2009-2010 Grad School Interview Invite Thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did everyone who applied to Columbia - TC clinical program get the email at 12:30am last night for the fellowship application? Hmm, considering I haven't heard a word from them and the interview is tomorrow, I'm thinking that writing an essay for them might be a waste of my time...

Yea I got that email! I was kind of bewildered. When you say you haven't heard from them do you mean you didn't get the itinerary? I'm interviewing with them on Friday so I'm still trying to prepare for everything.

Members don't see this ad.

Yea I got that email! I was kind of bewildered. When you say you haven't heard from them do you mean you didn't get the itinerary? I'm interviewing with them on Friday so I'm still trying to prepare for everything.

No, I literally did not receive an interview invite or a rejection. Silence. That's why I was bewildered when they sent me a fellowship application. From your two responses, it seems like it was only sent to people being interviewed. Maybe I should call them and double-check now!

Anyone hear from Counseling Psychology at SUNY-Albany or Univ. of Notre Dame? Thanks for sharing. :oops:

Hey, I received a phone call about 2 or 3 weeks ago for SUNY-Albany's Counseling Psychology program; interviews are being held early March...sorry to be the bearer of bad news :/

I haven't heard back from Notre Dame yet either...they were in my top 3 schools and I'm wondering if they've already sent out invites too.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not exactly sure what this means but I just got an email from a POI at GW saying they were finalizing their list of applicanants to accept for next fall and to see if I was still interested.

I suppose GW doesn't interview for their experimental program. I hope this is good news for me..... :xf:

Updated! Congrats to all!

Futureapppsy2, as this thread winds down, I just want to thank you for the time and effort that you put into updating our interview invites. We all know how busy you have been, yet you have religiously, on a daily (or near daily) basis, updated the list.

It didn't go unnoticed, and I thank you!!!

No, I literally did not receive an interview invite or a rejection. Silence. That's why I was bewildered when they sent me a fellowship application. From your two responses, it seems like it was only sent to people being interviewed. Maybe I should call them and double-check now!

I know that last year EVERYONE who applied to TC got the fellowship email.

Futureapppsy2, as this thread winds down, I just want to thank you for the time and effort that you put into updating our interview invites. We all know how busy you have been, yet you have religiously, on a daily (or near daily) basis, updated the list.

Agreed! You've done a fantastic job!

Agreed! You've done a fantastic job!

Aww, thanks guys! I enjoyed it--and I guess I'll see in the coming week or so whether the proverbial thread manager "magic" will hold for another year. ;)

One lone update today--congrats to that person!

Also, check out the spiffy new avatar!:D

Aww, thanks guys! I enjoyed it--and I guess I'll see in the coming week or so whether the proverbial thread manager "magic" will hold for another year. ;)

One lone update today--congrats to that person!

Also, check out the spiffy new avatar!:D

What are you expecting to happen in about 1 week? Are you still waiting for your top pick?

Yes, I noticed your new avatar. It is very majestic. I like it.

Although I know that technically, anything goes until April 15th. Does anyone know if that is actually true once POIs, etc., tell you that you won't be interviewed? I'm not certain, but it's my understanding that most people who get put on the waiting list tend to have gone to interview for those available slots already. I wasn't quite sure if this was actually the case or if people could be wait-listed who were never interviewed. I know that this may vary between individuals but I was wondering what the consensus on this was generally.

Thanks!

Although I know that technically, anything goes until April 15th. Does anyone know if that is actually true once POIs, etc., tell you that you won't be interviewed? I'm not certain, but it's my understanding that most people who get put on the waiting list tend to have gone to interview for those available slots already. I wasn't quite sure if this was actually the case or if people could be wait-listed who were never interviewed. I know that this may vary between individuals but I was wondering what the consensus on this was generally.

Thanks!

It's very rare, but a few people on this forum have reported that this happened to them.

Thanks!

I don't quite understand what you're asking... but I'm waitlisted at UFL, and didn't interview. They said they'd do a phone interview if needed.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't quite understand what you're asking... but I'm waitlisted at UFL, and didn't interview. They said they'd do a phone interview if needed.

I wasn't sure if the only people who tended to get on a wait-list were from the group who were already interviewed. Thanks for the info suggesting otherwise.

