2008-2009 UCI SOM Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PANTSInc

Sleek and Sexy.
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody. I just wanted to start a thread for all the UCI SOM hopefuls, or people holding a UCI acceptance with UCI in mind. Thought it'd be nice to get to know Anteater Hopefuls. Mmmm...I guess we're open to discussion! Boop. zot blot!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
UCI had a really tasty lunch (which really stood out for me, because it's something small that shows they care about what starving students care about) and very friendly admin/interviewers. best of luck =]

Members don't see this ad :)
WOO WHOO UCI! I will forever hate their undergraduate campus (sports rival), but fell in love with their med school on interview day. If I get good news in december my decision will be quick and easy.

p.s. how many people that the university of illinois (UIC) thread? every time i see its title i think its the UCI thread but am always dissapointed.

Haha too true, stupid UIC thread always plays with my head. Still waiting on an interview here, I went there for undergrad and would love to spend another 4 years in Irvine. Recently sent a letter of interest pre interview to see if I can get a second look!

Hopeful here. Unfortunately I was denied post-secondary and have to send in an appeal for interview in December (which won't be reviewed until March), but I'm still very hopeful!

Haha too true, stupid UIC thread always plays with my head. Still waiting on an interview here, I went there for undergrad and would love to spend another 4 years in Irvine. Recently sent a letter of interest pre interview to see if I can get a second look!

Haha, yeah the UIC thread always messes with my head too, :laugh:

Good luck! :luck: (We need a *finger's crossed* smiley)

Wait, a UCI thread? I need to come into this thread to ask why they have bothered to reject people post-secondary but have yet to offer me secondary. No rejection, either.

Interview: 9/24; Accepted: 11/8!!! <3<3 Notification by: phone call, then status check. Somehow, this still seems a little surreal. I wonder if the real me is in a coma somewhere, dreaming all this up. I'm gonna be a doctor, a doctor, a doctor! Gluck everybody else!

Interview: 9/24; Accepted: 11/8!!! <3<3 Notification by: phone call, then status check. Somehow, this still seems a little surreal. I wonder if the real me is in a coma somewhere, dreaming all this up. I'm gonna be a doctor, a doctor, a doctor! Gluck everybody else!

NICE!!!! congrats! Lets keep up the trend that if you post in this thread you get an acceptance :D. I still have a few weeks to wait tho...*sigh*. They called on a saturday!?!? Good to know all days are open for good new :)

Are you thinking of attending? Or still interviewing at other places?

Here is a question, which you might not be qualified to answer, but worth a shot...... I have two other acceptances that require $1000 dollar deposits by Dec 14th.......since I interviewed on Oct 27th, going by how long it took you to hear back, I might not hear back in time if I am accepted (maybe they get delayed or what not). If its gettin close to the Dec 14th date, do you think it would be okay to call and let them know my situation/ask if I can find out my status?

I'm very likely attending UCI. Mmmm... I'm waiting on UCLA's decision, and maybe other in-state interview opportunities. If I'm lucky enough, my choices will be whittled down to UCLA vs. UCI -- but that's if I'm lucky enough.

From what I've heard about deposits, they're returned to you if you notify the school by a certain date no? Well, I don't see any harm in calling in and explaining your interest in your school (and you'd be able to get away with not stating your alternative options) and asking if a decision was made for you? Not qualified to answer, but I would call in. Worst comes to worst, you end up paying a deposit that'll be returned to you right?

I'm very likely attending UCI. Mmmm... I'm waiting on UCLA's decision, and maybe other in-state interview opportunities. If I'm lucky enough, my choices will be whittled down to UCLA vs. UCI -- but that's if I'm lucky enough.

From what I've heard about deposits, they're returned to you if you notify the school by a certain date no? Well, I don't see any harm in calling in and explaining your interest in your school (and you'd be able to get away with not stating your alternative options) and asking if a decision was made for you? Not qualified to answer, but I would call in. Worst comes to worst, you end up paying a deposit that'll be returned to you right?

The two deposits are for DO acceptances for which there is NO refund. If I give them 1000 bucks and I decide not to attend...... i never see it again :(.

I was hoping UCI would call this Saturday with good news (it was my birthday), but no such luck....*sigh*. I figured it was still a little early but I still was hopeful. Hopeflly Ill be hearing something within the next few weeks :xf:, my status is still unchanged (ie no waitlist) so im taking that as a good sign.