2025-2026 Central Michigan University

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

chilly_md

Full Member
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
2025-2026 CMU Secondary Prompts

1. Describe your motivation for applying to the CMU College of Medicine and your future career in medicine. Finally, describe how your preparation and background will contribute to the mission of the CMU College of Medicine. (1000 words)

2. [REAPP ONLY]: If you have applied to any medical school in previous cycles, what have you done since your last application to prepare yourself for a career in medicine? If you have not applied to medical school previously, write “N/A” in the box. (500 words)

In the next section, there's biographic information and more writing:

  1. If you have lived in a MI county, Please provide a brief summary of your affiliation with any County selected (250 words)
  2. If not currently enrolled in undergrad/graduate program, Describe what activities you have engaged in since degree completion.(no limit)
Another section where if you say yes to any of the below questions, you have 400 characters to explain/provide more details
  • I belong to a race or ethnicity considered underrepresented in medicine.
  • I am the first person in my immediate family to attend college (excluding siblings).
  • I was born or grew up in a rural community.
  • I come from an economically disadvantaged background.
  • I have overcome a significant hardship.
  • I identify with a group/community not listed above or have additional information to share.

Good luck to all applying!

Interview Feedback:

 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
IS Secondary Received!

Prompts:
  1. Describe your motivation for applying to the CMU College of Medicine and your future career in medicine. Finally, describe how your preparation and background will contribute to the mission of the CMU College of Medicine. (1000 words)
  2. [REAPP ONLY]: If you have applied to any medical school in previous cycles, what have you done since your last application to prepare yourself for a career in medicine? If you have not applied to medical school previously, write “N/A” in the box. (500 words)
In the next section, there's biographic information and more writing:
  1. If you have lived in a MI county, Please provide a brief summary of your affiliation with any County selected (250 words)
  2. If not currently enrolled in undergrad/graduate program, Describe what activities you have engaged in since degree completion.(no limit)
Another section where if you say yes to any of the below questions, you have 400 characters to explain/provide more details
  • I belong to a race or ethnicity considered underrepresented in medicine.
  • I am the first person in my immediate family to attend college (excluding siblings).
  • I was born or grew up in a rural community.
  • I come from an economically disadvantaged background.
  • I have overcome a significant hardship.
  • I identify with a group/community not listed above or have additional information to share.
@wysdoc
 
Last edited:
Are there any more details about question#1 in the 2nd section---
It appears to me that you may haved lived in one MI county but can
"select" a different county to write about. Am I misinterpreting?
 
Last edited:
Are there any more details about question#1 in the 2nd section---
It appears to me that you may haved lived in one MI county but can
"select" a different county to write about. Am I misinterpreting?
It specifically says to choose any counties you have lived in, and then summarize your affiliation with any county selected. To me this seems they only want to know about your connection to the counties you have lived in. The only other detail it states is to skip the question if you have NEVER lived in MI.
 
2025-2026 CMU Secondary Prompts

1. Describe your motivation for applying to the CMU College of Medicine and your future career in medicine. Finally, describe how your preparation and background will contribute to the mission of the CMU College of Medicine. (1000 words)

2. [REAPP ONLY]: If you have applied to any medical school in previous cycles, what have you done since your last application to prepare yourself for a career in medicine? If you have not applied to medical school previously, write “N/A” in the box. (500 words)

In the next section, there's biographic information and more writing:

  1. If you have lived in a MI county, Please provide a brief summary of your affiliation with any County selected (250 words)
  2. If not currently enrolled in undergrad/graduate program, Describe what activities you have engaged in since degree completion.(no limit)
Another section where if you say yes to any of the below questions, you have 400 characters to explain/provide more details
  • I belong to a race or ethnicity considered underrepresented in medicine.
  • I am the first person in my immediate family to attend college (excluding siblings).
  • I was born or grew up in a rural community.
  • I come from an economically disadvantaged background.
  • I have overcome a significant hardship.
  • I identify with a group/community not listed above or have additional information to share.

Good luck to all applying!

Interview Feedback:

For the reapp and the gap year questions, I feel like my answers are very similar because I have started the same activities since I applied and began my gap year. Do you guys have any advice on how to address these questions?
 
It specifically says to choose any counties you have lived in, and then summarize your affiliation with any county selected. To me this seems they only want to know about your connection to the counties you have lived in. The only other detail it states is to skip the question if you have NEVER lived in MI.
Thanks for the added info.
 
Any idea how to answer the Reapp question and "describe what activities you have engaged in since degree completion" differently? I feel like my answer to both of those would be mostly identical.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How long did it take for you guys to receive your secondary? I still haven't heard and I meet the screening minimum listed on MSAR.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have advice on submitting updates to schools that allow them? I recently had papers published where i was an author (never have before) and I want to update them but unsure how to format. Should i just submit a pdf of the paper(s) or a pdf type up saying that i submitted with a link?
 
Could any of the previous interviewees comment on the group portion of the interview? The II email mentions there being group activities in addition to the MMI...
 
For those who have completed their interview, how was it? Any curveballs?
Everyone is very nice, even during MMIs which is nice to see. Typical questions and no curveballs. The group discussion format might be something you’re not used to; it’s the only school I’ve interviewed with that has it. The group part is pretty low stress, but the prompts are pretty open ended to allow for ample discussion.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad