You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2009-2010 UMDNJ-NJMS Application Thread
Started by shemarty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
I have an interview scheduled for Dec. 14, 2009. I'm OOS (CA) applicant, and kind of broke thanks to this application cycle. I was wandering if any NJMS students reading this thread would be willing to host me the previous night (sunday Dec 13, 2009)...
I know it is short notice, but so was this interview invite!
I'd really appreciate any help. Thanks!
I know it is short notice, but so was this interview invite!
I'd really appreciate any help. Thanks!
you should call the admissions office and ask for some contact information so you could get in touch with an NJMS student immediately! good luck with your interview!!! =)I have an interview scheduled for Dec. 14, 2009. I'm OOS (CA) applicant, and kind of broke thanks to this application cycle. I was wandering if any NJMS students reading this thread would be willing to host me the previous night (sunday Dec 13, 2009)...
I know it is short notice, but so was this interview invite!
I'd really appreciate any help. Thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have an interview scheduled for Dec. 14, 2009. I'm OOS (CA) applicant, and kind of broke thanks to this application cycle. I was wandering if any NJMS students reading this thread would be willing to host me the previous night (sunday Dec 13, 2009)...
I know it is short notice, but so was this interview invite!
I'd really appreciate any help. Thanks!
You may want to call NJMS office..they can help to provide name..
When yu got invite!!!! Also what's you Stat (mcat/gpa)....
Good Luck!!!
Thanks for your replies!
I do intend on calling the Admissions Office, but just wanted to approach this little issue from all sides, and see if any NJMS medstudents in SDN could help.
I have a 3.5 general and 3.3 science GPA, plus a 32P MCAT. I have an interesting (I think) story behind those numbers, so don't take them at face value! I know they are below the average here in SDN. I got the invite this Monday (Nov 30) and had to schedule in sort of a rush.
Thank you for your positive comments, and please let me know if you are a Medstudent willing to put me up for that night. I'd be extremely grateful!
I do intend on calling the Admissions Office, but just wanted to approach this little issue from all sides, and see if any NJMS medstudents in SDN could help.
I have a 3.5 general and 3.3 science GPA, plus a 32P MCAT. I have an interesting (I think) story behind those numbers, so don't take them at face value! I know they are below the average here in SDN. I got the invite this Monday (Nov 30) and had to schedule in sort of a rush.
Thank you for your positive comments, and please let me know if you are a Medstudent willing to put me up for that night. I'd be extremely grateful!
So, NJMS admissions office is not in the business of helping OOS applicants get in touch with potential medical student hosts...
I guess they aren't very used to OOS applicants interviewing there?
At any rate, that means one of my few options is to try and find a charitable NJMS medstudent here in SDN. Please PM me if you could help me out, or even if you can put me in contact with someone who you think might be able to help...
Thanks guys, really appreciate any help!
I guess they aren't very used to OOS applicants interviewing there?
At any rate, that means one of my few options is to try and find a charitable NJMS medstudent here in SDN. Please PM me if you could help me out, or even if you can put me in contact with someone who you think might be able to help...
Thanks guys, really appreciate any help!
To all of you who have been accepted already, are you going to the accepted students' luncheon? I got a postcard asking me to RSVP at njms.umdnj.edu/education/admissions, but there's no link on that webpage for any sort of RSVP. Any ideas?
To all of you who have been accepted already, are you going to the accepted students' luncheon? I got a postcard asking me to RSVP at njms.umdnj.edu/education/admissions, but there's no link on that webpage for any sort of RSVP. Any ideas?
Ha. I was just about to post the same thing! I was going to give them a week to work out the kinks/post a link. If things aren't fixed by next Monday, I was going to give them a ring to RSVP.
anyone know what to wear for the luncheon? is it formal or casual, and what are we going to do, just eat and talk to each other? By the way, there is a fb group for NJMS c/o 2014
I can't imagine it being too formal...but what do I know?
anybody heard anything recently.... I'm getting nervous. I still haven't heard anything and interviewed 10/30!
Waitlist. Interviewed 10/23
Waitlist. Interviewed 10/23
Did you call and find out or did you get a letter in the mail? I interviewed on 10/23 as well, so I assume I'm in the same boat.
Did you call and find out or did you get a letter in the mail? I interviewed on 10/23 as well, so I assume I'm in the same boat.
I got it in the mail around the 4th or so. I guess since its been 6+ weeks and you haven't gotten a letter, that could mean they just haven't had the time to call you yet. Who knows though.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The link to RSVP for the luncheon is now posted on the website.
anyone know what to wear for the luncheon? is it formal or casual, and what are we going to do, just eat and talk to each other? By the way, there is a fb group for NJMS c/o 2014
what is the link to the fb group? i couldn't find it
yo Dr. Boris is here, guess who ilivshi1
.
Last edited:
Just search NJMS 2014
well i'm ******ed. i was searching njms 2010... haha
To all of you who have been accepted already, are you going to the accepted students' luncheon? I got a postcard asking me to RSVP at njms.umdnj.edu/education/admissions, but there's no link on that webpage for any sort of RSVP. Any ideas?
I got that card too. Just call them up and tell them that you will attend. The strange thing is NJMS holds its luncheon the same day as RWJMS, so people who are holding both acceptances have to decide beforehand which they rather go to. Trickery!
I got that card too. Just call them up and tell them that you will attend. The strange thing is NJMS holds its luncheon the same day as RWJMS, so people who are holding both acceptances have to decide beforehand which they rather go to. Trickery!
