2010 Acceptance & Waitlist Thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my virgin post... I'm finally unlurking to express my extreme happiness for getting in to the Yeshiva-Ferkauf PhD Clinical Health Emphasis program!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My first acceptance!!:love::p:soexcited::woot:

Congrats!!!! was this a mass e-mail acceptance?

Members don't see this ad.

so i am wondering what is the appropriate thing to do when you get an offer but are not sure yet if you are going to accept it? do you email them back? what do you even say? what is the appropriate way to say, "i am still waiting on other offers?" how has everyone else been handling this?

I think someone started a thread for that. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
so i am wondering what is the appropriate thing to do when you get an offer but are not sure yet if you are going to accept it? do you email them back? what do you even say? what is the appropriate way to say, "i am still waiting on other offers?" how has everyone else been handling this?

Try this:

"I would like to thank you for your interest, and for the offer to attend __________'s clinical psychology program. I have forwarded your letter to the offer acceptance committee for its consideration, and you will be notified of its decision shortly. Your offer is highly qualified for acceptance, but please be aware that due to the high number of applications that I submitted this year and my inability to attend multiple programs, I cannot accept all of the offers that are extended. Best of luck: I am sure that you will find a doctoral candidate this year."

Has anyone heard about their PsyD Clinical program??? If they are starting to give out answers I should start to get nervous.....
please have mercy on this poor student and tell if you heard any information from Yeshiva!:rolleyes:

Try this:

"I would like to thank you for your interest, and for the offer to attend __________'s clinical psychology program. I have forwarded your letter to the offer acceptance committee for its consideration, and you will be notified of its decision shortly. Your offer is highly qualified for acceptance, but please be aware that due to the high number of applications that I submitted this year and my inability to attend multiple programs, I cannot accept all of the offers that are extended. Best of luck: I am sure that you will find a doctoral candidate this year."

AH-mazing! :clap:

Try this:

If this were a facebook status, I would "like" it. : P

When did you interview?

I really, really, really would like to know if it was a mass email invite and when the interviews took place. Please PM me if you don't want to post here.

Thanks!

I really, really, really would like to know if it was a mass email invite and when the interviews took place. Please PM me if you don't want to post here.

Thanks!

Hi, I was interviewed on Feb 1...also it was not a mass email. Hope this helps!

Hi,
I just got off the phone with the admissions department at Yeshiva and they said they have started reviewing files (obviously) but they are not done. They still have several more applicants to look at and everyone should know something within the next two weeks.

Hi,
I just got off the phone with the admissions department at Yeshiva and they said they have started reviewing files (obviously) but they are not done. They still have several more applicants to look at and everyone should know something within the next two weeks.

Thanks for the info!!!

Has anyone heard about their PsyD Clinical program??? If they are starting to give out answers I should start to get nervous.....
please have mercy on this poor student and tell if you heard any information from Yeshiva!:rolleyes:

Hey! I just got an email from Yeshiva (Clinical Psy.D) program this morning (3/4) saying:

At the present moment you are still under consideration for a doctoral program at the Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology. This status is still effective and pending.

So I guess this means they're still looking over applications.. I know for a fact they extended their interview dates for March 11th.. (but then again, when I called them two weeks ago.. their supposed FINAL interview date was like Feb 27th) so.. keep your fingers crossed!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! I just got an email from Yeshiva (Clinical Psy.D) program this morning (3/4) saying:

At the present moment you are still under consideration for a doctoral program at the Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology. This status is still effective and pending.

So I guess this means they're still looking over applications.. I know for a fact they extended their interview dates for March 11th.. (but then again, when I called them two weeks ago.. their supposed FINAL interview date was like Feb 27th) so.. keep your fingers crossed!!

This means that if we haven't heard anything yet we are still under consideration??? why interview so late??? Yes, there were storms but there were plenty of "snow-free days" here...
The suspense is really getting to me! Its like a really good mystery novel, but I can't turn to the last page to find out whodunit.

Congrats!!!! was this a mass e-mail acceptance?

I interviewed on February 3rd and no it wasn't a mass e-mail so good luck to you!!!! It sounds like from other posters that maybe they are going in order of interview date for deciding? Since someone from the 2/2 and the 2/3 interview dates have gotten acceptance dates. I wish everyone waiting on the Ferkauf PhD the best of luck!!!:luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck:

Has anyone heard from the combined school clinical program? I interviewed February 4th and it is my top choice. I've heard of only one person hearing after a few days after their interview. But they interviewed 2 weeks after me and with the same person. I'm going crazy here.

