2010-2011 Texas Tech (Lubbock) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to bump this thread with some good news. Just got in from the waitlist!!!:D

Awesome!!! :) Congrats! How did you find out?

Members don't see this ad.

Time to bump this thread with some good news. Just got in from the waitlist!!!:D

Congrats! Im super jealous!! I just want to ask for curiosity sake, but you weren't part of the A&M stuff right? Like you were a legit waitlist candidate? Again congrats!

Members don't see this ad :)
Also, I was wondering. I've been holding a spot at TCOM but ranked tech higher. now that i'm accepted from the waitlist and will be holding the spot at tech, does that automatically withdraw me from TCOM or do I have to call/email them to withdraw myself. I'm really happy I got a place at texas tech and would like to let go of my seat at TCOM ASAP so that someone who really wants it can have it.

Also, I was wondering. I've been holding a spot at TCOM but ranked tech higher. now that i'm accepted from the waitlist and will be holding the spot at tech, does that automatically withdraw me from TCOM or do I have to call/email them to withdraw myself. I'm really happy I got a place at texas tech and would like to let go of my seat at TCOM ASAP so that someone who really wants it can have it.
Probably have to call TCOM.

And congrats! Hopefully this means the waitlists at other schools are going to start moving as well.

Praise the Lord! I got a call from Linda Prado a little while ago offering me a spot off of the waitlist. I was so excited that I must have sounded giddy to her. I hope others receive equally exciting news soon.

Praise the Lord! I got a call from Linda Prado a little while ago offering me a spot off of the waitlist. I was so excited that I must have sounded giddy to her. I hope others receive equally exciting news soon.

Congrats! Hope I'm not too far away...

Congrats! I'm glad others are getting good news too!

Same lol, got a call yesterday too.
Now to decide... UTMB or TTHSC >_<

Update: I received a scholarship from Texas Tech a few days ago. I was kinda stunned.
Texas Tech, here I come!!

Last edited:
Has anyone received word on the MD/MBA program lately? I called last week and Mr. Perez told me that they have some spots still available for this program, but it is now May 2nd, and someone from admissions had told me months ago that May 1st was their own deadline for giving out acceptances for this program... Starting to get worried... :scared: I really really want to get into this program...

I just withdrew my acceptance. Best of luck to those on the waitlist!

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys,

does anyone remember what they said about the new building being built next to the SOM?

hey guys,

does anyone remember what they said about the new building being built next to the SOM?

They are expanding the hospital (UMC) with a new wing, a lot of pediatric stuff, etc. other than that there hasn't been much construction around the school in the past year.

If we are currently on the alternate list and haven't heard anything, is it unlikely at this point to be selected?

last year the waitlist didnt start moving until may 20, and there was plenty of movement after that day. dont start worrying just yet

last year the waitlist didnt start moving until may 20, and there was plenty of movement after that day. dont start worrying just yet

Hi Rayfar: any idea as to how many people from waitlist got selected last year...

Got taken off the waitlist today! And apparently I had a spot with A&M that I was never told about(she said I have had a spot for a couple weeks). Weird.

When is the first class day? where do I go regarding financial aide?

Mood: ECSTATIC!:)

So when are immunization records due? What exact shots does the med school require for the records to be sent off? Do I need to order my white coat?

Just withdrew from tech, hoping one of you gets that spot!

So when are immunization records due? What exact shots does the med school require for the records to be sent off? Do I need to order my white coat?

Here is my experience (I'm an MSII)- orientation is the last week of July with classes starting around Aug 1st. Also that last Friday night of July should be your white coat ceremony so you might let family know.

You will get paperwork mailed to you upon acceptance with info on:

~ordering the white coat- you just have to return a form with your size ~financial aid- you should submit FAFSA if you haven't already and you can look up Tech's code- make sure it is sent to HSC and not just TTU!
~immunizations- you will have to have immunizations (I can't remeber which ones specifically because I have had everything imaginable from international travel) and also need to get titers drawn for several things which can be done with your PCP of at Tech- you pay at Tech but it is usually cheaper.
~other things- do you want a big sib, campus assignments (though they might have changed that process I know it was being debated), etc.

I would say the thing you want to jump on right now is finding an apartment or other form of housing- Tech is a college town so pretty much all the complexes pre-lease and some fill up fast. There are some references to apartment suggestions earlier in the thread.

Congrats on the acceptance- Tech is an amazing school!

Well, I am officially out of the MD/MBA applicant pool and I have now been moved to the MD waitlist. I spoke with Perez yesterday and he confirmed that they will not be accepting any more MD/MBA people. He also said the waitlist will be moving again soon. :) That was the only good news I got yesterday...

Ugh, I just got the info packet today and the campus preference form was due back in APRIL. Can I still have the opportunity to go to the Lubbock campus?

Ugh, I just got the info packet today and the campus preference form was due back in APRIL. Can I still have the opportunity to go to the Lubbock campus?

You can put Lubbock and see- there were a few random people without reasons (family, spouse working, etc) in my class that got Lubbock but I have no idea when they submitted that form. Also, there is a campus reassignment process that takes place during MSII if you really want a change (no guarentees on a change and you won't lose your original assignment if you don't want to) All the campuses have advantages and disadvantages. I move to Amarillo in a month for my clearkships and can't wait!

Just got a call from Mrs. Prado letting me know that I was accepted off the waitlist! (one day after submitting my 2011 re-application).

She said the waitlist will continue to move all the way till matriculation. I wish everyone on the waitlist the very best.

Last edited:
I'll be withdrawing my acceptance at Texas Tech Lubbock today (in-state applicant). Hope someone here gets it!

Well I think I may have gotten your spot. Got a call from admissiOns yesterday! What a surprise! Very excited but I feel so behind already.

Well I think I may have gotten your spot. Got a call from admissiOns yesterday! What a surprise! Very excited but I feel so behind already.

:thumbup:

Yeah, have fun filling out and turning in all the forms. It's funny, they all say due by April 1st or something "early" like that :D

Hi guys,

For those of you getting acceptance letters and those getting waitlisted: can you please post up your stats??

I just received my MCAT score... a dissappointing 25 (GPA 3.75) and don't know what to do... should i retake or just apply? more importantly, if i retake is my score going to show an improvement in just a month's time?

I really need some advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.