2008-2009 UMass Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry!!!

I don't even know if it's true, I just happened to notice that's what happened in October and November ... just tell yourself it's a coincidence, and that there will be no decisions made tomorrow. At least that's what I'm trying to do ... :cool:

Haha, eleven, you have singlehandedly sent all UMass applicants into a frenzy waiting for tomorrow! :laugh: If there aren't any decisions handed out, there's going to be a riot!

Members don't see this ad.

If I remember correctly from last year, only a few people heard in January, there were a few more in early February and sporadic ones throughout March.

However, the vast majority heard in mid-April to mid-May. That is when I would expect to hear news.

And I mean vast majority. Unless you have stellar stats (38+, 4.0, etc) then you probably will have to wait. They tend to only make quick offers to those who are getting offers from other schools anyway. That is based on my experience at SDN - non-scientific survey, biased sample size, self-selecting mainly positive postings, p>.05 etc etc.

So try not to tweak out about tomorrow (easier said than done :rolleyes: look who is posting now!) and try to remember, with UMass, no news is good news!

If I remember correctly from last year, only a few people heard in January, there were a few more in early February and sporadic ones throughout March.

However, the vast majority heard in mid-April to mid-May. That is when I would expect to hear news.

And I mean vast majority. Unless you have stellar stats (38+, 4.0, etc) then you probably will have to wait. They tend to only make quick offers to those who are getting offers from other schools anyway. That is based on my experience at SDN - non-scientific survey, biased sample size, self-selecting mainly positive postings, p>.05 etc etc.

So try not to tweak out about tomorrow (easier said than done :rolleyes: look who is posting now!) and try to remember, with UMass, no news is good news!

Just wondering... how can they wait until mid-May to tell people? Most people have decided on a school by then!

But the optimist in me holds out for an awesome birthday present tomorrow :D

Members don't see this ad :)
As someone else mentioned, they have a limited number of slots and by some state law they cannot over accept. So they take their time and usually wait until interview season is over before making the majority of their decisions.

If you look at previous years' threads, you'll see major posting in mid-April with acceptances, followed by rejections, then followed by wait-listing. Everyone is notified by either accept, reject or waitlist by midmay (around May 16 - my bday!)

Hopefully we'll both have good birthday presents!

Still no word from UMass. I've been complete since early september/late august. It's probably a loss at this point.

Still no word from UMass. I've been complete since early september/late august. It's probably a loss at this point.

I'm sorry johnniewalker! Even though I don't yet think it is a complete loss. I know it is so hard. One thing too that is hard is that while obsessing over your applications and whether or not you are going to get in, you have to remember to do stuff to strengthen your app. too. I am struggling a bit with this right now, like how long I should wait for an acceptance before I take the MCAT again for next year. It really sucks. If I remember correctly, you are just a young thing, though, so remember to keep improving your app. while you wait, and then I don't think there is any doubt that you will get in in the near future...Good luck.

I'M IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just checked my status and it changed!!!!! :love:

I'M IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just checked my status and it changed!!!!! :love:

congrats and happy birthday!

any other news for anyone? im sitting on the edge of my seat, but not expecting to hear today as I interviewed in Dec.

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats and happy birthday!

any other news for anyone? im sitting on the edge of my seat, but not expecting to hear today as I interviewed in Dec.

Congratulations and happy birthday! Did you get an email or just a status change?

Thanks for the nice wishes you guys! I haven't gotten an e-mail yet, just the status change.

Good luck everyone!!! I hope you all get the status change soon! :luck::luck:

Hey everyone,

I just spoke with a lady at admissions who gave me some information. They're not done updating statuses online yet, so you guys could still get good news! She said that they'll be sending e-mail and snail mail letters this afternoon to anybody accepted. Good luck!!

Hey everyone,

I just spoke with a lady at admissions who gave me some information. They're not done updating statuses online yet, so you guys could still get good news! She said that they'll be sending e-mail and snail mail letters this afternoon to anybody accepted. Good luck!!

Thanks for letting us know! Lets all cross our fingers!!!:xf:

Firstly, congrats scubslover, that's gotta feel really good.
Second, would anyone mind posting the link for the umass login?
I'm at work and don't have the link here. I need to feed the neuroticism today.

Thanks guys. I guess with all that excitement I forgot the second dash....

No dice today, too bad. By the way, if you don't mind sharing scrubs, what were your stats like?

Sure, I definitely didn't have the 4.0, 38+ as mentioned above. I had a 3.8 and a 33 MCAT. I honestly think that my ECs just matched really well with the school's philosophy about serving the underserved.

Congrats! For those who have been accepted, when were your interview dates?

This is what I get when I try to log-in

"For increased security on this site, connections are expired after a delay of 240 minutes.
If you would like to perform further transactions please"

Lol

This is what I get when I try to log-in

"For increased security on this site, connections are expired after a delay of 240 minutes.
If you would like to perform further transactions please"

Lol

Are you trying to log in on a Mac? That's what I get if I ever use Safari. Maybe try it on Firefox.

