2010 Acceptance & Waitlist Thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is a shot in the dark, but would whoever got the u denver child clinical phd offers mind PMing me your POI, or I can tell you mine... I'd be forever grateful...

Members don't see this ad.

Ahhh I applied to that program too! I think i saw on grad cafe that people received rejections so maybe no news is good news? When I interviewed on Saturday they said that they should be sending out acceptance/waitlist emails either this week or on Monday because of some conference. Hope that helps!

Yeah, I interviewed with them last Thursday and I heard something similar... hence why I'm obsessively checking my email! I saw the same thing on the grad cafe but I wish I knew whether or not those people had interviews or not! Arg. Well here's to hoping!:xf:

Thanks! I'm hoping too, but as a coping mechanism, I'll just assume I didn't get accepted to CUNY. Anyway. Time tells all stories, lol.

Well, as a last measure, I'll call the school tomorrow & inquire if they've completed acceptance offers...but, I hate to sound like a nagging applicant. So, maybe I'll just wait it out with whoever else hasn't heard from CUNY post-interview.:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, as a last measure, I'll call the school tomorrow & inquire if they've completed acceptance offers...but, I hate to sound like a nagging applicant. So, maybe I'll just wait it out with whoever else hasn't heard from CUNY post-interview.:laugh:

Like me... I've been reloading this page every 30 seconds since CUNY came up. And I'm relatively sure no new information is going to come up, I just can't help myself :smack:

Anyone know when we will be hearing from American?

I got my official acceptance to University of Kansas clinical PhD today via email from the graduate department. I was informed earlier this week by my POI that I was in, but this makes it offical (student number and everything).

Good luck everyone!

Yeah, I interviewed with them last Thursday and I heard something similar... hence why I'm obsessively checking my email! I saw the same thing on the grad cafe but I wish I knew whether or not those people had interviews or not! Arg. Well here's to hoping!:xf:

True...I forgot about the 200 or so people that didn't receive interviews (I didn't realize the numbers would be that high, btw) so I guess waiting it is! Is that your number one choice?

Thanks! I'm hoping too, but as a coping mechanism, I'll just assume I didn't get accepted to CUNY. Anyway. Time tells all stories, lol.

Yeah, I'm with you. I think the healthiest thing to do is assume the worst at this point. I just wish they would be more sensitive to all of us hopefuls.

As far as I can tell, the committee met last Wednesday and they SLOWLY started calling people in waves on Thursday then Sunday and then more last night. It's just torture. How long does it take to call 16 people???

I just hope people drop off the list, given the probationary status of the program.

Yeah, I'm with you. I think the healthiest thing to do is assume the worst at this point. I just wish they would be more sensitive to all of us hopefuls.

As far as I can tell, the committee met last Wednesday and they SLOWLY started calling people in waves on Thursday then Sunday and then more last night. It's just torture. How long does it take to call 16 people???

I just hope people drop off the list, given the probationary status of the program.

and then the fact that they waitlisted at least one person... don't know what to make of that. I wonder how many people they will be calling if they do both the acceptances and the waitlists...at this point I'm just hoping for a waitlist so then I can at least start praying to the psych gods that other people will drop off because of the the status with APA

post interview accepted to Sam Houston for Clinical PhD with forensic emphasis-- by phone 3/4/10

Ughhhh, hamsterpants, every single time I see your name as the last respondent on this Acceptance & Waitlist thread, I keep thinking, Oh Joy!, she got into Temple.

I'm pulling for you!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
True...I forgot about the 200 or so people that didn't receive interviews (I didn't realize the numbers would be that high, btw) so I guess waiting it is! Is that your number one choice?

Yes it is... I want to go there with all my heart!!!

Hi There,

I was accepted into BSU COunseling PhD from the bachelors level on 3/4/2010:D Thanks for doing such a great job with the posts!

Congrats to those who got acceptances to Sam Houston. It's a great program and they only accept superstars-so consider yourselves proud!! :)

Ughhhh, hamsterpants, every single time I see your name as the last respondent on this Acceptance & Waitlist thread, I keep thinking, Oh Joy!, she got into Temple.

I'm pulling for you!!!!

I'm such a tease ;) but thanks, that means a lot. I have been a bit down about it recently.

would the person who heard back from kent mind pm-ing me their POI? i'd appreciate it a ton. congrats to those who heard back today!

Almost hate to ask, but has anyone heard back? Tomorrow is our "within two weeks" deadline. :scared::scared::scared::scared:

I got my UMBC acceptance call today. Definitely happy b/c I really did feel a great fit over there! :) I had started to get nervous b/c other people found out a few days ago, but my POI was quite busy and waited til today. I was so excited to see that number on my caller ID!

Also - I know at least one person was wondering about Loyola. As of last night, they had not yet made their final decisions. Hold tight...

