2008-2009 Tufts Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never got the secondary invite, but did as others tried and clicked on the Forgot Password link. I hope I was meant to get a secondary, and that I didn't just fill this out when they never intended to send me one!

oh well.

Members don't see this ad.

hey guys, so i think you can exceed the 1000 character limit.. at least it let me do that...

oh.. nvm. it does not. :( jesus what word says is 1600 characters, tufts says is 2400.

WTF?!?! I pasted in my shorter essay which word says is 1200 characters, tufts says is 3461 characters!!! UGH!

hey guys, so i think you can exceed the 1000 character limit.. at least it let me do that...

oh.. nvm. it does not. :( jesus what word says is 1600 characters, tufts says is 2400.

WTF?!?! I pasted in my shorter essay which word says is 1200 characters, tufts says is 3461 characters!!! UGH!

Solution to this super gay problem: Use IE, exit/reenter application, or hit no, then yes again. It will clear the character counts and for some unknown reason Firefox makes the application go batty.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received a "You are complete e-mail"? I called and the lady said my application was complete...I never received an invitation to fill their secondary. I sort of logged in on my own.

Has anyone received a "You are complete e-mail"? I called and the lady said my application was complete...I never received an invitation to fill their secondary. I sort of logged in on my own.

No complete e-mail for me... However, when I log in to the online status it does say "Application complete"

Out of the people who haven't received a secondary yet (I was verified by AMCAS over a month ago so I'm long overdue), has anybody had trouble with the "forgot password" backup plan?

The system can't locate my name or AMCAS# at all, even when I click on "forgot password"....and I've received secondaries from virtually all the other schools I've applied to so I don't think there's an issue with my primary. :confused:

Out of the people who haven't received a secondary yet (I was verified by AMCAS over a month ago so I'm long overdue), has anybody had trouble with the "forgot password" backup plan?

The system can't locate my name or AMCAS# at all, even when I click on "forgot password"....and I've received secondaries from virtually all the other schools I've applied to so I don't think there's an issue with my primary. :confused:

I have the same exact problem as you have. I was told a week and a half ago by a lady in the office of admissions that I should get it by the end of this week. I called this morning and they said that they never received my application from AMCAS. I was verified the first day, so this annoyed me.

I then called AMCAS who told me that there is no problem on their on. Finally I e-mailed the Director of Admissions and this is what he told me "We have been having technical trouble with the AMCAS transmissions. There is nothing we can do until your AMCAS application has been downloaded into our database. Our IT people are working on this and we hope to have it fixed soon." So apparently we just have to wait it out as people who were verified well after us get to complete their application before we get ours.

Sounds like it...I was verified in June and Tufts is the only school I haven't yet heard from.

I went to Tufts as an undergrad, and my premed adviser assured me that "most med schools, like Tufts, for example" don't even start looking at anything at all until mid-August. The undergrad doesn't even usually send out LOR's until august cause they expect everyone to follow Tufts Med's schedule. People are still getting off the waitlist for this year, so they're still focusing on finalizing the class of 2012.

Basically, no worries if you haven't been able to submit yet! You'll still be among the very first people they look at when they actually start going through apps in a few weeks.

Dear Applicant,

We have not yet received an AMCAS application for you.

We have been experiencing some delays in receiving AMCAS applications
due to technical transmission issues.

If AMCAS has indicated to you that they have sent us your application,
then it has probably been delayed due to these technical difficulties
and should arrive here very soon.

When we receive your AMCAS application, we will email you a request to
submit a secondary application to Tufts.

Thank you.
TUSM Admissions

Dear Applicant,

We have not yet received an AMCAS application for you.

We have been experiencing some delays in receiving AMCAS applications
due to technical transmission issues.

If AMCAS has indicated to you that they have sent us your application,
then it has probably been delayed due to these technical difficulties
and should arrive here very soon.

When we receive your AMCAS application, we will email you a request to
submit a secondary application to Tufts.