I am still at Complete! Did they just not get to my file? Do they update everyone's or only those who are accepted...

Chessodoc, failure is thy name! :(

Accepted! Interviewed 11/18.

I am still at Complete! Did they just not get to my file? Do they update everyone's or only those who are accepted...

Chessodoc, failure is thy name! :(

No no, go to "accept/decline admission." You went to application status.

"
PT_PIXEL_ENG_1.gif
PT_PIXEL_ENG_1.gif
PT_PIXEL_ENG_1.gif
PT_PIXEL_ENG_1.gif
PT_PIXEL_ENG_1.gif
PT_PIXEL_ENG_1.gif
PT_PIXEL_ENG_1.gif
[/b]Accept Admission
PT_PIXEL_ENG_1.gif
Accept or Decline Admission

"

Did I get in? I am so confused...why is there no congratulations....it just says Accept Admission above Accept/Decline Admission...or am I just in disbelief?

That is an acceptance, your in.

"
PT_PIXEL_ENG_1.gif
PT_PIXEL_ENG_1.gif
PT_PIXEL_ENG_1.gif
PT_PIXEL_ENG_1.gif
PT_PIXEL_ENG_1.gif
PT_PIXEL_ENG_1.gif
PT_PIXEL_ENG_1.gif
[/b]Accept Admission
PT_PIXEL_ENG_1.gif
Accept or Decline Admission

"

Did I get in? I am so confused...why is there no congratulations....it just says Accept Admission above Accept/Decline Admission...or am I just in disbelief?

i'm pretty sure that means you got in!!!! congrats!!!!:)

the email will say congratulations, dont worry.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWA

:soexcited::soexcited::love::luck::ninja::roflcopter::prof::zip::biglove::corny::welcome:

Congrats to all those who got in!! Good Luck to those still waiting...I go drink now :laugh:

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWA

:soexcited::soexcited::love::luck::ninja::roflcopter::prof::zip::biglove::corny:

CONGRATS CHESSO!! Glad to see the status page worked out for you :D Btw, the ninja smiley really makes your post.

Steve, I'm not sure if I'll be going, but it's a very good possibility. UMass is my second choice currently, and my 1st choice still hasn't gotten back to me. I did love UMass when I went though!

Congrats to you Scrubslover, Steve and Chesso!!!

But why not meeeeeeeeeeeee?

Can anyone post exactly what the status changes to when you are accepted? I haven't been accepted, but I am just confused because mine says "Accept Admission" above "Accept or Decline Admission" just like Chessodoc's, but I have a blurb underneath all of that, which says "If you have not been directed to this page..." blah blah blah. I'm assuming that the blurb must be what changes when you are actually accepted because mine has said "Accept Admission" above "Accept or Decline Admission" for months now. Also, UMass...please accept me :love:.

for those that got in: when was your interview date?
Let's try to start an accepted list to keep track

scrubslover - I: 10/21; A: 1/23
steve16 - I:11/18; A: 1/23

Chessodoc?

Others hear the good news?

Perhaps they did the October - Thanksgiving today? Anyone who interviewed post-turkey day hear back?

I am still waiting... interviewed 12/16

Can anyone post exactly what the status changes to when you are accepted? I haven't been accepted, but I am just confused because mine says "Accept Admission" above "Accept or Decline Admission" just like Chessodoc's, but I have a blurb underneath all of that, which says "If you have not been directed to this page..." blah blah blah. I'm assuming that the blurb must be what changes when you are actually accepted because mine has said "Accept Admission" above "Accept or Decline Admission" for months now. Also, UMass...please accept me :love:.

Here you go: Where it used to have that "if you have not been directed to this page blurb" now says:
We are pleased to grant you admission to the following program(s). Note that once you accept or decline admission to a particular program it will no longer appear on this page. Select the program you would like to accept or decline.
Then below that it says the M.D. program.

Also, envirodoc, I think chesso is at the bar!!!! Perhaps he'll come back and let you know :)

PS Steve, I interviewed that day too! What was your undergrad? Did I talk to you? The whole day was such a blur.

linguini - I:9/16; A:10/17

I know there are some others who heard earlier in this thread!

Went through the old pages... yeah, I'm not being so productive at work today:

linguini - I:9/16; A:10/17
AL12S - I: 9/29; A: 11/21
Zpiff - I: 9/16; A: 11/21
snowflake2 - I: 9/29; A: 11/21
ashley51087 - I: 10/22; A: 11/21

Went through the old pages... yeah, I'm not being so productive at work today:

That makes two of us... and looks like so far, at least, only the pre-thanksgiving people have been accepted. If I remember last year, some of the nov/dec (maybe jan) got accepted in early Feb... the wait continues...

That makes two of us... and looks like so far, at least, only the pre-thanksgiving people have been accepted. If I remember last year, some of the nov/dec (maybe jan) got accepted in early Feb... the wait continues...

well, for those of us post thanksgiving, early Feb is only a couple weeks away! :-D Stay positive everyone who hasn't heard yet! Hopefully we will all hear good news and meet each other in Worcester sometime soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.