2008-2009 Tufts Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'm not even verified with AMCAS yet but received mine this morning. I think they're just sending 'em out in huge chunks, so don't fret. However, if you still haven't gotten it by, say, tomorrow and you're verified, I'd try to figure it out as best you can.

With the diversity thing, my thought is just to expand upon anything about me that I think would broaden the spectrum of Tufts' students, which really would be congruent with any med schools' students. Hope it makes sense, especially to them, ha ha.

Members don't see this ad.

anyone submit more than 3 LORs? I'm assuming they're ok with it since the requirements are "a minimum" of 3 individual letters.

Last edited:
whoo! turns out i was complete 8/8.... and i submitted 7 LOR's but they are in a committee packet

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been certified on my secondary since July 26th. Is it being too pushy if I call or e-mail them asking why I'm not "COMPLETE" yet on the website? How long did you guys have to wait until going from certified to complete?

I've been certified on my secondary since July 26th. Is it being too pushy if I call or e-mail them asking why I'm not "COMPLETE" yet on the website? How long did you guys have to wait until going from certified to complete?

certified 7/23ish, complete 8/11

Ok, guess I'll give it just one more week then make the call...ugh!

Sweet, I'm complete! I turned everything in on 8/11, myletters were sent 7/29 via VE and were received 8/15, and I'm complete on 8/16!

is everyone getting emails telling them that they are complete? I checked the website today and it said "application compete" but I haven't gotten an email. I am worried because I didn't get an email to fill out the secondary either, but had to bug them into sending one to me.

What do you think?

It took them about a week to send me the email after everything on my page was complete.

is everyone getting emails telling them that they are complete? I checked the website today and it said "application compete" but I haven't gotten an email. I am worried because I didn't get an email to fill out the secondary either, but had to bug them into sending one to me.

What do you think?

Me too..
I'm technically "complete" on their status page...but no friendly email about being complete.
I also received the email invite pretty late...the one that starts with their apologies...:confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
i did get a complete email, but it took a few days. i did receive it after receiving that "sorry if we missed you the first time around, here is the secondary" email

As indicated on their app, they only received electronic submission from VE.

My school does it thru Interfolio. Should I just mark it as Hard Copy then?

As indicated on their app, they only received electronic submission from VE.

My school does it thru Interfolio. Should I just mark it as Hard Copy then?

Yes. If you go to the delivery section of Interfolio it indicates that it only mails hard copies to Tufts.

Question : When it asks what will you contribute to the diversity of student body...is it same as like how are u diverse n how will that affect your medicine career or is it talking about campus diversity?

E.g. I started non profit foundation and have not commonly found research experience etc..that makes me diverse...would that fit or?

And in any additional information...what are the types of things you write?

Got an interview invite via email today! The web site says I can schedule for any date during their interview season.

got an invite too!! interiew on 9/16. i was looking at hotel prices for 9/15. so expensive!!! $300!!!

Did you guys actually do the survey?

got an invite too!! interiew on 9/16. i was looking at hotel prices for 9/15. so expensive!!! $300!!!

i got the email today too! =D

interview for 9/16! Anyone have any info on how many they interview vs. how many they accept?

6854 applied, 844 interviewed, 493 were accepted, 173 enrolled

Tufts University
Total:
6854 applied, 844 interviewed, 493 were accepted, 173 enrolled
IS: 630 applied, 164 interviewed, 111 were accepted, 51 enrolled
OOS: 6224 applied, 680 interviewed, 382 were accepted, 122 enrolled

Pretty good chances post-interview.

Hotels are expensive in the Boston area. But we have good, reliable public transportation if you wanted to get a cheaper hotel in the surrounding areas. http://www.tuftsmedicalcenter.org/AboutUs/Directions There is a by public transportation section. They don't list the commuter rail/South Station here (purple line) but it's also right by Chinatown. The trains are much easier to understand than NYC for sure!

haha i love NYC subways. they make so much sense :) maybe it has something to do with spending a big part of my life riding them. lol.
what are you guys doing for housing? do you think you will just stay with a student host?

haha i love NYC subways. they make so much sense :) maybe it has something to do with spending a big part of my life riding them. lol.
what are you guys doing for housing? do you think you will just stay with a student host?

Well if the MTA makes sense to you then the MBTA will be a breeeeze.

Just added Tufts to my list, hopefully will get secondary soon.

Does anyone know anything about the Maine track? I might do that

congratulations for the interview invites! are you guys early decision?

no not early decision.

Hi,

Can anyone who can still see the app (not finished with it yet) send me the link to the photo editor they suggested. I used it and it worked great and i need to edit a photo for another school and all the editors online i keep finding dont provide me with all the info i need like that one did.

Thank you!!

Interview for 10/7!!!! Hooray! Hopefully BUSM will interview me at the same time...but their first day is 10/8.

Congrats to anybody who has an interview invite from this or any other school so far!

Remember to post them on the interview invite threads :) It's helpful for other SDN members, not only this year but also in the future!

Thanks!

congratulations for the interview invites! are you guys early decision?

No, they're just over-achieving little @#%. Just kidding, I think it's still reasonable to send in a secondary about now, but don't push it too far into September. I submitted about a week ago, in any case. I hope I get an interview! Expenses sound pretty bad though...

They also have super stats.

That realization brought me back into reality...

*praying for the best*

can someone name some things that they down for diversity?

can someone name some things that they down for diversity?

I talked about my diverse life experience... growing up in the city but spending summers wrangling cattle, mentioned my double major in biology and philosophy... that sort of stuff.

Its more of a difficult essay to write because it forces you to focus on YOU not a volunteer experience or why you want to be a doctor. Just think about what makes you unique and start writing!:D

For those who are complete:

Did you assume file was complete based on status page? Or were you sent a complete-email? I thought I was complete a month ago based on my status page, but I just got an email recently stating that I was officially complete.

So much for being kinda early... :confused:

Did you assume file was complete based on status page? Or were you sent a complete-email? I thought I was complete a month ago based on my status page, but I just got an email recently stating that I was officially complete.

I just got that email today too, yet I was complete on the website ~1.5 weeks ago. Whatever. As long as I'm complete somehow.

Yeah, I got an e-mail today too about being complete yet I was compete via the status back a couple of weeks ago. Maybe they are just mass-mailing people who are complete today.

They might be testing and fixing the whole emailing issue they had earlier, with not sending out secondaries to people.

strangely my online message said my application was complete on 8/11 but I just received an email today saying my application was complete!

Logged into my email....saw "Status Update from Tufts"....heart was beating fast...."you are now complete".

Thanks Tufts but I knew that 3 weeks ago from the status page. Annoying. I'm bitter today.

Must have been a mass one since it seems like tons of people got it today.

Why am I on here? I have a final in 1.5 hours :oops:

Strange.. I was complete online and vie e-mail 8/11. Haven't heard a peep from them since, though.

Strange.. I was complete online and vie e-mail 8/11. Haven't heard a peep from them since, though.

I never got an initial complete email. I also didn't get the secondary invite email the first time. I must be in the batch of weird emails.

Just wondering if there was a general consensus as to whether or not the first essay (the open ended one) is really "optional" or not.

For those who did write something, did you write anything besides "I wanna go to Tufts because..." ?

omg.. my interview is on Tues and i am reading the interview feedback and they seem insane! wtf is up with their questions???

Just wondering if there was a general consensus as to whether or not the first essay (the open ended one) is really "optional" or not.

For those who did write something, did you write anything besides "I wanna go to Tufts because..." ?

I didn't write anything in the first box and got an interview invite.

Status
Not open for further replies.