Thank you.
TUSM Admissions

Who did you e-mail? The general admissions one?

finally! got my diversity essay under 1000 characters - 999 characters to be exact. i used a few maybe questionable expressions and whatnot but screw them.. stupid limit.

Members don't see this ad :)
Completion e-mails, anyone? :sleep:

Just called Tufts to find out why I haven't received any info about secondary. She said they should have sent me an email, and when I told her I never got one she said it was my job to email them to request secondary information... and that asking her over the phone wasn't good enough.

Tufts Admissions gets :thumbdown:thumbdown from me. They need to resolve their "technical issues" and try being more helpful to those that have been delayed by their mistakes.

Sorry for the rant.

You're entitled to your rant and I hope others on here will feel comfortable sharing their true feelings about these things.

Just called Tufts to find out why I haven't received any info about secondary. She said they should have sent me an email, and when I told her I never got one she said it was my job to email them to request secondary information... and that asking her over the phone wasn't good enough.

Tufts Admissions gets :thumbdown:thumbdown from me. They need to resolve their "technical issues" and try being more helpful to those that have been delayed by their mistakes.

Sorry for the rant.

Did you get an e-mail from them saying you could do your secondary?

Nope. Went online and filled it out myself...called a week later, and they said I was complete...I obviously did not believe the woman, considering that the day before she told me that my AMCAS had not been received. I was verified on the first day...never got a Tufts secondary...

They really have done an awful job with this; perhaps worst than the Albert Einstein's mess.

did anyone have trouble with the character count screen....it wasn't letting me put my 1000 character response in... said it was too many characters....which it was not.

Nope. Went online and filled it out myself...called a week later, and they said I was complete...I obviously did not believe the woman, considering that the day before she told me that my AMCAS had not been received. I was verified on the first day...never got a Tufts secondary...

They really have done an awful job with this; perhaps worst than the Albert Einstein's mess.

Since you brought it up, what happened with Einstein?

I finally got mine this morning. I hope the rest of you get this one soon as well, gluck.

Dear sss403,

We have been recently informed that a group of applicant who should have been sent their invitation to our Secondary Application site in late July, never received it. The original email is attached below. Please be assured that this slight delay in your ability to complete our secondary application will in no way negatively effect your application to Tufts. Also, we understand that some of the affected applicants were able to access the site using the "Forgot your password?" function. This is fine and will not create any problems in successfully completing a secondary application. We have contacted our Internet Service Provider to ensure that this problem doesn't occur again. Thank you for your understanding.

Tufts University School of Medicine - Office of Admissions

did anyone have trouble with the character count screen....it wasn't letting me put my 1000 character response in... said it was too many characters....which it was not.

i am having the same issue. :mad:

i am having the same issue. :mad:

It was doing that with mine as well. I erased and then put back some spaces, saved it again, and it went back down to the correct character count afterwards. I think if you just play with it a bit and save again, it should work.

sigh, i've been verified for way too long to not have their secondary.

my friend who applied 3 weeks after me got the "sorry, you shouldve gotten our app already, but we messed up " email... and I still havent heard anything.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

sigh, i've been verified for way too long to not have their secondary.

my friend who applied 3 weeks after me got the "sorry, you shouldve gotten our app already, but we messed up " email... and I still havent heard anything.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Have you tried going to their secondary site and using the "Forgot your password?" link at the bottom of the login page? That should get you access to the secondary and allow to complete it and check it off your list.

Have you tried going to their secondary site and using the "Forgot your password?" link at the bottom of the login page? That should get you access to the secondary and allow to complete it and check it off your list.

yeah, it says i dont exist :(

Oh, that's too bad. Maybe you should try emailing them?

Are you sure you applied there? ;)

haha yeah, i did question myself last night, and i went and checked my amcas, but tufts is on there =P

i emailed them, and all they coudl say was that they have no record of me. Not sure what to do now.

haha yeah, i did question myself last night, and i went and checked my amcas, but tufts is on there =P

i emailed them, and all they coudl say was that they have no record of me. Not sure what to do now.

