2009-2010 Drexel Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
has anyone made a drexel waitlist thread?

In years past, the application/secondary thread has transitioned to become the waitlist thread, while those who've been accepted move on to the "Class of..." thread.

Members don't see this ad.

Usually the waitlist thread begins with a poll. Can you add a poll to a existing thread though?

I took the liberty to review most of this thread to either ACCEPT or REJECT the above hypothesis. So far, the data seem to suggest that at least anecdotally my hypothesis is correct. Below is a list of SDNers who posted on this thread and have revealed their fate here:

I. A FINAL DECISION HAS BEEN REACHED:

i) Final decision and Rejected:mad:: ek1099 and djd2187, etc.

ii) Final decision and Accepted:thumbup:: doxycycline, royalewthcheese, johnnyExtra, reidmike, LAS10886m eNVykillaBeez, sportsfreak, Sun Dog, Vitruveanly, ItsaMarathon, ROGI, fishjj06...etc

II. A DECISION HAS BEEN REACHED:

iii) Decision (not final) and Waitlisted:xf:: ashbabe, herewego, hockyfan.

Here is what I notice during my review: If you receive a Final Decision status and receive a background email, I am almost certain that you are accepted. However, if you receive a Final Decision status and a background email does not follow soon, it is pretty much a rejection. However, this seems to happen after January 1st of the admission cycle!

Moreover, it seems that the committee meet sometimes on Tuesday, Wednesday, or on both day. This is because most people notice the change of their status either on Wednesday or Thursday, suggesting that the committee the day before.

Lastly, i may not spell the above user names correctly and I apologize in advance..

NOW WHAT SAY YOU???

yeah, i'm impressed with your extensive thread-searching prowess. one correction, though--didn't we establish earlier that you may not get a background check e-mail if you're already been accepted elsewhere and had to submit to a background check for the first school? so, if you get the final decision status and you're already been accepted somewhere you won't know if drexel's an accept or reject.

Members don't see this ad :)
Usually the waitlist thread begins with a poll. Can you add a poll to a existing thread though?

Not unless you're a mod.

You're welcome to start a waitlist-specific thread for Drexel; I wasn't trying to dissuade you. I'm happy to answer Drexel-related questions regardless of where they're posted.

this thread has been dead all weekend...i hope that means everyone ditched their neurotic tendencies and was out having a sweet time in the nice weather ;)

for those of you on the waitlist: i'll be declining my acceptance, good luck to you all!!

My status just changed to "A decision has been reached and a letter will be mailed to a preferred address"

Probably its a waitlist :scared: OMG I don't have any acceptances:(

My status just changed to "A decision has been reached and a letter will be mailed to a preferred address"

Probably its a waitlist :scared: OMG I don't have any acceptances:(

Based on my above hypothesis, I would say "yes, it is a waitinglist." I hope you get accepted:xf:, but whatever the decision, can you please post the result. This way, it will either validate or refute my hypothesis. Thanks!

Based on my above hypothesis, I would say "yes, it is a waitinglist." I hope you get accepted:xf:, but whatever the decision, can you please post the result. This way, it will either validate or reject my hypothesis. Thanks!

Thanks! Yes, sure I'll post the result

I interviewed 2/2 and today my status changed to a final decision has been reached. My interviewer worked in the administration offices by admissions, so that's probably why it was quicker for me. Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed 2/2 and today my status changed to a final decision has been reached. My interviewer worked in the administration offices by admissions, so that's probably why it was quicker for me. Good luck everyone!

Good Luck! Does it say "final decision" or "a decision"? Did you get background check email?

My status changed on Monday to "a decision....." , didn't get CBC email - sooooo scared :scared:

Good Luck! Does it say "final decision" or "a decision"? Did you get background check email?

My status changed on Monday to "a decision....." , didn't get CBC email - sooooo scared :scared:

It says final decision, which I'm happy about even if it's a rejection. I can't handle wait lists. I've already been waiting since August!

I live in Philly so I should be able to help confirm or disprove the current hypothesis regarding the status wording shortly. I'll post up when I find out.

How long does it take for the status to be updated from "Your file is currently under review by the admissions committee" to a "decision (final or otherwise) has been reached?"

I have the former for about 2 weeks now and I interviewed on 2/1 and I noticed a lot of people here who are interviewed within days are already on the final decision stage...

"A final decision has been reached" -- but no background check email. I guess I'm toast.

I had a Final Decision notice and was accepted on Wednesday. However, I still have not received my background check email yet. So, no background check doesn't always mean rejection!

