* *2009-2010 "What Are My Chances/Where Should I Apply/What Should I Do" * *

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
delete

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I figure Id give it a shot......my gpa is 3.1, MCAT: 31Q......enough ECs and plenty of shadowing, plus a masters in pharmacology.

what are my chances? Enough for an allopathic school? Im hoping its enough for a DO school

First time poster, but I was wondering what you all thought of my chances and if you had any advice on what I should do.

sGPA: 3.4
cGPA: 3.6
MCAT 21N

Major in Physiology, minors in History, Chemistry, and Family Studies and Human Development
1.5 year in Research
Hospice Volunteer
Hospital Volunteer
Founder and President of Junior Honorary
4 years youth mentor volunteer
and a bunch of other random things

I took the MCAT in April and will take it again July 29th. I have my personal statement and everything together. Should i submit to be verified? If so, who should I submit to?

Members don't see this ad :)
First time poster, but I was wondering what you all thought of my chances and if you had any advice on what I should do.

sGPA: 3.4
cGPA: 3.6
MCAT 21N

Major in Physiology, minors in History, Chemistry, and Family Studies and Human Development
1.5 year in Research
Hospice Volunteer
Hospital Volunteer
Founder and President of Junior Honorary
4 years youth mentor volunteer
and a bunch of other random things

I took the MCAT in April and will take it again July 29th. I have my personal statement and everything together. Should i submit to be verified? If so, who should I submit to?

Your MCAT is low, and even if it is even at 7,7,7 its going to put you borderline minimums at quite a few schools. Your GPA looks solid, ECs look good. If you have strong LORs, present yourself well and have a strong PS you have a shot if you can get a better MCAT. If you have the money, I'd submit to wherever you want to apply, look at which schools take lower MCAT or call them and ask. At minimum apply to a couple of low stat schools you'd like to go to to at least get the ball rolling, if you feel confident you did better or will do better on your MCAT apply to the rest of them. If you wait for your new MCAT you won't submit until late August and won't be verified until Late October, aka too late.

I figure Id give it a shot......my gpa is 3.1, MCAT: 31Q......enough ECs and plenty of shadowing, plus a masters in pharmacology.

what are my chances? Enough for an allopathic school? Im hoping its enough for a DO school

Enough for allopathic? unlikely but I wouldn't rule it out. Enough for DO? yes. Do you have an upward trend? High masters GPA? DO schools love their MSs lol

Now that that's cleared up.

This is the wrong thread. Let it DIE! lol Use the new What are my chances subforum found here.

Last edited: