2008-2009 Tufts Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a call yesterday at noon! Best news I heard in a year! I got accepted into both the Maine Track and regular track. Congratulations everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

I got in yesterday to the regular MD track too!!! Soooo excited! :)
Congratulations to everyone accepted! And best of luck to those still waiting!!!

Congrats on everyone who got the call recently! (My updates to the waitlist movement thread stands at 7 now!) Glad to see there's some movement, but hoping my turn comes soon :)

Members don't see this ad :)
just wanted to bump this to see if there's been any updates - it looks like acceptances come in waves (there was a 5/28 wave and a 6/18 wave), so for those like me still waiting, the next wave may be right after 4th of July!

just wanted to bump this to see if there's been any updates - it looks like acceptances come in waves (there was a 5/28 wave and a 6/18 wave), so for those like me still waiting, the next wave may be right after 4th of July!

You already got accepted somewhere, so at least there isn't a huge burden, right?:)

You already got accepted somewhere, so at least there isn't a huge burden, right?:)

This is true, but I feel bad putting a deposit for an apartment where I've been accepted sometime this weekend when I'm still holding out on Tufts, which is (slightly) cheaper and better location for me. I still hope I'll get in, but at this point I'll lose more than just my tuition deposit!

Tufts is cheaper for you? How does that work? I always thought Tufts is the most expensive med school ever!

This is true, but I feel bad putting a deposit for an apartment where I've been accepted sometime this weekend when I'm still holding out on Tufts, which is (slightly) cheaper and better location for me. I still hope I'll get in, but at this point I'll lose more than just my tuition deposit!

Tufts is cheaper for you? How does that work? I always thought Tufts is the most expensive med school ever!

UIllinois's out-of-state tuition is 62k, nuf said...granted, cost-of-living in central illinois is not much, and counting cost of living it probably ends up a wash, but given that, money is not in my calculations of which school I'd rather go through, and based on everything else it's Tufts

posting in this thread for waitlist luck :luck:

I just found this thread buried under all the other ones. I noticed that there has not been much activity in the last few days. I was wondering if anyone on the waitlist had heard anything? Is the waitlist still moving?

I just found this thread buried under all the other ones. I noticed that there has not been much activity in the last few days. I was wondering if anyone on the waitlist had heard anything? Is the waitlist still moving?

No movement as of June 16 (I almost heard my heart thumping when this was bumped to the top of the list, cuz I thought someone had just gotten accepted). It looks like there have been two 'waves' of movement so far, one around 5/28 and one around 6/16, but nothing since then. I really want to get into Tufts, so I've been barraging them with updates nearly every week, but I didn't want to get annoying, so I've laid low since last week.

just called the Admissions Office, looks like the waitlist has been moving, so since nobody has posted anything here since 6/16ish, it looks like anybody who's gotten off since then is probably not on SDN...it sucks, cuz I wanna know if I still have a chance :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I got off the waitlist on July 8

Just got off the waitlist today!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations to all of those who have gotten off the waitlist :thumbup:.

Sunset823, did the admissions office give you any idea about numbers or the likelihood of being admitted at this point in the waitlist cycle.?

Congratulations to all of those who have gotten off the waitlist :thumbup:.

Sunset823, did the admissions office give you any idea about numbers or the likelihood of being admitted at this point in the waitlist cycle.?

no, they said the waitlist has been moving, but no other info at this point. I'm not much of a phone person, so you may want to try to pry some more.

I talked to the admissions office, and they said that they could not reveal numbers and what the chances are of being accepted at this point. They basically said that they can pull people off the waitlist up until the first day of orientation.

Is it bad that I'm still hung up on Tufts on August 3? Any information/any more acceptances whatsoever?

I talked to admissions last week and they said that the class is currently full. So if nobody else withdraws they will not be turning to the waitlist...what a bummer.

I talked to admissions last week and they said that the class is currently full. So if nobody else withdraws they will not be turning to the waitlist...what a bummer.

oh well...now I can move on with my other acceptance and forget Boston *sigh*

Don't give up yet! Didn't people get in the day before orientation last year? Med schools are notorious for that kind of stuff!

Don't give up yet! Didn't people get in the day before orientation last year? Med schools are notorious for that kind of stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.