You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2010 ASHP Midyear: Anaheim Roll Call
Started by Its Z
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Im sure there is some good football games to watch that weekend...
Im sure there is some good football games to watch that weekend...
The last time I was in Anaheim for ASHP, buddy and I watched very good USC team lose to UCLA. 👎
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Getting ACL reconstruction surgery the day before, won't be able to walk without crutches for 4-6 weeks.
Yeah lets here from all the pharmacy nerds...👎thumbdown👎
Yeah lets here from all the pharmacy nerds...👎thumbdown👎
You go back talking about insoles.
This thread is for cool people. ASHP draws the best looking pharmists and students all around.
You go back talking about insoles.
This thread is for cool people. ASHP draws the best looking pharmists and students all around.
What Z said.
I get there Friday and leave weds. Weds morning I just might be presenting...
I'll be there Friday through Wednesday, presenting Monday.
Looking forward to the CompleteRx party for sure.
Looking forward to the CompleteRx party for sure.
Looking forward to the CompleteRx party for sure.
What a fantastic Company! 👍
What a fantastic Company! 👍
Anybody that opens up a bar for 2,000+ people is alright in my book.
Not that I'll be looking for a job from them, ever. Just their beer.
Anybody that opens up a bar for 2,000+ people is alright in my book.
Not that I'll be looking for a job from them, ever. Just their beer.
What's wrong with CompleteRX?
I'm gonna wait till the 2nd year of my three year program to go and try to make plans for the third year. Well, that and its in New Orleans next year 
What's wrong with CompleteRX?
Nothing really, I just don't see myself looking for a job from them in the future. Maybe "ever" was a bit too strong, because you never know. I don't honestly know too much about them other than their party and band.
ETA: I'm also not a big fan of the Six Sigma environment, but I don't really know how much of an impact that has on their day-to-day business.
Nothing really, I just don't see myself looking for a job from them in the future. Maybe "ever" was a bit too strong, because you never know. I don't honestly know too much about them other than their party and band.
ETA: I'm also not a big fan of the Six Sigma environment, but I don't really know how much of an impact that has on their day-to-day business.
What's Six Sigma?
What's Six Sigma?
The efficiency improvement system...but you knew that already.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The efficiency improvement system...but you knew that already.
What's wrong with efficiency improvement?
What's wrong with efficiency improvement?
Nothing at all. It depends how Six Sigma is implemented - I think in certain cases (strict interpretation) it can place too much emphasis on objectively measuring subjective things, and ends up being cutthroat. However, there are a lot of places that utilize certain aspects of Six Sigma to great effect.
I don't know how this pertains to CompleteRx. Anybody from CompleteRx that I've spoken to seems pretty happy, so I don't think it'll be all that bad.
Have I inadvertently found out where you work?
Have I inadvertently found out where you work?
Z's the one who hands out the beads. And he's very selective about who he gives them out to...
Z's the one who hands out the beads. And he's very selective about who he gives them out to...
Yes, selective very much so. It's important.
What's Six Sigma?
Its a business optimization model. You basically use stats you learned in undergrad to try and improve the company, mostly process optimization. Its is expensive to get certified and the people who are certified and teach it rarely are qualified. Plus, even though most of Six Sigma is common sense, companies make you get the certification in order to use its tools. The certifications come in karate belts. Green is the lowest and master black belt is the highest.
I'll be at midyear from Saturday to Tuesday.
There's an after party...?
Its a business optimization model. You basically use stats you learned in undergrad to try and improve the company, mostly process optimization. Its is expensive to get certified and the people who are certified and teach it rarely are qualified. Plus, even though most of Six Sigma is common sense, companies make you get the certification in order to use its tools. The certifications come in karate belts. Green is the lowest and master black belt is the highest.
I'll be at midyear from Saturday to Tuesday.
There's an after party...?
Quite certain Z knows this and is just yankin' your chain.
I'm yellow and will be a Kaizen leader for our Co. next year.
I've never been to midyear. If my boss decides to pay my way some time I might go.
It would be fun to meet some of you that I have "known" for a few years now.
DH is working on his Six Sigma cert right now. He thinks it's a bit tiresome but that's what employers want to see.
DH is working on his Six Sigma cert right now. He thinks it's a bit tiresome but that's what employers want to see.
Quite certain Z knows this and is just yankin' your chain.
I'm yellow and will be a Kaizen leader for our Co. next year.
I stopped buying into this "efficiency enhancement" industry after W Ed. Deming and his CQI stuff...
I've never been to midyear. If my boss decides to pay my way some time I might go.It would be fun to meet some of you that I have "known" for a few years now.
It's mandatory for all our DOPs and Clinical Managers to attend ASHP.. sux.. I know..
