You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2009-2010 University of Toledo Application Thread
Started by shemarty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Hey BBender716 what are your stats if you don't mind. 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey BBender716 what are your stats if you don't mind. 🙂
Nothing outstanding MCAT-wise. 33R, cGPA 3.98 sGPA 3.94. Very weird/unusual ECs though lol
Nothing outstanding MCAT-wise. 33R, cGPA 3.98 sGPA 3.94. Very weird/unusual ECs though lol
I have similar stats, idk about weird ECs lol
Holy Toledo! Interview for this OOS girl. Have to admit, never been to Ohio...
Interview invite as well today 🙂 OOS, 30O mcat, 3.77gpa, WL'ed there last year. I know I had my AMCAS out June 2 and my secondary couldnt have been in my hands for over 2-3 days.
Interview invite OOS 😀
interview invite! I was complete on 8/7.
So, quick question. When interviewees say that the interviewers wanted to see what our thought process was on health-care ethical questions, what does this really mean? Is it that the interviewers just want to know the reasons behind our answers?
So, quick question. When interviewees say that the interviewers wanted to see what our thought process was on health-care ethical questions, what does this really mean? Is it that the interviewers just want to know the reasons behind our answers?
Interview invite, also! Yay!
Congrats to all of you!
Congrats to all of you!
in vite
interview invite for me as well. See some of you guys there!
How broadly is cultural competence defined? Could I talk about an experience where I showed support for the local LGBT community, thereby showing and acceptance, respect, and understanding for that specific community? I think it could be an interesting take on the topic, as long as it falls within the domain of "cultural competence." Any opinions are greatly appreciated! Thanks y'all.
Hey is anyone doing case oct 13 and toldeo on oct 15. Cedar Point is midway between the two but I won't go by myself (on the 14th). Any takers??? 😀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Holy toledo! I wish I would have gotten these invites closer together... definitely would have visited Cedar Point!Hey is anyone doing case oct 13 and toldeo on oct 15. Cedar Point is midway between the two but I won't go by myself (on the 14th). Any takers??? 😀
Nope. Not me at least... actually I don't know why I responded. lolanyone else haven't received the snail mail yet?
Holy toledo! I wish I would have gotten these invites closer together... definitely would have visited Cedar Point!
Yeah I have wanted to go since I was 16, but it was always too far away. I feel like I should go now to experience it if I don't end up in ohio.
That would be fun. Lines are short this time of year too. Unfortunately I havnt heard anything from here yet 🙁
I just realized that with my liberal use of smilelys in these posts that I would probably punch me if I wasnt me so if anyone meets me anywhere dont hold them against me.
I just realized that with my liberal use of smilelys in these posts that I would probably punch me if I wasnt me so if anyone meets me anywhere dont hold them against me.
That would be fun. Lines are short this time of year too. Unfortunately I havnt heard anything from here yet 🙁
I just realized that with my liberal use of smilelys in these posts that I would probably punch me if I wasnt me so if anyone meets me anywhere dont hold them against me.


Best of luck!Hey is anyone doing case oct 13 and toldeo on oct 15. Cedar Point is midway between the two but I won't go by myself (on the 14th). Any takers??? 😀
Also if anyone has this setup and is flying into cleveland and out of toledo, i can totally drive people from cleveland to toledo since I am driving my car from madison. That would be one expensive car rental (2 hours) or a waste of a flight and I get super bored driving alone. 🙂
Also if anyone has this setup and is flying into cleveland and out of toledo, i can totally drive people from cleveland to toledo since I am driving my car from madison. That would be one expensive car rental (2 hours) or a waste of a flight and I get super bored driving alone. 🙂
man you want to go bad huh, I might just go up there that day haha
Also if anyone has this setup and is flying into cleveland and out of toledo, i can totally drive people from cleveland to toledo since I am driving my car from madison. That would be one expensive car rental (2 hours) or a waste of a flight and I get super bored driving alone. 🙂
I actually live in Cleveland, and would totally take you up on that, if it weren't for having an interview scheduled on the 14th

Just got my toledo invite email today. Trying to figure out what day will be best to interview.
Invite, OOS and my first invite that is an OOS school. Anyone have any advice for people flying in?
Just to be sure, they snail mail you an interview date or you email them for one?
how are these airplane tickets so absurd???
any better alternative than flying to TOL
any better alternative than flying to TOL
wow, I just looked and they are twice as much as my Pitt tickets (I'm from Chi-town). Closest other major city is Detroit... haven't found any buses/trains yet...how are these airplane tickets so absurd???
any better alternative than flying to TOL
Is there any other airport in Toledo besides TOL? The airfare is just ridiculous....
Is there any other airport in Toledo besides TOL? The airfare is just ridiculous....
Detroit and Cleveland are the two major cities closest to Toledo. Cleveland is a little under 2 hours drive and Detroit is about 1.5 hours (I think.)
Don't know if that helps any.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey is anyone doing case oct 13 and toldeo on oct 15. Cedar Point is midway between the two but I won't go by myself (on the 14th). Any takers??? 😀
Ah if only I had an interview I would absolutely join you 🙂
how are these airplane tickets so absurd???
any better alternative than flying to TOL
I thought you were IS? just drivee
i mean i'm in state, but i actually go to school down in Durham, NC. maybe just fly home in cleveland and drive...I thought you were IS? just drivee
i mean i'm in state, but i actually go to school down in Durham, NC. maybe just fly home in cleveland and drive...
ahh duke might be quite a drive oops
im interviwing on the 19th - flying into detroit on sunday - that was the cheapest option for me
For the 1st question where you have to describe any extenuating circumstances
I got a pretty low verbal score and I was wondering if I should mention that. Frankly I don't even know what I'd say. It seems like I'd just be trying to find an excuse for my poor scores.
I got a pretty low verbal score and I was wondering if I should mention that. Frankly I don't even know what I'd say. It seems like I'd just be trying to find an excuse for my poor scores.
im interviwing on the 19th - flying into detroit on sunday - that was the cheapest option for me
I was thinking of doing the same thing. How are you planning to get to Toledo from Detroit?
i plan on driving from detroit to toledo, staying at a hotel and then going into the interview the next day
direct flights from ny to det are $739
direct flights from ny to det are $739
At Toledo do they have student hosts to stay with?
For the 1st question where you have to describe any extenuating circumstances
I got a pretty low verbal score and I was wondering if I should mention that. Frankly I don't even know what I'd say. It seems like I'd just be trying to find an excuse for my poor scores.
I suppose if you don't have a reason for poor VR performance or general test performance, then you should not mention it.
How broadly is cultural competence defined? Could I talk about an experience where I showed support for the local LGBT community, thereby showing and acceptance, respect, and understanding for that specific community? I think it could be an interesting take on the topic, as long as it falls within the domain of "cultural competence." Any opinions are greatly appreciated! Thanks y'all.
Anyone? Hate to sound desperate for some advice, but I am..
Yes. I think the essay just wants you to talk about an experience where you are helping others out of your ordinary group of people that you normally hang out with. I wrote an essay about volunteering at a carnival for underprivileged children and what I learned about its significance. Go figure, I received an interview! So I think you'll be fine. Hope this helps!Anyone? Hate to sound desperate for some advice, but I am..
i plan on driving from detroit to toledo, staying at a hotel and then going into the interview the next day
direct flights from ny to det are $739
HOLY! I'm not gonna complain about my airfare then....
Yes. I think the essay just wants you to talk about an experience where you are helping others out of your ordinary group of people that you normally hang out with. I wrote an essay about volunteering at a carnival for underprivileged children and what I learned about its significance. Go figure, I received an interview! So I think you'll be fine. Hope this helps!
Thanks!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yea i'm def flying into cleveland. maybe even stay at home and drive up?
2
266202
yea i'm def flying into cleveland. maybe even stay at home and drive up?
i am going to drive and stay at a hotel or something.
Detroit and Cleveland are the two major cities closest to Toledo. Cleveland is a little under 2 hours drive and Detroit is about 1.5 hours (I think.)
Don't know if that helps any.
It's about a 45 minute drive from DTW to UTCOM HSC.
At Toledo do they have student hosts to stay with?
Sandy at the admissions office should be able to tell you if there are any student hosts.
There is a Hilton right on the Health Science Campus. I think that if you call and make your reservation and tell them that you're visiting for a med school admissions interview that they may have reduced rates. The hotel is decent but the food is horrible.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K