Hello-
I contacted admissions this morning, interviewed Feb 17th - I was told faculty still has not met to review files and made decisions..this would be happening within a few weeks - at latest April 1st.

Oh the agony!
I am also waiting on a department review. However, the delay in my application might be due to a funding issue for my particular research topic. Who knows? I received funding to travel to this institution and meet with them directly. Also, it was suggested I do so (from one of my professors who says, "why not?"). I am torn because this is such a delicate process and do not want to destroy my opportunity. What to do?

Has anyone heard from the combined school clinical program? I interviewed February 4th and it is my top choice. I've heard of only one person hearing after a few days after their interview. But they interviewed 2 weeks after me and with the same person. I'm going crazy here.

I emailed admissions yesterday and they stated that my application is still under consideration, so I guess they haven't made a lot of decisions yet. I interviewed on their first interview date.

I emailed admissions yesterday and they stated that my application is still under consideration, so I guess they haven't made a lot of decisions yet. I interviewed on their first interview date.

I believe I interviewed on the first date also. I'm going crazy. Its been a month. Why cant they just let people know on a rolling basis. It would also save me from having to go on more interviews since I know they are my first choice.

Try this:

= epically awesome

So glad the programs I interviewed at didn't make me wait too long. The rejection to my top program (bummer) was offset by offers to two of my top 5. UMBC and UMKC both calls from POIs in a 24hr period. I'm fortunate to have this problem of being able to choose, but tough decision ahead.

Do folks normally wait until they get official letters in writing before removing yourself from consideration to other schools or is word from POI in phone call official? I don't want to remove myself from the other schools I interviewed at until I know for sure what I'm being offered. Am I "breaking" the rules if I have two (yet to be letter-official) offers and haven't removed myself from consideration from other schools (post-interview schools)? Is there a guideline somewhere someone can point me to to get this information? Since I don't have offers yet to the other schools, I guess this isn't really a problem?

Good luck to everyone throughout this process. I'm a second-timer (3 years apart) so it's a relief that these 3 years paid off.

So glad the programs I interviewed at didn't make me wait too long. The rejection to my top program (bummer) was offset by offers to two of my top 5. UMBC and UMKC both calls from POIs in a 24hr period. I'm fortunate to have this problem of being able to choose, but tough decision ahead.

Do folks normally wait until they get official letters in writing before removing yourself from consideration to other schools or is word from POI in phone call official? I don't want to remove myself from the other schools I interviewed at until I know for sure what I'm being offered. Am I "breaking" the rules if I have two (yet to be letter-official) offers and haven't removed myself from consideration from other schools (post-interview schools)? Is there a guideline somewhere someone can point me to to get this information? Since I don't have offers yet to the other schools, I guess this isn't really a problem?

Good luck to everyone throughout this process. I'm a second-timer (3 years apart) so it's a relief that these 3 years paid off.

It's not official until you get it in writing, so no worries there. : )

If I recall, the guidelines don't state anything about what constitutes an official acceptance, but it is generally regarded that an official acceptance is received in writing.

The guidelines are posted many places on this board. Just search "Guidelines", and you should find them. : )

I got a phone call yesterday from Kent State to let me know that I've been accepted!!!!

After applying last year to 9 schools with no interview and this year to 11 schools with only one interview, I am so incredibly relieved! It's so true that all it takes is one! :)

Best of luck to everyone who is still waiting! This process really is the worst, but it is SO worth it in the end, even if it takes a while. Hopefully my employer and co-workers understand, since I had a total freak-out yesterday at work when I got the call and bawled my eyes out for about 10 minutes!

I got a phone call yesterday from Kent State to let me know that I've been accepted!!!!

After applying last year to 9 schools with no interview and this year to 11 schools with only one interview, I am so incredibly relieved! It's so true that all it takes is one! :)

Best of luck to everyone who is still waiting! This process really is the worst, but it is SO worth it in the end, even if it takes a while. Hopefully my employer and co-workers understand, since I had a total freak-out yesterday at work when I got the call and bawled my eyes out for about 10 minutes!

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you!

I was just informed that I am the "first alternate" for one of the labs at Drexel. He has made an offer to someone else and is waiting for her reply......ugh more waiting :(

Acceptance via email. Apparentally one of the hot chicks decided to give this dweeb a chance. Now she has to wait and see if I'll go out with her. Mwuhaha

It's not official until you get it in writing, so no worries there. : )

If I recall, the guidelines don't state anything about what constitutes an official acceptance, but it is generally regarded that an official acceptance is received in writing.

The guidelines are posted many places on this board. Just search "Guidelines", and you should find them. : )

Thanks Jezebel.. was able to find them.