Somebody on grad cafe put that they received an acceptance e-mail today for Ferkauf's combined school clinical psy d program. I'm officially flipping out since I didn't receive anything and I was the first interview date. It was my first choice. I hope something else comes through.

If you're asking about the combined program, I know someone has been accepted.

I'm talking about the Clinical and School Psychology Program through Curry. Would you mind sharing, (or PMing) if this person is in the school end or the forensic end? Thanks so much!

Has anyone heard from Suffolk- Clinical?

When I asked at the interview when we should hear back, they said something about the 5th. Plus they would tell people if they were rejected or on the waitlist at the same time as they gave out acceptances (I think). So cross your fingers about tomorrow. :)

I'm talking about the Clinical and School Psychology Program through Curry. Would you mind sharing, (or PMing) if this person is in the school end or the forensic end? Thanks so much!

Sorry, I'm not 100% sure, but I think school.

will this ever be updated? I've not seen any difference in days and days and days...

If you're asking about the combined program, I know someone has been accepted.
Yes, people have been offered admission to UVA-Curry. Did anyone interview there? I did on the 19th. PM me please and let's talk! I spoke to one of my POIs on Wednesday... BTW, I have been "lurking" on here for some time and I'm finally "official". I'm rooting for everyone (especially Hamsterpants)!

Just accepted to University of Iowa Clinical PhD program!

Just admitted to University of Oregon School Psychology PhD via email from admissions director! Shocked and so happy! :)

Congratulations!!!! Wow! Your decision just gets harder and harder to make. . . . But, why are you shocked?

If you like fields of corn :p Im one to talk I loved Lincoln Nebraska

Hey, I thought Lincoln was great too. Although I have to admit I definitely didn't think I would. And IC is actually a pretty cool city. For the doubters I think tolerance is a pretty good metric to judge a town (and there's actually some research show that it is) and IC is always at the top of lists of gay-friendly cities.

Last edited:
Congratulations!!!! Wow! Your decision just gets harder and harder to make. . . . But, why are you shocked?

Thanks!

Oregon is one of the most competitive School programs around (10% acceptance rate), and I've thought of it as a bit of "snowball's chance" throughout the process, plus I did a phone interview instead of an in-person one.

Thanks!

Oregon is one of the most competitive School programs around (10% acceptance rate), and I've thought of it as a bit of "snowball's chance" throughout the process, plus I did a phone interview instead of an in-person one.

well lets face it the Pac NW is the **** :)

and to the IC comments, yeah it is an interesting place culturally speaking, a lot like lincoln in fact where all the diversity is in the area of the school itself

When I asked at the interview when we should hear back, they said something about the 5th. Plus they would tell people if they were rejected or on the waitlist at the same time as they gave out acceptances (I think). So cross your fingers about tomorrow. :)

Yes, they did say the 5th! I am anxiously waiting!!! Today should be the day!!

Thanks!

Well, that's exciting. I thought of applying there, but--among other things--the cost of living was too high for me. (Yes, I know that it isn't NYC or SF or Boston, etc., but it is higher than where I am used to living. I looked at apartment rental costs. Too much for me.)

It's a great program!!! Congrats!

Yes, they did say the 5th! I am anxiously waiting!!! Today should be the day!!

I am just happy they made it sound like they let everyone know their status around the same time, so there is no waiting in limbo. If you havent heard, it just means they havent told anyone yet. They should all do that!!

I've still been obsessively refreshing my email page since about 9 in the morning, though, lol.

How long should it take for my official acceptance offer to come after being notified by phone/email? Its been 5 days and I'm freakin out man!

How long should it take for my official acceptance offer to come after being notified by phone/email? Its been 5 days and I'm freakin out man!

mine took 3 weeks? lol dude or dudette you already got the acceptance, chillll outttt

I am just happy they made it sound like they let everyone know their status around the same time, so there is no waiting in limbo. If you havent heard, it just means they havent told anyone yet. They should all do that!!

I've still been obsessively refreshing my email page since about 9 in the morning, though, lol.

haha me too! and staring at my phone constantly in case its a phone call

mine took 3 weeks? lol dude or dudette you already got the acceptance, chillll outttt

Lol. Thanks.
I guess I just want to "get it in writing" so I can decline a previous offer and skip my last interview. I'll just hang in there and send an email to my poi to see what's up.

so i am wondering what is the appropriate thing to do when you get an offer but are not sure yet if you are going to accept it? do you email them back? what do you even say? what is the appropriate way to say, "i am still waiting on other offers?" how has everyone else been handling this?

I think they totally expect that you're waiting to hear from other schools, which is why you have until April 15th to reply one way or the other. I think just saying "Thanks for the offer, I'll get back to you as soon as I can with my decision" is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.