score - 89
TOEFL ( paper based ) - 640 / 677
ECE GPA - 3.41
Work Experience - 10 + yrs
Can anyone advice me if I stand a chane in any dental school ? Do I need to retake part-1 ? I am planning to take my part-2 in Dec or Jan.
Thanks in advance to all who reply.

I am reposting this message again ... Can someone be kind enough to give their advice ?
 
If you search through the studentdoctor forums, you will be able to answer your own question. I would suggest you look at the acceptance threads for classes for NYU2009, Boston, and UOP. You will see that many people post their stats and you can compare yours to the ones that got accepted or rejected.

Sometimes the acceptance criteria doesn't seem to make sense. I will tell you that people with more than 90 part 1 and more than 3.0 gpa have been rejected, and people with 81 part 1 and 2.5 gpa have been accepted. So anything can happen. Your stats are good and I wish you luck.

Pinto
 
Yes u are right,"transcripts"are the list of Only the final grades from every year at dental school that are scored by the affiliated univ.In our school,we took univ. exam just once a year, don't know if you have a diff. system in your country.
If you are sending transcript as part of package it can be notarised copy of old dated transcript .
But if the school req. transcript to be sent from your school directly now,(in few schools)then, of course it will be dated afresh.
hope that helps.
🙂
 
Hey Guys ,

Good Luck with your applications for 2007. Since u guys would be preparing for practical exams for admission,I would like to tell u that I have a utech compressor with foot control that i am willing to sell. I bought it last year for my exams. Its in a very good condition. If anyone interested in buying it do pm me.

Good luck once again,
Sangmitr


Pheonix said:
Hey guys..don'tworry..I think notarized copies will do the job in most of the schools.
I got accepted in BU & I have submitted only notarized copies ..that too issued by my Indian dental college(not directly from the univ.).
 
HYDBDS said:
Hi Friends ,
I am new to this forum. I have just signed up recently. I also would like to apply for 2007 admissions.. My stats are as follows-
NBDE part-1 score - 89
TOEFL ( paper based ) - 640 / 677
ECE GPA - 3.41
Work Experience - 10 + yrs
Can anyone advice me if I stand a chane in any dental school ? Do I need to retake part-1 ? I am planning to take my part-2 in Dec or Jan.
Thanks in advance to all who reply.

I am reposting this message again ... Can someone be kind enough to give their advice ?


Good stats HYDBDS. Your applications will look good my friend. Good luck 👍
 
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum. Originally from India now based at Sacramento, CA

my stats are,

Part 1: 93
GPA: 3.75 (ECE)
will be taking the TOEFL in 2 weeks.

It would be great if some one guides me to apply for dental schools in California, especially regarding the practicals, interview preparation etc.
 
hey...anyone from mumbai,india doin applications currently??i was hopin to get in touch wid someone n do the applications together...lemme know
 
hi,
anybody started with the application procedures. how long will it take for the ece report & ada scores to be reported to schools.
 
rachna said:
hey...anyone from mumbai,india doin applications currently??i was hopin to get in touch wid someone n do the applications together...lemme know
Hi Rachna,
nice to know u r from mumbai too...which college where u from?yah i m also in the process of applying 4 2007 admissions....done with part 1 ...still waiting 4 toefl results....am intersted to discuss the application procedue with u...lemme know
arti
 
hi everyone,
I jus got my nbde score today , I am bit disoopinted with the score, can anyone give their opinion if I stand any chance

part 1 ....87
toefl........263
GPA.........3.5
 
rajjos77 said:
Hi,
I did some research on some CA schools. I think, only UOP accepts notarized copies of transcripts and even the ECE report, NBDE score, and TOEFL score.
Rest of the univerities like UCSF, UCLA and USC ( I know only about these many) accepts only official score report send directly by the perticular oragnizations( like ADA, ETS etc)
But, these universities accept official as well as notarized copy of transcripts.
I think, it is better to get official copy from India as it works cheaper. Because, notary is minimum $ 5-10 per sheet, I guess.

if u have an account in the bank where u go for notary they do it for free.
 
rekhamadhuri said:
hi,
my score is 92% wat abt u. is it enough if we can get our transcripts from the university which we graduated but i have been hearing something like notarized copies. what r they. how far r u guys in applying..i must start from tomorrow..do post any info in this thread...

u have only one original transcript from ur university. make photocopies and go to a bank( a notary) .he will notarize the transcripts for u. those will be notarized copies.
 
hey guys,
I wanted to know if we're expected to attach a cv/resume with the application forms for adv st programs...i think most schools ask all that info in the application form itself so is there a need to attach a cv/resume separately??
 
