2008 VCU/MCV Central

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I received a response from her (after e-mailing her early today) that stated that the OOS waitlist is "moving along" and that "we are getting very close" but she can't promise anything. Anyone receive a similar reply?

Members don't see this ad.

I recieved a similar reply, but it was a lot more vague. She told me that the list was moving along and that in the next month it should take a huge hit so I should keep in touch. I'm hoping for the best but I'm going to start the reapplication cycle just in case.

mmm...I think I'm going to wait 2-3 weeks before starting it all over

Members don't see this ad :)
I received a response from her (after e-mailing her early today) that stated that the OOS waitlist is "moving along" and that "we are getting very close" but she can't promise anything. Anyone receive a similar reply?

How often have you been emailing Dr. WC. I just got a response from her about a week ago, and I was thinking of emailing here again, but I am sure she is busy, and I don't want to be too annoying

last week i got a very vague response from her " the out of state list is beginning to move. It is difficult to say from any given position just how far it will go, because we are depending on the actions of others."
anyone else get anything like this?
i'm guessing i'm pretty far down the list?? :(

last week i got a very vague response from her " the out of state list is beginning to move. It is difficult to say from any given position just how far it will go, because we are depending on the actions of others."
anyone else get anything like this?
i'm guessing i'm pretty far down the list?? :(

People have been getting all sorts of different responses, so I think it's hard to decipher what her messages are implying. For the most part we've been seeing:

1. "You'll probably be offered"
2. "You're not in a bad place"
3. "I would suggest reapplying"

I'm not sure where your response falls within that spectrum, so I wouldn't assume anything quite yet. I wouldn't give up hope yet either.

Good luck.

How often have you been emailing Dr. WC. I just got a response from her about a week ago, and I was thinking of emailing here again, but I am sure she is busy, and I don't want to be too annoying

I disagree, I plan on emailing her weekly. I really want to go to VCU and I want them to know it. Plus this makes me feel a bit proactive about being on the alternate list.

I disagree, I plan on emailing her weekly. I really want to go to VCU and I want them to know it. Plus this makes me feel a bit proactive about being on the alternate list.

While I agree that it's good to be proactive, emailing weekly may be overkill unless you have meaningful updates to pass along. The ADCOM may not even meet weekly, and thus an email asking about your status every week may only cause annoyance.

That said, keeping in contact and showing your interest is great. I think it would be very reasonable to check in every couple of weeks to see how things are moving.

The idea is to keep your name out there and show interest WITHOUT pissing them off. E-mailing weekly is too much if you dont have anything to add.

Every few weeks is a better idea. You dont want to be annoying, just interested

The idea is to keep your name out there and show interest WITHOUT pissing them off. E-mailing weekly is too much if you dont have anything to add.

Every few weeks is a better idea. You dont want to be annoying, just interested

I've gotta second this one. At the beginning of last summer I only emailed every 3-4 weeks. I only emailed more often when she told me "check back in a week" or "check back in a couple of weeks." You don't want to drive her nuts, just let her know you want to attend.

Nka1985 and Instatewaiter - is it safe to assume that the initial batch of waitlist acceptances have all been sent out? And that there won't be any more offers for a few weeks? In the past, when has the most movement occurred?

that's a shame, I'm pro-bolus

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck to an in state female!!!! Just withdrew my acceptance.

I asked about IS WL movement and was told it is not moving as much as it usually does :(

Keep hoping! I just got accepted off the IS Waitlist! Got the email at 603pm, standard operation procedure.

Sorry I left that out - Male IS, not invited to second look, but fell into the group of "you'll probably be offered" waitlisters.

Sorry I left that out - Male IS, not invited to second look, but fell into the group of "you'll probably be offered" waitlisters.

So at least for IS males they've made it through the second lookers and are on to the rest of us. Inching closer every day...

Good luck everyone.

Has Dr. WC been e-mailing any of you OOS that just got in? She keeps checking to see if I have all my questions answered. I really think I'm going to another school but every e-mail makes me think I should re-consider VCU...thoughts? I think I have to pay by tomorrow..don't know what to do. Also, never actually got a letter in the mail.

So May 15 was the day, people had to pick one school and so that opened up spots...so how is it working now? Are people who were waitlisted at numerous schools getting in and then they're spots boost others up??

So May 15 was the day, people had to pick one school and so that opened up spots...so how is it working now? Are people who were waitlisted at numerous schools getting in and then they're spots boost others up??

Yes, as people holding acceptances are offered spots in other schools where they were waitlisted, they drop their acceptances and the spot is offered to someone else. It takes a while because people are often given 1-2 weeks to decide which school they will attend, and the school can't offer the spot to someone else until the person drops the acceptance.

I emailed Dr. WC about my waitlist prospects, and I got a reply back yesterday saying, "We're very close; hang in there." Should I be excited?

At least this means there should be some more movement.

Keep your hopes up and good luck everyone!

Ya I would be excited. Is this the first time that you emailed her? have you got any of the previous responses such as "you are in a good place", or "you will probably be offered an acceptance"?