I know the feeling! My heart was POUNDING when I opened the email from my top POI making me my offer. This has been a very emotional few weeks. Congrats!

I've decided on Ball State's Phd School Psych program to attend next fall after learning of my acceptance last tuesday:):D:D!! Anyone else attending there next fall? Can PM me if you want

So word on the street is that the profs from my top choice met yesterday in order to choose who gets the golden ticket. Now I can't stop refreshing my email, checking studentdoctor and the grad cafe. LE SIGH

So word on the street is that the profs from my top choice met yesterday in order to choose who gets the golden ticket. Now I can't stop refreshing my email, checking studentdoctor and the grad cafe. LE SIGH

Mind if I ask what school is your top choice? PM if you like, please. :)

If anyone doesn't want to accept Temple's offer, let em know so the hamster can have a chance !:whistle:

Has anyone heard a peep from Boston University post interviews? :xf:

wow. that is great news!

hey! do you mind pm-ing me your POI for umbc? if not its cool, just curious :)

I am going to be applying next fall. I am planning to apply to school psychology programs. I see that one of my programs of interest is listed under the interviews and acceptances threads.

Question--for those of you who interviewed and/or accepted at Indiana University's school psych. prog., what did you think about it? I would appreicate it if you could pm me your thoughts on the prog.

Thanks.

I was just informed that I am the "first alternate" for one of the labs at Drexel. He has made an offer to someone else and is waiting for her reply......ugh more waiting :(

congrats either way though! Heilbrun, right?

Its Columbia TC Counseling

Ahhh I applied to that program too! I think i saw on grad cafe that people received rejections so maybe no news is good news? When I interviewed on Saturday they said that they should be sending out acceptance/waitlist emails either this week or on Monday because of some conference. Hope that helps!

I interviewed on February 3rd and no it wasn't a mass e-mail so good luck to you!!!! It sounds like from other posters that maybe they are going in order of interview date for deciding? Since someone from the 2/2 and the 2/3 interview dates have gotten acceptance dates. I wish everyone waiting on the Ferkauf PhD the best of luck!!!:luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck:

I interviewed February 17th, and I was accepted yesterday. BTW, Yeshiva has funding for Black and Hispanic students.

Anyone hear from TC and CUNY post interview. The wait is killing me

I interviewed February 17th, and I was accepted yesterday. BTW, Yeshiva has funding for Black and Hispanic students.

Anyone hear from TC and CUNY post interview. The wait is killing me

oops well there goes that theory, this is what I get for making wild guesses :oops:

I am waiting on CUNY post interview too...some people on SDN have already heard but it sounds like a lot of people are waiting too so maybe there is hope! :xf:

oops well there goes that theory, this is what I get for making wild guesses :oops:

I am waiting on CUNY post interview too...some people on SDN have already heard but it sounds like a lot of people are waiting too so maybe there is hope! :xf:

Really? They heard from CUNY-Clinical Psych (not Forensic or Queens) post interview???

congrats either way though! Heilbrun, right?

Actually DeMatteo although I did not interview with him - we ended up doing a short phone interview after the interview day. Thank you for the congrats though :)

if anyone happens to be the lucky person with the offer and would like to share their current thoughts on the offer (no pressure - I'm just wondering if I have a shot in hell or not haha) I would appreciate it - PM me if you would like!

Really? They heard from CUNY-Clinical Psych (not Forensic or Queens) post interview???

Yeah if you check Grad cafe there are a couple posts for the clinical psych CUNY (not forensic or queens) and there are one or two posts in this thread and I think a post in the thread with CUNY in the title (along with three other schools).

If I remember correctly one person at least was called last week (like Thursday or Friday) and then there were two people that were called on Sunday (one acceptance, one waitlist). Another person said they talked to two people at their interview on Monday that had gotten accepted already.

All that I can really tell from this is that they were called on different days so it is possible they haven't called everyone yet. I am hoping hard. PM me if you want to chat more about it

Yeah if you check Grad cafe there are a couple posts for the clinical psych CUNY (not forensic or queens) and there are one or two posts in this thread and I think a post in the thread with CUNY in the title (along with three other schools).

If I remember correctly one person at least was called last week (like Thursday or Friday) and then there were two people that were called on Sunday (one acceptance, one waitlist). Another person said they talked to two people at their interview on Monday that had gotten accepted already.

All that I can really tell from this is that they were called on different days so it is possible they haven't called everyone yet. I am hoping hard. PM me if you want to chat more about it

Thanks! I'm hoping too, but as a coping mechanism, I'll just assume I didn't get accepted to CUNY. Anyway. Time tells all stories, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.