2008-2009 Temple Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone complete in late Sept and beyond get an interview yet??? I'm still holding out for one. I called today to see what was up and they just seemed kind of annoyed:(

I was complete the 1st week of Sept and haven't heard anything yet. I also called, and they sounded annoyed. She said that if nothing changed on the status page that I hadn't been reviewed yet.

Members don't see this ad.

Still under review, interviewed early Oct. I don't expect to hear any news anywhere this week due to the Thanksgiving holiday.

Temple seems to make decisions on Friday afternoons. I initially figured it was weekly, but their last round of acceptances was 11/14, and nothing posted here about 11/21. Maybe something on wednesday, but I doubt it. I don't expect anyone else to get in to Temple until 12/5 or 12/12.

Members don't see this ad :)
Still under review, interviewed early Oct. I don't expect to hear any news anywhere this week due to the Thanksgiving holiday.

Temple seems to make decisions on Friday afternoons. I initially figured it was weekly, but their last round of acceptances was 11/14, and nothing posted here about 11/21. Maybe something on wednesday, but I doubt it. I don't expect anyone else to get in to Temple until 12/5 or 12/12.

I interviewed on 11/18 and they said they were behind reviewing post-interview apps. They also said that they only meet on Fridays, and have been staying later to try and get caught up. They met last Friday, but due to the holiday, won't meet again until December. I believe she also said that they missed a Friday or two due to scheduling conflicts with committee members. She also mentioned that our group may hear sometime in December, but I find it highly unlikely, and am expecting a January decision.

ya i interviewed early October and was told that I'd hear by the end of the month. So its quite frustrating, but it sounds like most people are in the same boat.

despite our figuring that there wouldn't be any decisions until Dec. now, I actually had my status changed to accepted this morning! Good luck everybody, but I guess hey are finally processing at least some apps! I interviewed on 10/17 so i guess they are about 6ish weeks post interview for decisions right now.

And yet I interviewed before drcarter77 and I'm STILL "under review"

Hmm.

Has anyone's status changed today? I'm getting a bit hypertensive...

Is anyone just still waiting for an interview from this school???? I was complete late Sept and have heard absolutely nothing since then:(

[Status: "Under review"]:thumbdown:

Is anyone just still waiting for an interview from this school???? I was complete late Sept and have heard absolutely nothing since then:(

[Status: "Under review"]:thumbdown:

I submitted my app in mid-August, was placed on pre-interview hold cause they were waiting for a letter from my undergrad school and placed back under review mid-Nov, so still waiting for an interview.

Well, another Friday, another unchanged status page.:shrug:

There's always next week.

Well, another Friday, another unchanged status page.:shrug:

There's always next week.

So it only changes on Friday? Complete since early Sept. I called them, but they refuse to give any info...

Yes, they meet every Friday, and that's when they make their decisions. I received an e-mail confirming this a few days ago from Temple. They were saying "We're sorry to be making you wait all this time. We'll be meeting three more times before the end of the year [today was one of the three] and we hope to give you a decision by the end of the year."

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, they meet every Friday, and that's when they make their decisions. I received an e-mail confirming this a few days ago from Temple. They were saying "We're sorry to be making you wait all this time. We'll be meeting three more times before the end of the year [today was one of the three] and we hope to give you a decision by the end of the year."

Ohhh i see... I never got any email from them...I hope it doesnt mean anything...

I interviewed the second week of October and got an acceptance letter last Friday. I don't know about the change of status on the website because I had not checked the site in over a week. When I went on after, it had changed to accepted and not correspondence mailed.

I interviewed the second week of October and got an acceptance letter last Friday. I don't know about the change of status on the website because I had not checked the site in over a week. When I went on after, it had changed to accepted and not correspondence mailed.
Congrats Nico! Is this your first acceptance?

Early Oct. Two Fridays left to seal my fate.

Nice and melodramatic, huh?

Nice. It's kinda funny in the fact that at my interview (11/18), the assistant director of admissions told us that we could hear about a decision in December, even after just having told us that they were behind with reviews. I thought it was rather humorous and automatically set my mind to expect a decision in January.

