2009-2010 Grad School Interview Invite Thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am assuming based on your question and many others that Yeshiva/Ferkauf has not sent out any information regarding acceptances/rejections... I applied for PsyD clinical and got no response yet...
IF ANYONE KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT YESHIVA about their offering acceptances/rejections... PLEASE POST before I go insane.
At what point can we call the school?? :scared::scared:

who says you can't call the school?

Members don't see this ad.

who says you can't call the school?

I didnt want to push and them get annoyed at me.... I am also afraid about what I will hear from them... How long after interviews is it appropriate to call? what if I havent heard anything from other schools either- I can't say I have an offer from them if I dont!?

I didnt want to push and them get annoyed at me.... I am also afraid about what I will hear from them... How long after interviews is it appropriate to call? what if I havent heard anything from other schools either- I can't say I have an offer from them if I dont!?

I applied to their school/clinical combined program and interviewed feb 4. I believe they make decisions the first week of march, at least for the combined program. I hate waiting too but we have some time. Interviews go on until early march so they don't make decisions until after they are done.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the acceptance from Wheaton this week. I'm glad something has come through.

I got an email from Yeshiva on Friday saying that I was still being considered for their Ph.D. program in Clinical Health psychology but that they are currently offering me admission into their Masters program in psychology, but that if space opens up I will still be considered for their doctoral program. The problem is, I already have a Masters degree so I am not looking to attain another one. I guess that email means I am on their wait list, even though they never explicitly said so. If this is true, what are my odds of still being offered admission into their doctoral program. Has anyone out there been wait listed and then offered admission into the program?

I think it means their MA decisions were made already, and you made the cut, but the doctoral program is still finalizing its offers. Did you put down you were interested in the Masters in your application (I'm assuming no, so this is odd, but programs are quirky to say the least)? Considering no one else has heard 'yay' or 'nay' from this school yet, I think you're still in the running, not just waitlisted. Hang in there and good luck!!

Hi all,

Did anyone interview at LIU yesterday....care to share your experiences/questions you were asked? I am interviewing there wednesday and was hoping to get some info on what to expect. thanks!

I got an email from Yeshiva on Friday saying that I was still being considered for their Ph.D. program in Clinical Health psychology but that they are currently offering me admission into their Masters program in psychology, but that if space opens up I will still be considered for their doctoral program. The problem is, I already have a Masters degree so I am not looking to attain another one. I guess that email means I am on their wait list, even though they never explicitly said so. If this is true, what are my odds of still being offered admission into their doctoral program. Has anyone out there been wait listed and then offered admission into the program?

Have you heard about their PsyD? I haven't heard a thing yet, but would appreciate any information you might have! When did you interview? (I am assuming you did). Does anyone know that if you didnt hear about the masters admission, are you still in the running?? Is this only for the PhD program? I guess you can all tell how nervous I am...

Has anyone heard anything for University of Wisconsin-Madison? I've been combing the forums, but it seems rather unclear to me.

Hi all,

Did anyone interview at LIU yesterday....care to share your experiences/questions you were asked? I am interviewing there wednesday and was hoping to get some info on what to expect. thanks!

Same here, except I am interviewing this upcoming Saturday. Advice anyone?

Hey All,

I got an interview offer for the U of Montana today. Any suggestions on how to afford it? I'm coming in from D.C.

Also, is it Kosher to ask the interviewing institution to assist in transportation costs, generally speaking?

Thanks.

I am in the exact same situation. It costs about $700 for me to fly to Montana and back, so I told them I would have to do a phone interview. My POI seemed very understanding. Good luck!

So weird, I also applied to their PhD program and have heard nothing. I didn't even get that strange e-mail about the master's.

So weird, I also applied to their PhD program and have heard nothing. I didn't even get that strange e-mail about the master's.

I also have heard nothing....so frustrating, as I interviewed over a month ago!

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone who interviewed at GWU get a sense of when they'd be letting us know? One prof told me they still had weeks of interviews left, and a student said she didn't think that was true, but no one gave us any idea of a timeline.

Did anyone who interviewed at GWU get a sense of when they'd be letting us know? One prof told me they still had weeks of interviews left, and a student said she didn't think that was true, but no one gave us any idea of a timeline.

