2008-2009 Temple Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, not necessarily given that they have not met for several weeks now.

Where did you hear that? Just curious.

Members don't see this ad.

someone said that somewhere on page 8, but then someone also got accepted 2 weeks ago. so eh.

The admissions secretary mentioned that for a couple weeks now. but as of yesterday, she said that they should be meeting today

Members don't see this ad :)
cool, thanks.

Has anyone else been "Under Review" for like 5 months now? Seriously, if I don't have a chance or I'm not going to be granted an interview, just please reject me. I've been patient and not even contacted the office once, I just want some closure.

Has anyone else been "Under Review" for like 5 months now? Seriously, if I don't have a chance or I'm not going to be granted an interview, just please reject me. I've been patient and not even contacted the office once, I just want some closure.

I feel your pain. I'm still under review as well.

I feel your pain. I'm still under review as well.

Same here

I was told they received my letter of institutional action two months ago. Today I was told they never received it. Which is it Temple?!? Get your story straight!!!

I was told they received my letter of institutional action two months ago. Today I was told they never received it. Which is it Temple?!? Get your story straight!!!

What is an letter of institutional action? and does everyone need one?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was on probation during grad school. So I answered "yes" to the institutional action on my AMCAS. It wasn't a big deal and my advisor talks about it in his LOR. But Temple needed me to send them a seperate letter to them.

Hey guys--I just canceled my interview on Weds 2/11 so hopefully one of you will get it!! :p:love::luck:

anyone heard back from temple? wondering when they notify ad com decisions?

I did today, and was informed my application has not been reviewed yet because they have never received my secondary app fee.

I have receipts from both Temple and Bank of America, showing that their lousy $70 was deducted from my debit account... back in September. Not to mention, I've called them at least 3-4 times before and was told my app was all in order and was in line to be reviewed. The lady at admissions is supposed to get back to me regarding this matter.

Temple, which I considered to be one of my top choices, continues to screw things up for me. Now that it's FEBRUARY, I wonder how many interview seats are left... It is honestly beyond depressing for me at this point.

Oh yes, and I'm sure that heartfelt LOI I sent them a few days ago made it right into my file. :(

I did today, and was informed my application has not been reviewed yet because they have never received my secondary app fee.

I have receipts from both Temple and Bank of America, showing that their lousy $70 was deducted from my debit account... back in September. Not to mention, I've called them at least 3-4 times before and was told my app was all in order and was in line to be reviewed. The lady at admissions is supposed to get back to me regarding this matter.

Temple, which I considered to be one of my top choices, continues to screw things up for me. Now that it's FEBRUARY, I wonder how many interview seats are left... It is honestly beyond depressing for me at this point.

Oh yes, and I'm sure that heartfelt LOI I sent them a few days ago made it right into my file. :(

Did you page say "Under Review" the entire time?

No, it never did. But that was supposedly ok, according to the woman I spoke with the previous 3 times. She told me everything was there, and I was in line to be reviewed.

I was still kind of uneasy with it though, and that's why I decided to call back again this morning. :(

I also wanted to ask if they'd received my LOI. :(

do they notify acceptances mondays and rejections/waitlists later on the week? i called earlier and according to the person who answers the phone the ad com met this friday. but she did not know when they would be letting people know those decisions...

hopefully they notify acceptances on other days besides mondays.

I got the CBC email on a Friday, then checked my status. I don't know when my status page changed, but my guess was the same Friday that I got the CBC email. Hope that helps! :luck::luck:

thanks for the info brsboarder and silverhorse84. hopefully we will be getting news soon!!

I had my issue resolved by Temple this morning. They were very gracious and apologetic and most importantly, they said they would definitely be conducting interviews THROUGH April. And not to worry, because many people who were complete in the fall are only being reviewed now. So good news for many worried SDNer's!!!

:):)

i was complete back in september, just got invited to interview today. signed up for 2/18th

congrats! good luck!

status changed to "correspondence mailed"...:(

Is this a rejection or waitlist?

I got the same thing. I think it means rejected, since lady at the adm office told me interview invitations are usually sent by email.

Could be either... the letter in the mail will clarify it

Temple calls their acceptances sending snail mail after. Status posted is "Accepted" sorry if that bodes ill tidings for some : (

i'm still under review too. wait have people been rejected pre-interview?

i expect their rejection letter in the mail tomorrow!!!!!!!!;)

assuming that is that 'correspondence sent' is the same as rejection.

There's still hope. I just got invited for an interview, and it appeared like there were a bunch of spots left in March.

There's still hope. I just got invited for an interview, and it appeared like there were a bunch of spots left in March.

Congrats on the interview invite wingiv ... out of curiosity, when were you complete at Temple?

got an interview invite today! there's still hope guys. i was complete the last week of August. i haven't checked the interview dates yet, so i don't know how many spots are left.

got an interview invite today! there's still hope guys. i was complete the last week of August. i haven't checked the interview dates yet, so i don't know how many spots are left.

What are your stats? Did they email you?

Continuing Candidates letter.

Kinda bummed but kinda lucky to still be in the game I guess. Anyone have a clue as to how much this waitlist moves post May 15?

3.9 (ok but not great school), 34 mcat (with 9 verbal), no interview at temple

Temple is THE worst school in dealing with correspondances. Twice I've sent them in the area emails...no response, once sent an update...no response, I emailed to withdraw my application...no response. Unbelievable...

I got an invite today after being complete around august i think, so there's still hope for ppl waiting. I will most likely withdraw my app thou, good luk to the rest waiting for an invite.

So, second look day is coming up soon and I was wondering if anyone knew what the proper attire would be.

I'm thinking slacks and a dress shirt, maybe a sports jacket, but no tie, since we are going to Dave and Busters after.

I also received an invite to interview today but I just replied and withdrew my application--hopefully it goes to one of you who are eagerly waiting.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.