No background check email does not mean rejection.

No background check email does not mean rejection.

I thought it's been established that no background check email (for an applicant who hasn't previously submitted to a background check yet already) actually *does* mean a rejection. Are you sure that this is untrue? What makes you think that?

I assume there is no more interviews here given here, but my status still says will be reevaluated later.

I submitted in September and still have heard nothing...anyone else in the same boat...

I thought it's been established that no background check email (for an applicant who hasn't previously submitted to a background check yet already) actually *does* mean a rejection. Are you sure that this is untrue? What makes you think that?

i got my acceptance then did not receive the background check till a month later

I got my waitlist letter in the mail this weekend and thought I'd give you guys my time line summary:

Interviewed: 1/21
A decision has been reached: 4/5
Waitlist letter rec'd: 4/10

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Last edited:
I got my waitlist letter in the mail this weekend

Interviewed: 1/19
A decision has been reached: 4/5
Waitlist letter rec'd: 4/10

I took the liberty to review most of this thread to either ACCEPT or REJECT the above hypothesis. So far, the data seem to suggest that at least anecdotally my hypothesis is correct. Below is a list of SDNers who posted on this thread and have revealed their fate here:

I. A FINAL DECISION HAS BEEN REACHED:

i) Final decision and Rejected:mad:: ek1099 and djd2187, etc.

ii) Final decision and Accepted:thumbup:: doxycycline, royalewthcheese, johnnyExtra, reidmike, LAS10886m eNVykillaBeez, sportsfreak, Sun Dog, Vitruveanly, ItsaMarathon, ROGI, fishjj06...etc

II. A DECISION HAS BEEN REACHED:

iii) Decision (not final) and Waitlisted:xf:: ashbabe, herewego, hockyfan, NEWHER*, CPValley*

*newly added

I think I can say with confidence that my hypothesis has been proven that: a final decision = either acceptance or rejection while decision = waitlist

Interviewed: 1/9
Committee Member: ~1/18
Admissions Committee: 4/12

The next month should be fun.... Come on "A Final Decision"!

My status has changed from, "A Final Decision" which was posted on Friday, to, "Your File is Currently Under Review by the Admissions Committee". I guess I am moving backwards through the system........either that or they are on to our predictions.

My status has changed from, "A Final Decision" which was posted on Friday, to, "Your File is Currently Under Review by the Admissions Committee". I guess I am moving backwards through the system........either that or they are on to our predictions.

That's just mean. :laugh: Honestly though, I've heard of this happening before and I think it's just a glitch in the system. I wouldn't worry about it, but you can call them up if it'll make you feel better.

That happened to me too, and was told to ignore it

Today my status updated to "your file is currently under review by the admissions committee." Prior to this, I had been stuck on "your interview has been scheduled" since my interview in Feb. I thought it was supposed to go to a committee member first? I mean, I'm not complaining about skipping a step, of course. I just hope it doesn't go backwards now, lol.

When do classes start?

The 2010-2011 academic calendar hasn't been released yet, but to give you an idea, this year orientation was Aug 4-6 and classes started on the 10th. The PIL students started on the 7th. You can pretty much count on classes beginning somewhere around the first week of August.

ahhh final decision! guess i will be stalking my mail for a while!! does anyone know how long it takes to get the letter in the mail?

People like this......but dwell on the negative if you want.

Just to clarify, I wasn't trying to assail the "background-check-email-provides-no-clue-about-status" hypothesis, I was merely asking about which pieces of evidence supported it. Pills Of Soap has now kindly provided that evidence. Thanks Pill!

The 2010-2011 academic calendar hasn't been released yet, but to give you an idea, this year orientation was Aug 4-6 and classes started on the 10th. The PIL students started on the 7th. You can pretty much count on classes beginning somewhere around the first week of August.

i called the admissions office today and was told that orientation is Aug 3rd, and classes start Aug 6. (white coat ceremony is also aug 6). PIL students have an orientation july 28.

i called the admissions office today and was told that orientation is Aug 3rd, and classes start Aug 6. (white coat ceremony is also aug 6). PIL students have an orientation july 28.

Classes start on a friday??

Guys, what would be a good health ins policy to get that is reasonably priced and satisfies Drexel requirements? The policy offered by Drexel is extremely expensive imo. Could current students recommend anything? Thanks

ah finally - under review by committee... interviewed 3/1. I had not been expecting anything at all for another month, judging by the other people here. So now just a couple months to go to final decision ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.