I'll be there from Sunday to Thursday morning. I wasn't able to check out anything super fun in Vegas, but I might just try out the CompleteRx party this year.
At least I'll be out of the wind and snow that is the Northwest!
I'm kind of bummed that I don't have any pressing reasons to go to ASHP mid year 2011. New Orleans sounds like a blast.
At least I'll be out of the wind and snow that is the Northwest!
I'm kind of bummed that I don't have any pressing reasons to go to ASHP mid year 2011. New Orleans sounds like a blast.
I'll be there for residency showcase. I live 1/2 hour from Anaheim, but on rotation in Fresno right now. At least they're letting me off rotation through Wednesday.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'll the dude walking around w/ a t-shirt that says "Please hire me" with a blown up resume on the back of the shirt.
With beads on.
for real?
My reply is - you're a dude? For some reason I always through you were a chick with nikkai being some form of nikki. the kissing baby avatar too...well, it would be interesting to have a SDN night!
I'll the dude walking around w/ a t-shirt that says "Please hire me" with a blown up resume on the back of the shirt.
With beads on.
Make sure you don't forget the beads
it's essential
My reply is - you're a dude? For some reason I always through you were a chick with nikkai being some form of nikki. the kissing baby avatar too...well, it would be interesting to have a SDN night!
Yeah, I thought he was a chick too. Just goes to show...
SDN excursion to Tomorrowland?
I wish I had gone last year because I still feel like I don't know what I'm doing, even after all the "webinars."
Who else got an unapproved hotel room because it was cheaper than the ones ASHP bought? 🙂
Who else got an unapproved hotel room because it was cheaper than the ones ASHP bought? 🙂
I wish I had gone last year because I still feel like I don't know what I'm doing, even after all the "webinars."
for what?
Who else got an unapproved hotel room because it was cheaper than the ones ASHP bought? 🙂
we've done that...but then you don't have the ASHP shuttle bus.
Meh. I'm missing out. I got the time off but didn't have the funds. Can y'all have some fun for me? I figure I might as well work that weekend. I also need to study for finals, anyway.
Honestly, it would likely be a waste of money as a first year.
mmm waste of money for me too... 😴
Z's the one who hands out the beads. And he's very selective about who he gives them out to...
Show your... ummm... what were you talking about?
mmm waste of money for me too... 😴
If my residency wasn't starting so dang late - I might have gone. As it is, looks like I'll be heading to ACCP instead. Gov only covers one per year - and daddy has to get board certified.
So....the messages from PPS....are they form letters or did they actually read my resume?
Do they offer you interviews right there at the showcase, even if they haven't contacted you before? (Assuming you impress the person with your mad social skills?)
Do they offer you interviews right there at the showcase, even if they haven't contacted you before? (Assuming you impress the person with your mad social skills?)
You maybe in for a surpriseIf my residency wasn't starting so dang late - I might have gone. As it is, looks like I'll be heading to ACCP instead. Gov only covers one per year - and daddy has to get board certified.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You maybe in for a surpriseHave you ever heard of something called joint forces? That's where you will probably go!
They can't tell me what to do!!! I'... Oh... 😀
Hahaha... I've heard this too. We shall see when the time comes. Gotta zero in on what that topic will be first. I'm just an infant resident right now.
You maybe in for a surpriseHave you ever heard of something called joint forces? That's where you will probably go!
According to the Navy pharmacists I spend time with, that is absolutely the one you want to go to... although I suppose you already missed it this year.
No other P4s going? Word on the street is that there's more students going than ever, but idk whether or not to believe that.
I'm leaving tomorrow afternoon...1st time flying on Virgin, should be sweet. Any notable events other than the completerx thing?
Also, quick poll: do any of your schools pay for registration, hotel, flight? My school doesn't do anything, but some other schools I heard at least pick up registration.
I'm leaving tomorrow afternoon...1st time flying on Virgin, should be sweet. Any notable events other than the completerx thing?
Also, quick poll: do any of your schools pay for registration, hotel, flight? My school doesn't do anything, but some other schools I heard at least pick up registration.
No other P4s going? Word on the street is that there's more students going than ever, but idk whether or not to believe that.
I'm leaving tomorrow afternoon...1st time flying on Virgin, should be sweet. Any notable events other than the completerx thing?
Also, quick poll: do any of your schools pay for registration, hotel, flight? My school doesn't do anything, but some other schools I heard at least pick up registration.
My school didn't pay for anything when I went. Our student chapter of ASHP raised money to reimburse P4 members for some of the trip.
Next year's meeting is in Cowgirl country...DallasAccording to the Navy pharmacists I spend time with, that is absolutely the one you want to go to... although I suppose you already missed it this year.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 3K