I am interested to know if there are any people who are working full time while preparing for NBDE1 and how you are managing to balance. I work 9-5, my exam is next month and it is really hard balancing
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
rekhamadhuri said:
hi,
anybody started with the application procedures. how long will it take for the ece report & ada scores to be reported to schools.
hey rekha
Generally it reaches in like a week....but they say for schools like in CA or really away from chicago it takes a lil more than this....probably in the second week....
bbye
 
kichamani said:
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum. Originally from India now based at Sacramento, CA

my stats are,

Part 1: 93
GPA: 3.75 (ECE)
will be taking the TOEFL in 2 weeks.

It would be great if some one guides me to apply for dental schools in California, especially regarding the practicals, interview preparation etc.
hi
there
great scores....i am in CA too....in san jose....when did u take part one....i am taking very soon and taking toefl right after....lets get in touch...
bbye
 
sweetgal said:
hello,,actually most of the schools on the west have deadlines in september month,,i think they will review once the deadlines have crossed,,but still everybody say early applications are preferred,,so keep everything ready and as soon as u get ur scores apply to schools,,,hope this helps,, 👍
thanks sweet gal
hope yr side is going great with everything...i am giving my exam end july...very tensed....just wanted 2 reply u as ur info helps....
bye
 
dentist79 said:
thanks sweet gal
hope yr side is going great with everything...i am giving my exam end july...very tensed....just wanted 2 reply u as ur info helps....
bye
hey dentist 79,,good luck for ur exam,,i am sure u will do good,,try to hit 90+
 
I have a composite score of 83 (NBDE 1 )
TOEFL ( took it on 07/29 )
Experience as dentist 2.5 years
Experience as dental assistant in US ( 4 months )
GPA ( ECE ) - 3.03

I am also a Permanent Resident. Will this status help ?

Can anyone tell me what universities I have a realistic chance of getting into ? I have not yet reconciled to the fact that I may have to take NBDE 1 again coz I really slogged for the first attempt.
 
Hey suman,
My name is manish and i m a new member. i ve just started to prepare for NBDE . Plz mail me at "[email protected]"

thanks


sumanreddivari said:
since almost all dental college admissions r done for this yr am starting a thread for 2007 applicants. we can share details regarding application procedure , compare scores,prepare for part2, get info on stupid things like travel n boarding .....well its too early to start this thread ,but not pointless.lets see how it goes..
suman
 
Hey
I just took part 1 today and really keeping fingers crossed....just wanted to catch up here.....
thankssweet gal for your wishes....where r u located...in CA...?how r things going at ur end...have u started preparing to apply....?
besties
 
sweetgal said:
hey dentist 79,,good luck for ur exam,,i am sure u will do good,,try to hit 90+
Hey
I just took part 1 today and really keeping fingers crossed....just wanted to catch up here.....
thankssweet gal for your wishes....where r u located...in CA...?how r things going at ur end...have u started preparing to apply....?
besties
 
dentist79 said:
Hey
I just took part 1 today and really keeping fingers crossed....just wanted to catch up here.....
thankssweet gal for your wishes....where r u located...in CA...?how r things going at ur end...have u started preparing to apply....?
besties
hey dentist,,,,how did u do ur exam,,i wish u get 90+...all the best for that
and regarding me i have already applied to some schools,,need to think on others,,,, 😀
I am located in OHIO,,,

all the best buddy
 
Hi everyone...my first post here..find this forum very useful..

Below are my stats:

NBDE I: 87
TOEFL: 240
ECE GPA: 3.18
w aiting for NBDE Part II results

I'm not sure what my chances are with these stats. So I have been thinking of applying to 4 year DDS program as a regular student by giving DAT rather than re-appearing for NBDE I....but I hardly hear any foreign trained dentist doing so. What do you guys think of this alternative? Would like to hear some thoughts.