I had been thinking this too, but then I looked at the times for both and saw that NJMS ends at 2pm and RWJMS starts at 330pm, so you actually CAN get to both if you have a car or some other way of getting from one to the other. Also, I'm pretty certain that both schools will have at least one other accepted student thingy, so there will probably still be more opportunities to see each school. When I interviewed at RWJMS they weren't even doing tours yet, so I still have not the slightest idea what the school actually looks like...
how do you know they meet today? do they meet regularly or is it just random?
pretty sure they meet Thursday mornings...my interviewer mentioned it during my interview.
I don't have any proof, just saw this post earlier in the thread!! my interviewer told me he doesn't even go to the meetings for anyone he interviews, he just hands in the evaluation sheet....but good luck to people waiting!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I haven't heard anything from this school, and I was complete in early August.
Same here! I wanna know what's going on? I was complete in September OOS...maybe they're backed up 😕
+1same here! I wanna know what's going on? I was complete in september oos...maybe they're backed up 😕
is this for fall sem of under grad or final sem of under grad?anyone know if getting a couple of C's after getting accepted gets your acceptance revoked?
i called the admissions office. they are running behind schedule for notifications post interview by three weeks. just wanted to let others know!
Thanks for the update! I will do my best to wait "patiently"...
is this for fall sem of under grad or final sem of under grad?
This semester, I don't think I'll be doing as bad next semester though, things have been rough schedule wise and other stuff so its been difficult to ace every class like I wanted.
i'm pretty sure that the deposit is required to be refundable (by 5/15) by all accredited medical schools in this country
not necessarily. I've had a school state specifically on their acceptance letter that their deposit is non-refundable. So it's better to verify IMO.
I've been complete for a good while now too, I emailed dean Heinrich with an update letter of sorts and he replied saying my file is complete but no final decision has been made. I'm OOS as well 😛
I wanted to post some feedback about my interview here, just to help people who might be interviewing in the future.
First thing, I was interviewed by a member of the AdCom, an MD, who was relatively familiar with my application. Contradictory information has been posted in the threads for this school (here and the interview feedback), but that is what happened to me. The interview was relatively stress-free, except for the parts in which the interviewer questioned some part of my application --which happened a few times. It may have also been just the way the interviewer phrased the questions, and his tone and all that... In general, I'd say that the interviewer just wanted to know more about me and my application. Also, you can only find out the name of the person interviewing you when you check in the day of your interview.
Don't forget to ask for a few things, which they might forget about, like a lunch voucher, and an interview packet. I actually left without a packet, which I think is just a folder with a catalog of the school (I wouldn't know the details).
I really liked this school! Hope I get accepted...
Anyway, since I am OOS, I wanted to ask any of you IS about the reputation of this school. Is it good? How does it compare to RWJMS? I know NJMS is a very good school, with a solid clinical reputation. Just want to know what is the perception people that live in the area have of it.
First thing, I was interviewed by a member of the AdCom, an MD, who was relatively familiar with my application. Contradictory information has been posted in the threads for this school (here and the interview feedback), but that is what happened to me. The interview was relatively stress-free, except for the parts in which the interviewer questioned some part of my application --which happened a few times. It may have also been just the way the interviewer phrased the questions, and his tone and all that... In general, I'd say that the interviewer just wanted to know more about me and my application. Also, you can only find out the name of the person interviewing you when you check in the day of your interview.
Don't forget to ask for a few things, which they might forget about, like a lunch voucher, and an interview packet. I actually left without a packet, which I think is just a folder with a catalog of the school (I wouldn't know the details).
I really liked this school! Hope I get accepted...
Anyway, since I am OOS, I wanted to ask any of you IS about the reputation of this school. Is it good? How does it compare to RWJMS? I know NJMS is a very good school, with a solid clinical reputation. Just want to know what is the perception people that live in the area have of it.
Last edited:
just got the call! interviewed 10/23.
and for those who are wondering, yes it was over 3 weeks late. but hey, good news is good news.
heinrich is basically the man.
and for those who are wondering, yes it was over 3 weeks late. but hey, good news is good news.
heinrich is basically the man.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i wanted to post some feedback about my interview here, just to help people who might be interviewing in the future.
First thing, i was interviewed by a member of the adcom, an md, who was relatively familiar with my application. Contradictory information has been posted in the threads for this school (here and the interview feedback), but that is what happened to me. The interview was relatively stress-free, except for the parts in which the interviewer questioned some part of my application --which happened a few times. It may have also been just the way the interviewer phrased the questions, and his tone and all that... In general, i'd say that the interviewer just wanted to know more about me and my application. Also, you can only find out the name of the person interviewing you when you check in the day of your interview.
Don't forget to ask for a few things, which they might forget about, like a lunch voucher, and an interview packet. I actually left without a packet, which i think is just a folder with a catalog of the school (i wouldn't know the details).
I really liked this school! Hope i get accepted...
Anyway, since i am oos, i wanted to ask any of you is about the reputation of this school. Is it good? How does it compare to rwjms? I know njms is a very good school, with a solid clinical reputation. Just want to know what is the perception people that live in the area have of it.
njms>>>>>>>>>>rwj
njms>>>>>>>>>>rwj
actually, im pretty sure it's the opposite...rwjms has a better rep than njms...definitely when it comes to research...
actually, im pretty sure it's the opposite...rwjms has a better rep than njms...definitely when it comes to research...
ONLY when it comes to research and thats because Rutgers is right there (HUGE research university) and the cancer institute is right next to the hospital. For all intentions of REGLAR MD student, go to NJMS. It is way better in terms of producing a well-rounded HAPPY student 😀
It seems that every year there are RWJ vs. NJMS battles. Honestly, they both provide excellent educations, have great reputations, and fantastic match lists...
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 258K