I interviewed Oct 23rd, and my decision was posted today.

Correspondence mailed...

Last edited:
Oh dear God...me too...

Not a very Merry Christmas coming up.

it seems like everybody on this thread has already interviewed...

anybody else still waiting for one from temple??

it seems like everybody on this thread has already interviewed...

anybody else still waiting for one from temple??

i am, there seems to be little hope for me, i was complete in july :( when were you complete?

I am. Complete pretty early. Interviewed last year with an invite in this time frame.

well ive been complete since sept 26th, and "under review" for like a month and a half now

I think I interviewed the 17th or 18th, and my decision was posted today.

Correspondence mailed...

Of November? If so, then we were probably at the same interview day. My status, however, is still "interview complete."

I got an interview invite today! If it had been one month ago, I would've jumped on it, but now I need to consider my options.

congrats, it feels good regardless of whether you take it. just wondering, when were you complete?

By the way, according to the interview scheduling stuff, there are 5 slots available next week, which sucks because that's my finals week! I didn't see any other dates from Jan - Apr. What the deuce?

i'm been complete since july too, does this give me hope ... hmm, out stats are a little different, probably not haha. they are probably waiting to open up slots after the holidays after they send some invites out. just wait it out until next week and see if they put them up then. did you get an email invite or did you check your status?

i'm been complete since july too, does this give me hope ... hmm, out stats are a little different, probably not haha. they are probably waiting to open up slots after the holidays after they send some invites out. just wait it out until next week and see if they put them up then. did you get an email invite or did you check your status?

Just keep checking that status, blue. They don't send out emails.

Still under review since late August... any chance of an interview at this point?

Just keep checking that status, blue. They don't send out emails.

oh damn, are you serious, i stopped checking all my status pages because
a. i'm lazy
b. all invites seem to come later by email anyways

thanks for the heads up.

Still under review since late August... any chance of an interview at this point?

i hope so because i have been complete since july :laugh:

I was wondering if anyone can address this from one of my previous posts...

"By the way, according to the interview scheduling stuff, there are 5 slots available next week, which sucks because that's my finals week! I didn't see any other dates from Jan - Apr. What the deuce?"

Chem, when I received my interview I noticed that the open dates jumped around on a day to day basis. As they got closer to the date, more opened up... none were open months in advance. With Christmas vacation, they probably just haven't opened up those dates afterwards yet. I'm sure you can call and double check.

Holy crap! So glad I checked this post. Just found out I have an interview here. Don't know how long ago the invite was offered! What the heck, schools should really email you for updates on your application, LOL! YAY!!!!!!!!!:luck:

Rejected, post interview.

+pissed+

I guess I don't need to check this thread anymore. Adam Smasher, signing out.

Just to follow up on my original question, Temple does eventually open up more slots for interviews. Right now, I'm showing slots up until mid-January. Now, I need to decide if it's worth the money...

Anyone complete in late Sept and beyond get an interview yet??? I'm still holding out for one. I called today to see what was up and they just seemed kind of annoyed:(

I'm in the same boat. Complete 9/17 and no interview :diebanana:

Holy crap! So glad I checked this post. Just found out I have an interview here. Don't know how long ago the invite was offered! What the heck, schools should really email you for updates on your application, LOL! YAY!!!!!!!!!:luck:

Just to clarify because I was confused as well, it appears your status page changes to "Interview Invitation" and then a couple of days later, you get the email. I just got the email today.

I haven't heard a peep from Temple and I've been complete since September. Is this as good as a rejection?

I haven't heard a peep from Temple and I've been complete since September. Is this as good as a rejection?

Complete early August here and still "under review" (for 3-4 months now). Kinda sad that they leave it like that for so long.

Anyone have a status change recently?

I withdrew my application officially today so there's one more spot! Good luck everyone!

Did you send them an email or a snail mail letter? Did they give you any confirmation that they received your withdrawal?

I got a waitlist posmarked 12/12

Status
Not open for further replies.