2010-2011 Meharry Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing.... I'm seriously considering registering for a summer mcat review course and taking the mcat (grrrr) again .... Just in case

Nothing.... I'm seriously considering registering for a summer mcat review course and taking the mcat (grrrr) again .... Just in case

LOL! Are you reading my mind?? That's exactly where my head is. I'm trying to figure out what's going on.. This limbo thing really bites.:confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone been able to get in touch with Mr. Mosley and/or the Admissions office, either through phone or email? I called Mr. Mosley yesterday, with no response. I was a little surprised.

Has anyone been able to get in touch with Mr. Mosley and/or the Admissions office, either through phone or email? I called Mr. Mosley yesterday, with no response. I was a little surprised.

I talked to him last Wednsday....I know they had graduation last week which is why I'm thinking we haven't heard any news...But for sure we should know something soon....*furrows brow*

I talked to him last Wednsday....I know they had graduation last week which is why I'm thinking we haven't heard any news...But for sure we should know something soon....*furrows brow*

I sincerely hope and pray so.:xf:

Spoke with Mr. Mosely on Friday. I think it all depends on what time you call him. Between 2 and 3 their time seems to be best. I don't know what to think anymore. I am checking numerous schools just to get a picture of overall waitlist movement and I'm not seeing much anywhere. It worries me that this may be one of those years with little to no waitlist movement.

It's been awhile since I took MCAT so to even think about having to start studying from scratch again this much later definitely has me nervous. :(

I can't believe that we have only seen 2 acceptance posts since before May 15th. Either the majority of applicants are not on SDN this year or there is nooo movement. :scared:

Spoke with Mr. Mosely on Friday. I think it all depends on what time you call him. Between 2 and 3 their time seems to be best. I don't know what to think anymore. I am checking numerous schools just to get a picture of overall waitlist movement and I'm not seeing much anywhere. It worries me that this may be one of those years with little to no waitlist movement.

It's been awhile since I took MCAT so to even think about having to start studying from scratch again this much later definitely has me nervous. :(

I can't believe that we have only seen 2 acceptance posts since before May 15th. Either the majority of applicants are not on SDN this year or there is nooo movement. :scared:

I'm worried about re-taking the MCAT again myself....it's all very nerve-wracking. I'm guessing Mr. Mosley didn't have anything new to say concerning waitlist movement?

I'm worried about re-taking the MCAT again myself....it's all very nerve-wracking. I'm guessing Mr. Mosley didn't have anything new to say concerning waitlist movement?

Nothing new which is why I didn't post anything originally. He did look me up then told me he couldn't tell me anything specific but that they were getting closer. To me that could mean two to twenty people ahead of me, which didn't help at all. I started asking if waitlist movement was poor relative to other years would they consider us for post bac. He said that was something completely separate and then repeated without being specific they were getting closer. I guess that was supposed to encourage me but even if I was within the next 5 people we have seen so few withdrawals that I am starting to lose hope.

It sounded at first like those on HP list had a really good shot at getting in but with so few withdrawals this late in the game I don't see how that is going to happen. I wish I atleast knew how many off the list had already gotten in. It would be nice to know there's only 10 more left or something like that.

Nothing new which is why I didn't post anything originally. He did look me up then told me he couldn't tell me anything specific but that they were getting closer. To me that could mean two to twenty people ahead of me, which didn't help at all.
I started asking if waitlist movement was poor relative to other years would they consider us for post bac. He said that was something completely separate and then repeated without being specific they were getting closer. I guess that was supposed to encourage me but even if I was within the next 5 people we have seen so few withdrawals that I am starting to lose hope.

It sounded at first like those on HP list had a really good shot at getting in but with so few withdrawals this late in the game I don't see how that is going to happen. I wish I atleast knew how many off the list had already gotten in. It would be nice to know there's only 10 more left or something like that.

Just a random tidbit. IDK if this helps our nerves or not....But they haven't even told the PostBaccs from this past yr who is in the first year class or not. They're suppposed to hear around the end of next week. And I know that not all of them always get accepted through loopholes and other stuff. Sooooooo this means there's possible hope here. This could be a reason why we haven't heard anything bc admissions doesn't really know what's goin on yet...:xf:

Just a random tidbit. IDK if this helps our nerves or not....But they haven't even told the PostBaccs from this past yr who is in the first year class or not. They're suppposed to hear around the end of next week. And I know that not all of them always get accepted through loopholes and other stuff. Sooooooo this means there's possible hope here. This could be a reason why we haven't heard anything bc admissions doesn't really know what's goin on yet...:xf:
So they DO know who is on which priority list?? Did you just call and ask Brooke2008 and they told you if you were High Priority or Regular Priority?

Destined2BDr

So they DO know who is on which priority list?? Did you just call and ask Brooke2008 and they told you if you were High Priority or Regular Priority?

The speculation is that if you received an email saying that you were somewhere within the top 10% then you are on the high priority list. As far as I know no one from the school has officially confirmed this. When I usually call I tell him I am in top 10% but this was the first time he actually looked up my position and like I said he did not give specifics of my placement. There have also been numerous posts from others confirming that there were approximately 20 people on the HP list. Hope that helps answer your question.

Members don't see this ad :)
I talked to Mrs. Davis today. She says that Mr. Mosley is out of the office until Tuesday. She also said she couldn't give me an answer on my post bacc status but phone calls and emails are due to start early next week. So I'm guessing it's another waiting game until Tuesday, at least.

Although I've been reading the stuff posted on this thread for some time now I just now got the courage to post.

Like the rest of you I'm also currently waitlisted (top 10%) which in other years would have given me more hope since it seems like there's been almost no movement this year. Anyways, I've talked to Mr. Mosley at least once every week for the last few weeks and here is what I know. Actually, I was able to get a hold of him today by calling him on his cell phone and he gave some nice info.

There are two waitlist: the high waitlist and the regular waitlist. If you got an email stating that you were placed in the top 10% of the waitlist then you are currently on the high waitlist. He confirmed this today and he also called it the "right" waitlist which I assume meant that those on this list still have a chance.

If accepted you'll be notified by phone, email, and a letter in the mail.

To begin with there were about 200 people on the waitlist including those on the high waitlist and regular. He told me that currently there are 15 people still on the high waitlist from the approximately 20 that were originally on this list. He said the last day we could be notified of the school's decision would be on June 24th which is the Friday before summer classes start.

Hope this helps.

Although I've been reading the stuff posted on this thread for some time now I just now got the courage to post.

Like the rest of you I'm also currently waitlisted (top 10%) which in other years would have given me more hope since it seems like there's been almost no movement this year. Anyways, I've talked to Mr. Mosley at least once every week for the last few weeks and here is what I know. Actually, I was able to get a hold of him today by calling him on his cell phone and he gave some nice info.

There are two waitlist: the high waitlist and the regular waitlist. If you got an email stating that you were placed in the top 10% of the waitlist then you are currently on the high waitlist. He confirmed this today and he also called it the "right" waitlist which I assume meant that those on this list still have a chance.

If accepted you'll be notified by phone, email, and a letter in the mail.

To begin with there were about 200 people on the waitlist including those on the high waitlist and regular. He told me that currently there are 15 people still on the high waitlist from the approximately 20 that were originally on this list. He said the last day we could be notified of the school's decision would be on June 24th which is the Friday before summer classes start.

Hope this helps.

Guess that confirms that the waitlist movement is really slow this year. Its safe to say that a good number of those pulled off have already posted about it. Might be time to start rethinking battle plans...

It's true - it doesn't look too great...but let's see what happens by the end of next week. Brooke2008 mentioned that not all of the postbaccs got a seat in the class - how many postbacc students are there to begin with?

And, if Mr. Mosley is calling HP the "right" list...maybe, just maybe, there is a chance? At the very least, I would hope that he wouldn't tell us information to raise our hopes falsely. *shrugs*

From somebody who went threw this last year, Mr.Mosley's not a liar but at the same time he does give out varying information. At this point I would start making other plans, especially if your not on the high priority waitlist.

It's true - it doesn't look too great...but let's see what happens by the end of next week. Brooke2008 mentioned that not all of the postbaccs got a seat in the class - how many postbacc students are there to begin with?

And, if Mr. Mosley is calling HP the "right" list...maybe, just maybe, there is a chance? At the very least, I would hope that he wouldn't tell us information to raise our hopes falsely. *shrugs*

Thanks Chicarito for confirming the info we had been speculating about and for giving us specific info on how many people had been pulled off the list thus far. I think that really puts things into perspective for alot of us.

I remember being told when I interviewed that 40 held multiple acceptances, so the fact that only 5 have come off the list means they must have way overfilled the class initially.

Don't know if there is much hope with the post bac situation opening up spots for us. I would assume that they factored in the performance of the post bacs before overfilling the class so they wouldn't be stuck in a bad situation later. Only time will tell. With this new info I am pretty much giving up hope for this year. I can't see to many other people withdrawing this close to start of classes. :(

Does anyone know anyone to contact at Meharry. I plan to apply next year 2012, but I want to get advice on if I'm a good candidate as Meharry is my first choice, so if I can improve my app to have a better chance when I apply I would like to. If you can pm me or you can add it to the thread with contact information as well as tips and advice for this school it would be greatly appreciated. I know we have medical students currently going there, and others who have gone through the process, so feel free to chime in.

Sorry to come onto this thread and ask, but I tried Underrepresented and it did not help at all, and who better to ask. For all who have made it and all who are still waiting don't give up and good luck!!

Last edited:
Did anyone get a top 5% email this year. I know that last year there were both top 5% and 10% emails sent out. I didn't see anyone mention 5% so far. Just curious.

The postbacc class is usually made up of 20 students.

Back from the brink of despair and I am amped up and feeling positive again. I have a feeling that we may get some good news this week. Took what everyone said about not all post bacs getting in to heart. I am renewing my prayers for all of us. This was the only school that I actually had a dream that I got accepted to and I just can't let that feeling go. Keep your heads up everyone, God is smiling on us!
:xf::luck::xf::luck:

Well I have some! I just heard back from Dr. Williams about post baccalaureate program at Meharry! But it starts 6/13/11!! :-O and I have limited resources! I don't know what to do! Plus, I'm waiting to hear back from MEDPATH in Ohio State and GEMS in Georgetown!

What should I do Student Doctor Network??? :scared:/ :soexcited:

Well I have some! I just heard back from Dr. Williams about post baccalaureate program at Meharry! But it starts 6/13/11!! :-O and I have limited resources! I don't know what to do! Plus, I'm waiting to hear back from MEDPATH in Ohio State and GEMS in Georgetown!

First, congrats on getting into the post-bacc program!:) Second, my humble advice: a bird in hand...Accept the offer of admission at MMC, and for the time being, make those limited resources work for you. If and when the other two programs send word (assuming you would prefer to attend those programs over MMC), then accept their offers, and withdraw from MMC. Simple. Again, congrats!!

For the folks still waiting for news (esp. dr.jenjen and havetobeadoc), I'm praying for you guys!! Stay strong and Keep the faith!!:luck::xf::luck:

First, congrats on getting into the post-bacc program!:) Second, my humble advice: a bird in hand...Accept the offer of admission at MMC, and for the time being, make those limited resources work for you. If and when the other two programs send word (assuming you would prefer to attend those programs over MMC), then accept their offers, and withdraw from MMC. Simple. Again, congrats!!

For the folks still waiting for news (esp. dr.jenjen and havetobeadoc), I'm praying for you guys!! Stay strong and Keep the faith!!:luck::xf::luck:

Welcome back scrubs. Thanks for the prayers. Did you get accepted somewhere???? ;)

Congratulations on your good news!!! My only advice is to pray. If it is meant to be, no matter how unlikely your situation, everything will fall into place even with limited resources. I agree with pair of scrubs, at this point you can only plan based on the acceptance you currently have. Accept it and if something better comes along later, worry about it then.

Welcome back scrubs. Thanks for the prayers. Did you get accepted somewhere???? ;)

Thanks! No worries, I'm really pulling for you! :xf::xf::xf:

I did; God has blessed me with a few acceptances. I've decided to attend school in my homestate of NY (NYMC). I am so very excited! :D

Thanx for ur prayers! I appreciate the support!

I just got the call for the Post Bac. I'm in. :D:D:D Good luck to everyone else waiting :xf:

Thanks! No worries, I'm really pulling for you! :xf::xf::xf:

I did; God has blessed me with a few acceptances. I've decided to attend school in my homestate of NY (NYMC). I am so very excited! :D

Congrats!!! PM'd you.

I just got the call for the Post Bac. I'm in. :D:D:D Good luck to everyone else waiting :xf:

That's awesome!!! Congrats. Slowly but surely news is going out. They must have had an Adcom meeting today. Hopefully it was to decide the post bacs as well as finalize which of the current postbacs will be matriculating this year. Maybe we will hear some news on Friday about open spots
:xf::xf::xf:

anybody from the waitlist find out they got in? I am so blessed that I received my acceptance from Meharry. Anybody else?

Good luck to everybody else!

Thank you pairofscrubs for the advice! I appreciate it :)

anybody from the waitlist find out they got in? I am so blessed that I received my acceptance from Meharry. Anybody else?

Congratulations to you!!!! This means things may be moving! If you don't mind sharing, when did you interview? Did Mr. Mosley call you personally?

Sorry to be so inquisitive - just looking for any tidbits of info that might give us a better picture on if/when to expect some good news. :)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! So nice to hear that someone got in recently. I knew someone would get good news this week. Hold tight everyone, the list is moving. Out of curiosity did you get a 5% or 10% email?

Good news!!! Mr. Mosley called me this morning (8 am) to inform me that I've been pulled off the waitlist! A few hours later I received financial aid info in an email. I interviewed March 7th and was waitlisted 3/29. I had already started on the 2012 AAMCAS and scheduled the MCAT. I'm still stunned as I'm typing this and I hope it encourages everyone else! Thank you all for your support! All the best! :)

Good news!!! Mr. Mosley called me this morning (8 am) to inform me that I've been pulled off the waitlist! A few hours later I received financial aid info in an email. I interviewed March 7th and was waitlisted 3/29. I had already started on the 2012 AAMCAS and scheduled the MCAT. I'm still stunned as I'm typing this and I hope it encourages everyone else! Thank you all for your support! All the best! :)
Major Congrats!!!! See you in class:thumbup:

God blessed me in a different way. I got into one of my state school's postbacc/medical school, and I have committed to go there! Even if I got into Meharry I think staying closer to home will financially make more sense. Good luck to everyone else!

Congrats.... start planning your move... orientation starts in 3wks.

OMG, Congratulations!!! It is sooo awesome that you got in. I am so glad to see that the waitlist IS moving and also that people from SDN are getting in. You must be so excited.

Spoke with Mr. Mosley today...no new info. He looked me up and said they were "getting closer" to my name, which I believe is the same thing he told drjenjen. I'm going to be optimistic, especially since we've seen a little movement recently...but if this week goes by with no news...*sighs*

Spoke with Mr. Mosley today...no new info. He looked me up and said they were "getting closer" to my name, which I believe is the same thing he told drjenjen. I'm going to be optimistic, especially since we've seen a little movement recently...but if this week goes by with no news...*sighs*

Yeah, I called again on Friday and he looked me up and kind of said the same thing again and that there was still a chance. Sadly it makes me feel the opposite that there are a million people ahead of me. Good luck anyway MD2B :luck:

God blessed me in a different way. I got into one of my state school's postbacc/medical school, and I have committed to go there! Even if I got into Meharry I think staying closer to home will financially make more sense. Good luck to everyone else!

Congrats!!! Glad to hear you and other SDNers are getting good news.

Yeah, I called again on Friday and he looked me up and kind of said the same thing again and that there was still a chance. Sadly it makes me feel the opposite that there are a million people ahead of me. Good luck anyway MD2B :luck:

Good luck to you as well, drjenjen! :luck: :thumbup:

First off CONGRATULATIONS to all of those accepted into the post bacc or pulled off of the waitlist within the past few wks :claps:

I'm personally a victim of the "regular waitlist"/"alternate list", so things aren't looking too bright from this end because according to Mr. Mosley everyone from high priority hasn't been pulled yet :(. I just wanted to know who else on here is apart of the regular waitlist and how many High priority people on here haven't heard anything yet. Numbers help me keep a bit of hope. Thanks in advance guys!

First off CONGRATULATIONS to all of those accepted into the post bacc or pulled off of the waitlist within the past few wks :claps:

I'm personally a victim of the "regular waitlist"/"alternate list", so things aren't looking too bright from this end because according to Mr. Mosley everyone from high priority hasn't been pulled yet :(. I just wanted to know who else on here is apart of the regular waitlist and how many High priority people on here haven't heard anything yet. Numbers help me keep a bit of hope. Thanks in advance guys!

I'm also a victim of the "regular waitlist"/"alternate list" .....*DEEP SIGH* I've almost completely given up, but not yet. I talked to Mr. Mosely last wk and he said there were still a few ppl left on the HP list...How many a few is? IDK...But definitely feeling all the discouragement right about now.

I'm HP, and I haven't heard yet. Trying to keep hope alive, though! Did you speak with Mr. Mosley recently? Did he have anything specific to say in terms of the list movement?

Status
Not open for further replies.