2010-2011 Harvard Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody else get their brochure in the mail today?

I got it yesterday. I'd rather they spent the resources processing my application instead of spamming me glossy marketing junk.

Members don't see this ad.

I got mine too. Its all nice and shiny.

There is no place online to see the completion of your application. You have to email or wait for their email.

Anybody else get their brochure in the mail today?

Ahh yes. I've decided I won't let myself look at the brochure unless I get an interview. No use drowning myself in all the pretty pictures :p.

Anywho, my MCAT scores didn't come in until early September, and I was getting concerned that my app wasn't be marked as complete, so I sent them a VERY NICE email asking if they would pretty please check into the matter. A day later I got a nice response saying I was complete and an official complete email :D.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview this Thursday! Pumped up for it : )

Yeah I got the shiny mail out. Um, hoping it was an interview invite. I like the idea of not reading it until an invite. Full Disclosure: I read the first two pages.

Congrats guys!! Please tell the rest of us when you were complete so that we can have some idea of the wait time! Thanks!

I'm a nontrad re-applicant. For the first essay that asks about "if you are re-applying summarize your activities" does that only apply for people that applied to Harvard before or applied before in general?

I applied thru AMCAS last cycle, but did NOT apply to Harvard last year..

Thanks

about how long is it between when you submit the secondary and when you are complete? Ive been waiting ~6 weeks

about how long is it between when you submit the secondary and when you are complete? Ive been waiting ~6 weeks

I was going to ask the same thing. My recs, which were the last component of my app, were uploaded onto AMCAS on 8/26/10 but haven't heard anything since... is it worth calling?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was going to ask the same thing. My recs, which were the last component of my app, were uploaded onto AMCAS on 8/26/10 but haven't heard anything since... is it worth calling?

I don't think it's worth calling. I had my secondary submitted and my letters in around then (5 days later than you), and I *did* call last week since it had been more than 4 weeks, and as I said before, they really sounded like they didn't want to talk to me. I am sure they are swamped. Maybe wait a couple more weeks before calling-- or try emailing them. They might respond more favorable to an email.

For those of you who just received invites, what dates are they now offering them for? December/January? Just wondering... Thanks!

For those of you who just received invites, what dates are they now offering them for? December/January? Just wondering... Thanks!

So i got a call and i didnt even feel like answering and it was harvard asking me y i never reply to their interview invite??? who wouldn't ?? I never reeceived any email and she says she sent a couple of emails.... still shocked but happy she called!!! she gave me dates in early november to pick from
GL eryone!!!!

So i got a call and i didnt even feel like answering and it was harvard asking me y i never reply to their interview invite??? who wouldn't ?? I never reeceived any email and she says she sent a couple of emails.... still shocked but happy she called!!! she gave me dates in early november to pick from
GL eryone!!!!

What a nice phone call!

What a nice phone call!
Yep almost felt like an acceptance call ... Hopefully that will come in march
Been complete since 9/14 who knows since when the email was sent smh but Nov 1st it is!!!! soooo close

I don't think it's worth calling. I had my secondary submitted and my letters in around then (5 days later than you), and I *did* call last week since it had been more than 4 weeks, and as I said before, they really sounded like they didn't want to talk to me. I am sure they are swamped. Maybe wait a couple more weeks before calling-- or try emailing them. They might respond more favorable to an email.

Hmm....I've been "complete" since 8-24...no response from HMS yet...guessing that a ~3.75 cGPA 3.72 sGPA, and 36R just isn't good enough =(

I feel your pain... I've been complete since 8/13 with a 41 and 4.0 and haven't heard anything at all. I wouldn't stress too much though - the two people I know from my school who got in last year both interviewed pretty late in the season.

I think it might be because I didn't send in recommendations from other labs I worked in.....but we'll see

i got a hst interview invite on thursday and was told to email NP coordinators about coordinating interviews. NP coordinators responded that I won't be getting one.... haha. I was complete mid august so I figured... but I guess to those of you who just want to know like me, they may have already made up their minds :p

i got a hst interview invite on thursday and was told to email NP coordinators about coordinating interviews. NP coordinators responded that I won't be getting one.... haha. I was complete mid august so I figured... but I guess to those of you who just want to know like me, they may have already made up their minds :p
what are you saying? you got an interview or u didnt?

interviewed a few days ago - loved the campus and the students! I hope the love will be reciprocated!

Anyone headed out to HMS for an interview on Oct. 29th? I'm coming all the way from Texas so I plan to get there a day early to check out the campus.

besides derryz, have most people been getting NP interviews?
I applied to both and I'm trying to convince myself that there's still hope in HST, since I've kinda lost it for NP.

NP interview invite today! So stoked!

No word about HST though.

Having to wait until march is going to be crazy.

complete today! submitted around a week and a half ago for those who are wondering about the timeline.

complete today! submitted around a week and a half ago for those who are wondering about the timeline.

It took me 5 weeks to get the complete e-mail and I went here for undergrad, alma mater lurve please?

I have absolutely no idea.
well sometimes they send the complete email without u being complete and they later send another one or two. My friend got a complete email when she was clearly not complete she still needed to mail stuff in. Couple of weeks later she got her real complete email...

finally complete... only took 9 weeks... jeez I dont know what happened

Same here. I guess we need to email HST to get a confirmation of rejection/hold or whatever.

So I emailed HST today and they said my application was not selected for an interview.

<Read subject line above!>

If you are -- then I'll see ya there!! :D

Good luck to everyone, they are still filling up interviews in november if i recall correctly -- so there is plenty of time :)

Good luck to everyone, they are still filling up interviews in november if i recall correctly -- so there is plenty of time :)

Congrats on the interview!

If you don't mind, could you post your stats?

i submitted beginning of september and still haven't heard anything, jlquick
but maybe i was already past up. i have no idea.
i keep checking the forums to see for ppl w/ invites and when they completed.
getting a little nervous waiting around...

I had a similar experience while calling Harvard med on the phone to clarify something. On their website, they state that you must submit recommendation letters from anyone you have ever done research with. This is absolutely absurd and would mean I would have to get 5 additional letters on top of the 5 + committee letter I had. Who would actually read all that anyway?

So I called to ask them about this and the guy was completely rude, told me that I should read the website since it is all there, and did not seem to understand the absurdity of their requirements.

P.S. did anyone actually submit letters from EVERYONE they've ever done research with? i did not....

I thought about that too when I sent in my application. I talked to the associate premed adviser at my school, and she said the committee letter is sufficient for HMS. I'm still wondering if they would disregard someone's application as 'incomplete' if they don't have the required recommendations.

I thought about that too when I sent in my application. I talked to the associate premed adviser at my school, and she said the committee letter is sufficient for HMS. I'm still wondering if they would disregard someone's application as 'incomplete' if they don't have the required recommendations.

I'm interviewin for NP and didn't send letters from all my research mentors so I don't think it's required

Do you mind letting us know when you were complete ? Thanks!

Wow the conversation in this thread is ridiculous. Chill. Send what you can. Don't be so damn neurotic.

It's called the Harvard Application Thread for a reason...you know...the school that's known for really neurotic kids?

If you asked me back in May I probably would have said the same thing...but this entire process is really tiring and has me on edge 24/7

did anyone else receive an email (like a couple of days ago) stating that they have not received the secondary/supplemental application? I got so pissed because I had sent it like 2 months ago and stated that in an e-mail. Fortunately, they responded within ten minutes stating that e-mail was an error.

Sound familiar to anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.