What are you expecting to happen in about 1 week? Are you still waiting for your top pick?

Yes, I noticed your new avatar. It is very majestic. I like it.

Well, I'm visiting a school that looks excellent on paper (I'm admitted, but the school only does phone interviews) and waiting to hear from a few others that I really liked during interviews... So, hopefully, I should have a better idea of what my top choice is and if I got in there by next week! :xf:

Well, I'm visiting a school that looks excellent on paper (I'm admitted, but the school only does phone interviews) and waiting to hear from a few others that I really liked during interviews... So, hopefully, I should have a better idea of what my top choice is and if I got in there by next week! :xf:

That's great! I hope you absolutely love it and that they offered you an excellent financial package.

I'm guessing it is in a colder climate since you prefer that weather. (At least, that's what I remember. I, of course, sometimes mix up who said what. : )

That's great! I hope you absolutely love it and that they offered you an excellent financial package.

Agreed!!! You applied to soooo many places. That's a lot of work. I hope you end up at one of your top picks!!! Sounds like if this school is as good as it seems to be on paper you'll be headed that way.

I got an email from Widener's PsyD program on the 16th saying I am "being considered for an interview and will be notified in the next two weeks if an invite is awarded"--has anyone heard anything about the March 10th interview day?? I am dying. It is the only school I applied to--it's the only one with a dual degree sex therapy program and I am terrified at how silent my email is......

Awesome. It looks like the magic of being the list manager is alive for another year!

Hmmm. If I don't get off the waitlist(s) this year, I should manage next year. I need some of the magic (although it seems sorta fun too).

Awesome. It looks like the magic of being the list manager is alive for another year!

Hmmm. If I don't get off the waitlist(s) this year, I should manage next year. I need some of the magic (although it seems sorta fun too).

I don't know...I think we might have to battle it out if I don't hear something soon :laugh:

Kinda a really late and short notice invitation to the University of Denver Psy.D program.

Via phone for this weekend -2/27 and 2/28.

Apparently it is the last of the interview dates cause I asked if they had any other dates since the interview was literally 3 days away! (totally does not help me with finding cheap airline tickets :(

But am still happy. :D

Invite received from Indiana University of Pennsylvania (Psy.D. program) on 2/21 via email from director of doctoral studies. Interview dates are 2/26, 2/27, 3/1, 3/5, 3/15, 3/19, & 3/20.

I was called this afternoon by grad student and invited for interview on March 6. It sounded like they have 2 Saturdays of interviews. Feb 27 and March 6.

Hi,

Has anyone else received a phone interview or two from Marsha Linehan's lab at UW? If so, did anyone tell you when you'd be hearing back about an in person invite? If you could PM me if/when you hear back, I would do the same for you. YAY DBT.

I got an email from Widener's PsyD program on the 16th saying I am "being considered for an interview and will be notified in the next two weeks if an invite is awarded"--has anyone heard anything about the March 10th interview day?? I am dying. It is the only school I applied to--it's the only one with a dual degree sex therapy program and I am terrified at how silent my email is......

hey.. widener has an interview day on friday feb 26th. maybe they are waiting to let you know for sure after that day has passed. ??? so, try to stop worrying a little bit!! i'm sure you will hear soon. good luck :)

If anybody who interviewed at Rochester on Saturday doesn't mind, please PM me. I have a question for the people who were there. It's OK if you would rather not identify yourself to me though.

I'm guessing it is in a colder climate since you prefer that weather. (At least, that's what I remember. I, of course, sometimes mix up who said what. : )

Well, they've already offered me a nice fellowship, so the funding part is taken care of, at least for year 1. :)

The climate is about as far from cold (admittedly, my preference) as possible, but it's close to family, at least!

Last edited:
Hey All,

I got an interview offer for the U of Montana today. Any suggestions on how to afford it? I'm coming in from D.C.

Also, is it Kosher to ask the interviewing institution to assist in transportation costs, generally speaking?

Thanks.

Hey All,

I got an interview offer for the U of Montana today. Any suggestions on how to afford it? I'm coming in from D.C.

Also, is it Kosher to ask the interviewing institution to assist in transportation costs, generally speaking?

Thanks.

I dont think you can ask the school to help- sorry! Can you do a phone interview? Skype it? I know that its not preferable but since you got it so late...
Maybe someone else knows better about your specific institution. Maybe take out a loan with family and say "If I get in, when I graduate I'll pay you back with my first salary". Or pay it back in free babysitting/house cleaning ect. good luck!

2 questions:

Anyone heard from Hawaii yet?

Also I am having a very distressing situation. I got a phone message from my POI almost 2 weeks ago requesting a time we could talk. I called back and offered several times and have not heard anything since. I have already called and left a second message. Any advice on what to do?

I'm curious too. I haven't heard anything since they confirmed they had all my materials. :luck:

I did hear from Hawaii after emailing the program, who encouraged me to email my POI- which I did. Haven't heard back from her, however the person I did heard from told me they won't be finished till mid-march, so don't expect to hear anything before then.

While they've already offered me a nice fellowship, so the funding part is taken care of, at least for year 1. :)

The climate is about as far from cold (admittedly, my preference) as possible, but it's close to family, at least!

love the new avatar! (even though it prob. would eat a hamsterpants)

I heard that Widener sent out interview invites today for the 10th. GL!

Last edited:
Hi,

Has anyone else received a phone interview or two from Marsha Linehan's lab at UW? If so, did anyone tell you when you'd be hearing back about an in person invite? If you could PM me if/when you hear back, I would do the same for you. YAY DBT.

I had a phone interview for another Lab (Jane Simoni) and I thought it went well.... I even had a second phone interview with one of her students but I haven't heard a peep from them since!

I heard that Widener sent out interview invites today for the 10th. GL!

I'm scheduled to interview at Widener this Friday, and while I'm still planning on flying up from FL this afternoon...I did get a call last night saying that the university *may* be shut down because of the bad snow storm. In that case, they will reschedule interviews to March 2nd.

I'm supposed to fly from Philly to Chicago for an interview with Roosevelt after Widener. I haven't heard from Roosevelt about date changes, but I did hear from both airlines (Southwest and US Airways) that they're relaxing ticket refund/reschedule policies due to the weather. It's supposed to be NASTY.

Here's hoping we can all get in, and get out, this weekend! :xf:

Last year, they notified about interviews VERY late (mid-March) and only did phone interviews.

I was actually contacted by my POI at Hawaii late last week. I'd be happy to let anyone know who my POI is if you PM me. Good luck everyone! :luck:

Hey All,

Thanks.

Me too! (i'm also in DC) I'm not going to the interview day because my POI won't be there and it doesn't hold any weight on my acceptance. But! I believe there's an airport there in the town...however I know what you mean about cost! Hence why I'm not going there till I know I got in :rolleyes:

FYI. Interviews have been cancelled for tomorrow due to weather. Alternate date is March 8. If that doesn't work they may accomodate by doing a phone interview.

I called Notre Dame, and they said they already sent out interview invitations for the PhD Counseling program. :(

Hi All,
I was wondering if anyone was invited for an interview from Yeshiva's Clinical Ph.D. Health emphasis program for sometime in March. I heard they were extending interview's into the begining of March and haven't heard anything yet.

Thank for your help!!!

Hey everyone!

2 days ago I was feeling pretty crushed because one of my top schools waitlisted me.... Today I got my very first acceptance (Widener) Which I am very, very excited about. Even if I don't get my top schools I am officially going to be a psychologist when I grow up.

Hello all- I am just wondering if anyone has heard any feedback from Boston University post-interview? The anticipation is killing me!!!

anyone else bummed that their interview was postponed because of the bad NYC weather? :(

Hi All,
I was wondering if anyone was invited for an interview from Yeshiva's Clinical Ph.D. Health emphasis program for sometime in March. I heard they were extending interview's into the begining of March and haven't heard anything yet.

Thank for your help!!!

I am assuming based on your question and many others that Yeshiva/Ferkauf has not sent out any information regarding acceptances/rejections... I applied for PsyD clinical and got no response yet...
IF ANYONE KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT YESHIVA about their offering acceptances/rejections... PLEASE POST before I go insane.
At what point can we call the school?? :scared::scared: