2008-2009 Tufts Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yuiness

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
As far as I can tell, no one has made a thread for Tufts yet. Since I just got their secondary today, I guess I'll get the ball rolling?

Please answer the following questions with information that is appropriate to your own situation. If the answer is “no”, that is perfectly acceptable. Most applicants apply to many schools to optimize the likelihood of admissions. We understand this. If however, there is something you would like us to know, please share the details with us.

1. Do you wish to include any comments (in addition to those already provided in your AMCAS application) to the Admissions Committee at Tufts University School of Medicine?
1000 characters if you say "yes"

2. Do you consider yourself a person who would contribute to the diversity of the student body of Tufts University School of Medicine?
1000 characters if you say "yes"

As far as I can tell, these are the only essays...

Members don't see this ad.

Thats surprisingly short. I presume they mean 1000 char w/ spaces yea?

I'm assuming so... It's kind of funny that they ask you if you would contribute to their diversity. It seems a little wrong to put down "no" for that... Nope, no diversity here.... xD

Members don't see this ad :)
Done. Do I win something?

Yea, it wont let you save if you are over the 1000 character limit and it includes spaces.

This secondary is shorter than last year's....last year, there were 3 questions, including something like "Do you have a specific reason why you want to go to Tufts or any affiliation with Tufts?"

Even easier secondary this year.

This secondary is shorter than last year's....last year, there were 3 questions, including something like "Do you have a specific reason why you want to go to Tufts or any affiliation with Tufts?"

I'm either going to answer that, or write some information about myself outside of the academic realm for the first question.

I gave my redundant blurb about wanting to attend tufts/what they offer that I am interested in for the first question.

I'm assuming you're at Tufts now, any veteran advice on applying to this school?

2. Do you consider yourself a person who would contribute to the diversity of the student body of Tufts University School of Medicine?

Is anyone ballsy enough to actually put "no" for this question?

This sux I never got my secondary app from tufts and I definetly had all my stuff turned in asap, Do you knwo if tufts screens because that could be a reason.

I know that Tufts has some type of rolling admissions so its going to be important to get in in asap compared to other schools

Tufts doesn't screen - I had the same problem. I went to their secondary application site, clicked "forgot password" and Viola! I got my password. For some reason, I never received emails from them. I even found out I had an interview without the email! I contacted them, and in the end had to create a new email account that would actually receive their emails. You could have the same problem...I suggest trying to see if you have an account by clicking the "forgot password" link, and then contact the school if you are still having issues.

I'm assuming you're at Tufts now, any veteran advice on applying to this school?

I actually graduated Tufts undergrad this year and got into Tufts Med but will be attending BU Med next fall. In terms of advice, I think it's a good idea to answer both of these secondary questions, but be short and succinct. As long as you have pretty good MCAT and grades, you have a good chance of getting an interview, especially if you're from New England, or CA area.

Members don't see this ad :)
I called Tufts today about not receiving their secondary, and the nicest lady EVER explained that there was a small glitch in the system. It will be fixed soon and we will all get our secondary....she was almost nicer that Vanderbilt admissions..:)

I called Tufts today about not receiving their secondary, and the nicest lady EVER explained that there was a small glitch in the system. It will be fixed soon and we will all get our secondary....she was almost nicer that Vanderbilt admissions..:)

Hmm, good to know, I haven't gotten one either.

I actually graduated Tufts undergrad this year and got into Tufts Med but will be attending BU Med next fall. In terms of advice, I think it's a good idea to answer both of these secondary questions, but be short and succinct. As long as you have pretty good MCAT and grades, you have a good chance of getting an interview, especially if you're from New England, or CA area.

Why would being from CA be helpful?

I still haven't received an invite to fill out their secondary yet...do they screen? anyone else haven't heard anything back from tufts?

I still haven't received an invite to fill out their secondary yet...do they screen? anyone else haven't heard anything back from tufts?

Read the previous posts.

Has anyone else gotten this secondary since the first wave of people on 7-15-2008?

Has anyone else gotten this secondary since the first wave of people on 7-15-2008?

I haven't, was verified 6/23 by AMCAS. A little aggravated, as Tufts is in my top 5.

Anybody have their letters marked as received and their application marked as complete?

I have not received the application yet...:confused:

I also have the big red curvy X beside my letters. Packet was sent via snail mail from my premed office 7/14.

I just got off the phone with the admissions people and they said that they are sending the secondaries off in bunches. She also stated that everyone should have them by next Friday.

Not sure if I believe the bunches part though because it seems like there has been a single bunch, and then nothing. Anyone is free to tell me I am wrong though (I hope I am).

I just got off the phone with the admissions people and they said that they are sending the secondaries off in bunches. She also stated that everyone should have them by next Friday.

Not sure if I believe the bunches part though because it seems like there has been a single bunch, and then nothing. Anyone is free to tell me I am wrong though (I hope I am).