World's first pre-primary rejection? KIDDING!

There's got to be something they can do - are they at least marginally receptive to the concept that there's a problem?

World's first pre-primary rejection? KIDDING!

There's got to be something they can do - are they at least marginally receptive to the concept that there's a problem?

I finished the SMP program here this past year, and over half my classmates are still waiting for their secondary application. So this is a pretty large scale problem for applicants.

The director of admission acknowledged to me that he knew there was a issue, but gave no time line for when it will be fixed. I was like most of you and "not in their system" for a long period of time, even though I was complete the first day. Hopefully the fact that I received the secondary means that they are at least starting to fix the computer glitch they are claiming to have.

Got this email yesterday:

"We have been recently informed that a group of applicant who should have been sent their invitation to our Secondary Application site in late July, never received it. The original email is attached below. Please be assured that this slight delay in your ability to complete our secondary application will in no way negatively effect your application to Tufts. Also, we understand that some of the affected applicants were able to access the site using the "Forgot your password?" function. This is fine and will not create any problems in successfully completing a secondary application. We have contacted our Internet Service Provider to ensure that this problem doesn't occur again. Thank you for your understanding.

Tufts University School of Medicine - Office of Admissions"

If you haven't gotten this email, too... I'd call.

S.

Yeahhhh, forgot password says I don't exist either, grrrr

Anyone get their LOR into Tufts? I completed the app and send it the LORs weeks ago, but I'm still incomplete.

...AMCAS verified on 7/9...
no supplemental application yet. After calls and e-mails I have found out that there is nothing I can do, as they have "not received my AMCAS yet" or have simply not entered it. I have no idea what I should do with this...THis is one of my top choice schools, so I would really like to get this done.

...AMCAS verified on 7/9...
no supplemental application yet. After calls and e-mails I have found out that there is nothing I can do, as they have "not received my AMCAS yet" or have simply not entered it. I have no idea what I should do with this...THis is one of my top choice schools, so I would really like to get this done.

several of us in this boat... I was verified on 7/15, and I don't exist. bummer. I hope this technical glitch is fixed ASAP.

Verified 6/30 and still nothing.

I called Tufts yesterday, who told me to call AMCAS. Of course, once I did, AMCAS just told me to call Tufts. It's like some kind of sick game! Both sides are saying it's the other's fault and nobody seems to be stepping up to the plate as far as trying to fix this goes.

As of this week I've received and completed every other secondary...:scared:

im really sorry guys. maybe the beginning of the week will bring some good news.. but keep trying that password thing starting monday...

Anyone applying to the Tufts/MMC Maine Track?

Verified 6/30 and still nothing.

I called Tufts yesterday, who told me to call AMCAS. Of course, once I did, AMCAS just told me to call Tufts. It's like some kind of sick game! Both sides are saying it's the other's fault and nobody seems to be stepping up to the plate as far as trying to fix this goes.

As of this week I've received and completed every other secondary...:scared:

maybe amcas can try resending it to tufts? I might try to give amcas a call soon. or maybe i jsut wont apply to tufts, theyre pissing me off

I just received the secondary today and have been verified with AMCAS for quite a while. The email acknowledges that there have been some technical difficulties but that "problem has been resolved and all applicants should now be in our database." Considering this, if you don't receive the secondary this week maybe you should contact admissions again.

yay, I finally received the secondary this morning. Thankfully the glitch is fixed, knock on wood.

Same here...finally got the secondary 42 days after being verified! :D

Checked their website, complete status today 8/11/08. Sent in July 29, LORs left letter service 8/1/08. So they're pretty fast despite the bugs.

For this secondary question, does anyone think it's ok to just rattle off a bunch of things that make you diverse, instead of specifically answering "why you would contribute to diversity of the student body?"

Status
Not open for further replies.