Ya I would be excited. Is this the first time that you emailed her? have you got any of the previous responses such as "you are in a good place", or "you will probably be offered an acceptance"?

Yeah, this was my second email to Dr. WC. I asked about my spot the first time at the end of April and she said "it's difficult to predict, but you're not in a bad place." I decided to email her again this past week because I figured she'd have more insight now that the waitlist has been finalized.

I'm hoping this most recent response is a good sign, but I suppose nothing about this process is a sure thing. I'd like to think that she wouldn't have said what she said without good reason, but who knows...

Anyway, if you're wondering about your status, I'd email her. Good luck!!

Be excited, but don't be disappointed if it doesn't happen immediately. She won't tell you that unless you really are close, but she has no control over how much the list moves. For all we know, it could not move for the next 3 weeks. That happened to me in late June last year, and I wasn't accepted until July 18th. That being said, be cautiously optimistic because the list seem to move fairly well in June most years, so your chances of hearing from them some time in the next couple of weeks is pretty good.:thumbup::luck:

Be excited, but don't be disappointed if it doesn't happen immediately. She won't tell you that unless you really are close, but she has no control over how much the list moves. For all we know, it could not move for the next 3 weeks. That happened to me in late June last year, and I wasn't accepted until July 18th. That being said, be cautiously optimistic because the list seem to move fairly well in June most years, so your chances of hearing from them some time in the next couple of weeks is pretty good.:thumbup::luck:

Thanks for your input. Waiting should be a little bit easier now that I know there's some hope.

I got an email from Dr. WC saying "we are approaching your rank." Do you think this is a simmilar comment to the one you got?

Ok so I e-mailed WC hurst and she responded

the Virginia list is moving slowly and It is difficult to predict where the list will slow, but we are moving in your direction.

How should I take this? Should I start looking for apartments at the school i was accepted to? Any input would be helpful. Thanks :)

Ok so I e-mailed WC hurst and she responded

the Virginia list is moving slowly and It is difficult to predict where the list will slow, but we are moving in your direction.

How should I take this? Should I start looking for apartments at the school i was accepted to? Any input would be helpful. Thanks :)

The first time I emailed, I got the reply "it's difficult to predict, but you're not in a bad place," which I think is very similar to the response you got from Dr. WC. I emailed her again recently and she said they were "very close" to my position, so I wouldn't give up hope if I were you. As long as things keep moving you may just have a shot. :luck:

Bump! Any news?
nope, and the silence is killing me! Dr. WC told me her prediction for my acceptance is "very positive. Though not 100%, yet"...so I've been keeping my fingers crossed (and wondering when some sort of notice would arrive).

It would prolly be better to check every week or two weeks. Try to keep yourself busy in the meantime, I went through the same thing last year and checked my status page every other day from may to august, which made it worse. Doing activities and being proactive helped a lot. Keep your mind off things as much as you can. Make summer plans.

Hang in there it will happen! ;) All you need to do is persevere.

nope, and the silence is killing me! Dr. WC told me her prediction for my acceptance is "very positive. Though not 100%, yet"...so I've been keeping my fingers crossed (and wondering when some sort of notice would arrive).

Congrats on the response. Dr. WC sent me a hopeful reply the other day too, so here's hoping we both get some good news soon. :luck:

So I got the "Your in a good place" response from Dr. WC about a month ago, and then she emailed me yesterday, and said "with the way the wait list is moving this year, she is not sure that they are going to reach my priority score."
So apparently the waitlist isn't moving this year as much as we would like it to be moving.

So I got the "Your in a good place" response from Dr. WC about a month ago, and then she emailed me yesterday, and said "with the way the wait list is moving this year, she is not sure that they are going to reach my priority score."
So apparently the waitlist isn't moving this year as much as we would like it to be moving.

Are you IS or OOS? I heard the IS waitlist was moving extremely slow this year.

That's rough. Did she just email you out of the blue, or have you been corresponding pretty regularly with Dr. WC?

We have had pretty regular correspondence. It was kind of rough to go from what I thought was a sure bet, not a chance, but I am glad to find out now rather than sometime later this summer.

We have had pretty regular correspondence. It was kind of rough to go from what I thought was a sure bet, not a chance, but I am glad to find out now rather than sometime later this summer.

Glad you could make the best out of a crappy situation. Best of luck to you.

This is the reply I got from Dr. WC:

......the in state list is moving slowly. We are encouraging all applicants not admitted by June 1, to be ready with Plan B........

looks like i'll be reapplying

This is the reply I got from Dr. WC:

......the in state list is moving slowly. We are encouraging all applicants not admitted by June 1, to be ready with Plan B........

looks like i'll be reapplying

Hmm...I wonder if she said June 1st because it's the start of the month or if she expects a few offers to be made tomorrow.

She probably said June 1st because thats when you should think about resubmitting part one and starting these shennanigans all over

AHHHHH....I'm in!!!! :eek: :)
Congrats on the response. Dr. WC sent me a hopeful reply the other day too, so here's hoping we both get some good news soon. :luck:
thanks! sending tons of :luck::luck: your way