Also waiting. Breathe easy. It's probably where most of us are at, and won't make a difference.

Also waiting. Breathe easy. It's probably where most of us are at, and won't make a difference.

bump. still no word from Tufts. Anyone receive the secondary today? I've received / completed almost every school at this point...wishing it'd magically appear so this process can finally end!

bump. still no word from Tufts. Anyone receive the secondary today? I've received / completed almost every school at this point...wishing it'd magically appear so this process can finally end!

End? It's just beginning, and this is even not the worst part of it. The worst part is after your interview, when you have to wait for the decision. It's a long ride.

End? It's just beginning, and this is even not the worst part of it. The worst part is after your interview, when you have to wait for the decision. It's a long ride.

"Process" = "secondaries." Quite aware that the application process as a whole will last until next year, thanks.

Same here. And I WENT to tufts, so you'd think their own committee's letters would get there quickly.

You would be wrong.

This waiting for letters thing is ridiculous. I was complete at Tufts on July 17th and all other schools have had my letter packet (VE) since July 14th. My advisor said that Tufts electronically uploads them in bunches. So frustrating!

-BP

anyone still not get the tufts secondary? I think that puts us at a disadvantage, its not like they count from when you received to when you submit.

anyone still not get the tufts secondary? I think that puts us at a disadvantage, its not like they count from when you received to when you submit.

Ditto to the haven't received yet. Post above says that all should be out by tomorrow...a bit aggravated myself.

Do you think very many people have received it already? I'm wondering if since that first batch went out last week, if it's been even sent out again or not...?

Still nothing.

Just got the secondary. 11:59 this morning. I was verified 7/18.

Still nothing.

I spoke with the admissions office, who stated that an email with passcode/instructions were emailed to me 3 days ago. This did not happen and/or for some reason I never received the email. The (very friendly) representative instructed me to email admissions explaining the situation and that it would be rectified...crossing fingers it happens sooooon....she also stated that I won't be late at all in submitting despite not receiving last week with everyone else.

Hope this helps!! :)

I spoke with the admissions office, who stated that an email with passcode/instructions were emailed to me 3 days ago. This did not happen and/or for some reason I never received the email. The (very friendly) representative instructed me to email admissions explaining the situation and that it would be rectified...crossing fingers it happens sooooon....she also stated that I won't be late at all in submitting despite not receiving last week with everyone else.

Hope this helps!! :)

Most admissions people say you won't be late if you submit late august.

So I called Tufts and explained that my AMCAS was verified on Jun 14th, and that I had not received my secondary. The lady said "we have not received your AMCAS". Then I went to the secondary website, clicked on forgot password, and I was in the system...no idea what is going on. I went ahead and filled it out. She said to call in one week to see if it had been received...I hope i don't get in trouble...:(....and have no clue as to why they don't have my AMCAS, considering I was verified in day 1.

Has anyone actually been marked as complete yet?? I had my LORs sent from Interfolio on the 15th, and my status page says that the letters haven't been received. Should I resend?

Has anyone actually been marked as complete yet?? I had my LORs sent from Interfolio on the 15th, and my status page says that the letters haven't been received. Should I resend?
Mine haven't either. Remember they only took letters by snail mail from Interfolio, so I'm not concerned.

Mine haven't either. Remember they only took letters by snail mail from Interfolio, so I'm not concerned.

My letters (sent by VE) were recieved yesterday, 7-25-08, and my app is marked as complete

sigh and i havent even gotten the invite yet, altho i have northwestern and NYU to keep me busy, both of which are beasts, northwestern more so... :(

Is anybody else having problems keeping the diversity essay within 1000 characters? How is everybody addressing this?

Is anybody else having problems keeping the diversity essay within 1000 characters? How is everybody addressing this?

also having trouble with the 1000 charracter limit. also frustrated by the fact that the word count on the application is different than the word count that microsoft word tells me. sometimes i honestly feel like this whole process is just one issue after another :eek:

also having trouble with the 1000 charracter limit. also frustrated by the fact that the word count on the application is different than the word count that microsoft word tells me. sometimes i honestly feel like this whole process is just one issue after another :eek:

hey, just to clarify this is 1000 characters WITH spaces correct? i just received their secondary online app but have yet to be verified.....is it ok to submit the secondary without being verified thru amcas?

hey, just to clarify this is 1000 characters WITH spaces correct? i just received their secondary online app but have yet to be verified.....is it ok to submit the secondary without being verified thru amcas?

Yes w/ spaces (it is always w/ spaces fyi for every secondary) and if they gave you their secon dary then I cant iamging they wouldnt want you to submit it.

does anyone have the link to their secondary application? i have been verified but have yet to receive the app. thanks!

Is anyone else experiencing difficulties with the payment?

Status
Not open for further replies.