If you mean their PsyD program, I'll be interviewing this weekend. I don't think they have any interviews after that.

Has anyone been invited to UW's in-person adult clinical interview? I had a phone interview last week and haven't heard anything since. Please PM me if you have info and congrats if you do!

Has anyone been invited to UW's in-person adult clinical interview? I had a phone interview last week and haven't heard anything since. Please PM me if you have info and congrats if you do!

Do you mean Wisconsin or Washington?

Thanks!

Has anyone interviewed at Adelphi yet? I have my interview (last one!) with them coming up and any info. would be appreciated. I'm especially curious since they do group interviews.

Thanks!

And congrats to everyone who are getting acceptance notices rolling in!

If you mean their PsyD program, I'll be interviewing this weekend. I don't think they have any interviews after that.

I am also interviewing at GWU this weekend (PsyD) on March 6th. I believe this is the last interview date. Maybe we'll hear by the end of March?

Hey guys, congrats on your invitations and all the best luck for your #1 choices! :luck:

Has anyone here been to the Feinberg interview last Friday? I have mine this Friday, I'm pretty sure we have different POIs (so we won't be competing each other..!;)), and was wondering what the interview involved more or less?

From the invitation letter I see we have several 30-mins interviews scheduled for the day, and I don't know how many profs vs. grad students we are interviewing, let alone how many individual/group interviews there will be, or approx. how many interviewees there will be, although I'm sure it differs by POI.

I would greatly appreciate any kind of feedback - I just want a rough idea of what it would be like, to gague how many cups of coffee I should have on the day's morning before the interview! :D

It would be my last interview and oh man I can't wait till this whole thing is over!!

I'm in the same exact boat as you -- I have no idea what to expect. It is also my last interview, so I can't wait until this weekend is over!

I'm in the same exact boat as you -- I have no idea what to expect. It is also my last interview, so I can't wait until this weekend is over!

ditto. would love to know the format, number of prospective applicants. I'm sure we'll find out soon enough, but I would love to know a bit more now if there is info out there.

It will also be my last interview and I can't wait until it's over! Btw, I'm going on an informal visit tomorrow. Is it still appropriate to wear a suit?

It will also be my last interview and I can't wait until it's over! Btw, I'm going on an informal visit tomorrow. Is it still appropriate to wear a suit?

Do you mean the pre-interview happy hour?
I am just going to go in jeans and maybe a nice top, smart casual I guess.
I've been to other informal pre-interviews and pretty much everyone was casual but who knows, may be diff. applicant pool?? :rolleyes:

Well at least we know there are already four of us in this forum coming in on Friday...See you guys all there and good luck for all of us! :xf:(I dare not ask for your POIs..haha Wouldn't want to know at this point. Just gotta face it on the day!)

Do you mean the pre-interview happy hour?
I am just going to go in jeans and maybe a nice top, smart casual I guess.
I've been to other informal pre-interviews and pretty much everyone was casual but who knows, may be diff. applicant pool?? :rolleyes:

Well at least we know there are already four of us in this forum coming in on Friday...See you guys all there and good luck for all of us! :xf:(I dare not ask for your POIs..haha Wouldn't want to know at this point. Just gotta face it on the day!)

oh woops! my bad. I'm actually going NEXT weekend (march 12th). Wish I was going this weekend to get it over with. If you wanted to (i don't expect you to) tell me how it goes this weekend and all that, i'd super appreciate any info. I'll tell you my POI via PM if you want

Who still has interviews left to attend?

I finished mine this week (had two other offers for later in March, but turned them down).

To all of you still interviewing, good luck!:luck::luck::luck:

One down (today), one to go (next Thursday)!

I just finished my last interview this past Friday. Now, I wait for the rresults of my last interview. Good luck to the rest who are still interviewing!

So I've only had one interview so far and I found out that I didn't get the slot. I have gotten some rejections, but am still waiting to hear from 6 of my schools! If they haven't invited me to interview, why haven't I gotten rejection letters yet?