Last year i applied to NYU and Colorado with NBDE I scores (I could meet only those 2 deadlines) but i didn`t get an interview..This year i am going to apply to other dental schools with Adv. Standing Program

Thanks!
 
is anyone applying to marquette university this year?if so,can you post the link for application here as i can't find the link for downloadable application.Thanks for your help.
 
sweetgal said:
hi guys,,i had a doubt,,actually i am on h4 and my green card in under process,,and my visa is getting expired in october,,but applied for extension,,do i need to attach a letter from my hubby's employer explaining whole situation,,or is it ok ,,,does alll these matter,,coz i think we need to attach a copy of passport and I-94,,,pllzzz help,,confused 😕

Hi Sweetgal,
just got my part 1 scores..will be applying in some collges too..Looks like u and me are in the same boat, regarding visa status..I get go frustrated seeing tht most of the schools nned part 2 also and a perm. resident status...?..this really narrows down the list of schools where we can apply..anyways, wht plan are u following..Can u help/guide me as to how i shld go about?..I am in Texas..Where r u applying?...
regards,
richa
 
richa sharma said:
Hi Sweetgal,
just got my part 1 scores..will be applying in some collges too..Looks like u and me are in the same boat, regarding visa status..I get go frustrated seeing tht most of the schools nned part 2 also and a perm. resident status...?..this really narrows down the list of schools where we can apply..anyways, wht plan are u following..Can u help/guide me as to how i shld go about?..I am in Texas..Where r u applying?...
regards,
richa
hi richa congrats on ur awesome score,,,,96 is like a dream for me,,,,,good keep it up,,,,and regarding ur other doubts check ur pm,,,

all the best
 
Hi Richa Sharma,
Congratulations!!!
Great Score!!
Good luck on your applications and admission!
Cheers!
rajjos
 
richa sharma said:
Hi Sweetgal,
just got my part 1 scores..will be applying in some collges too..Looks like u and me are in the same boat, regarding visa status..I get go frustrated seeing tht most of the schools nned part 2 also and a perm. resident status...?..this really narrows down the list of schools where we can apply..anyways, wht plan are u following..Can u help/guide me as to how i shld go about?..I am in Texas..Where r u applying?...
regards,
richa
hi richa
wao..great score ...congrats dear...
dont worry about limitations in applying to school..u'll get in where ever u apply..im sure
good luck with application and stay in touch 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
b'lore said:
is anyone applying to marquette university this year?if so,can you post the link for application here as i can't find the link for downloadable application.Thanks for your help.
Hi,
i will also be applying to marquette . if u want the application form u will have to sent them a request form asking wht info u need. click on admissions and then go to contact admissions.in tht u can fill the request form. . they normally reply in a day or two.
hope this helps
good luck
 
small wonder said:
Hi,
i will also be applying to marquette . if u want the application form u will have to sent them a request form asking wht info u need. click on admissions and then go to contact admissions.in tht u can fill the request form. . they normally reply in a day or two.
hope this helps
good luck

can you throw some light on marquette..
would appreciate that
 
small wonder said:
Hi,
i will also be applying to marquette . if u want the application form u will have to sent them a request form asking wht info u need. click on admissions and then go to contact admissions.in tht u can fill the request form. . they normally reply in a day or two.
hope this helps
good luck


hi,
i did send them a request for info about a week back.no response till now.looks like i have to contact them again..
thanks for the info
 
hi everyone,
i am really confused abt getting my certificates notarized.
do they have to be notarized by notary public or is it fine if i get it done from commissioner of oaths.i am residing in canada and do not know the place where i can go.plz help
thanks.








b'lore said:
hi,
i did send them a request for info about a week back.no response till now.looks like i have to contact them again..
thanks for the info
 
docapd said:
YUP...THAT'S WHAT I KNOW.
ALL RECOMMENDATIONS & TRANSCRIPTS HAVE TO BE WITHIN LAST SIX MONTHS.
Hi ,
I got my reccos and transcripts from India. I was told by my profs and dean tht they have not mentioned any date on the letter..Is tht fine?..Also, there is no date mentioned on my transcript..just the dean's sign and stamp...

Shld a date be mentioned on all the documents.?..If thts the case..then i will have to work fast..
pls answer soon, if anyone has any idea.
richa