So I've only had one interview so far and I found out that I didn't get the slot. I have gotten some rejections, but am still waiting to hear from 6 of my schools! If they haven't invited me to interview, why haven't I gotten rejection letters yet?

You're not alone, I have yet to hear from a few too. I think it's safe to say if they've already done their interviews, it isn't gonna happen. I happen to think it's pretty inconsiderate...we paid the application fee, you'd think the administrative assistants could generate a form letter.:rolleyes: Oh well, I'm not gonna lose sleep over it.

just wondering if you've heard anything yet from yeshiva.
thanks for any info.

just wondering if you've heard anything yet from yeshiva.
thanks for any info.

I have not heard from their PsyD clinical program. I am also wondering and wondering and wondering...
Please, if anyone has information, spare me anguish and share! :help:

you all should check out the waitlist and acceptance thread:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=707860

I can't recall which Yeshiva programs are posted but the updates will be over there - good luck

Thanks, but I have been checking the lists out for a while now. The only Yeshiva program listed is the one with a "health emphasis". this is a different program they have but since it is not listed anywhere on that list, and have asked on both the new and the old acceptance thread, if someone who hasnt read them knows about it (or just hasnt seen the newest one yet). Some people may not check every thread and just in case, I would like to hedge my bets to reach the widest audience. Thank you for your advice anyways!:)

Thanks, but I have been checking the lists out for a while now. The only Yeshiva program listed is the one with a "health emphasis". this is a different program they have but since it is not listed anywhere on that list, and have asked on both the new and the old acceptance thread, if someone who hasnt read them knows about it (or just hasnt seen the newest one yet). Some people may not check every thread and just in case, I would like to hedge my bets to reach the widest audience. Thank you for your advice anyways!:)

have you tried gradcafe http://www.thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php?q=psych*&t=a&pp=25

You're not alone, I have yet to hear from a few too. I think it's safe to say if they've already done their interviews, it isn't gonna happen. I happen to think it's pretty inconsiderate...we paid the application fee, you'd think the administrative assistants could generate a form letter.:rolleyes: Oh well, I'm not gonna lose sleep over it.

I don't think you should throw your towel in yet. People who get acceptances will probably be denying some as well, opening up more slots. I think it's understandable that the school doesn't send out the rejections until they are positive of their incoming class. Wouldn't you like to have the opportunity to be called up to bat if some people decide not to accept their acceptances. That being said, I understand the frustration and the waiting and waiting and waiting. But, there is a light at the end of the tunnel and you will hear from everyone soon enough!

No, I was checking thegradcafe for "Yeshiva" (and Ferkauf)- Thanks a ton! I now will search all 3125 posts.... :D (at least the ones for this year and maybe last's for when they sent out letters :laugh:).

AHHHHHHHHHHH No info either!!!!!!! :eek::eek: (this deserves a double eek cuz I was really looking forward to info)
No info for this year, none from the past (as in when they sent out letters).
I guess in this case no news is good news.

Unfortunately with many of the schools being considerate to their applicants isn't high on their priority list, so at least last year many of my rejection letters weren't received until the first week of April.

Does anyone know the status of the in-person interviews for the University of Washington?

Hey

I just got accepted via email into the MA programme at Teacher's College Columbia (although I had applied to the PhD programme). I'm of course happy because I hadnt been invited for an interview and thought that I was for sure rejected...
But I'm not really sure what to do now. I'm still waiting on a few other schools...
Thing is, I already have a masters (albeit from something more cognitive science-y rather than straight psych, so I know they dont think I have a strong enough background...my BSc was in Biology as well). I'm not sure if I'd be better off taking a year out and working again in the field to apply again and hopefully get straight into a PhD, or if I should take this.
Does anyone know about the odds of getting into the PhD after doing the MA at TC Columbia?

Thanks

hi,
i have not hear from them yet.:( It could sound cheese.. but studying neuro-psych is my dream.. so i am hmmm...

But i read somewhere in this forum that they had call people for interviews.
Good Luck! :)

I'm really starting to lose hope...not hearing a damn thing from the majority of my schools and the ones I have heard from have not gone well :thumbdown:

I am waiting to hear from my last 4, but i am loosing hope..:confused:
Good luck, and i totally understand what you are going true.