2010 ASHP Midyear: Anaheim Roll Call

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Page 2?

Members don't see this ad.

For those already there, how's the weather?

And give us a status report.

Members don't see this ad :)
Chilly. 50s this morning. Eating breakfast at downtown Disney.

For those already there, how's the weather?

And give us a status report.

Warm compared to DC. I was walking around without a jacket, so I'm happy. I haven't done anything beyond checking in and watching the UConn game.

Joint Forces will be in Dallas...ASHP will be in 'Nawlins....as a p2 at joint forces, no I would not go. ASHP, if you have the money to go, go. It can be fun but I wouldn't recommend going until you're a p3 and interested in a residency...going as a p3 will give you an idea as to how it works so you can be prepared when you are a p4

my company is sending me to ASHP and I am having a good time so far!

ashp should never be in anaheim.

props to uconn tho...nice students!

Agreed...Anaheim sucks...move it to San Diego if it needs to be in CA!

weve done cshp in san diego one year....wasnt bad but not sure its big enough. but i am excited about new orleans.

How was it? Kind of sad I didn't get to go.....but I will be there next year!

Members don't see this ad :)
How was it? Kind of sad I didn't get to go.....but I will be there next year!

about like last year...maybe a little slower...nothing profound...lots of students but not alot of vendors.
glad to be going home...seeing lots of students and residents on the plane right now. the kids i will probably end up working for and who will fire me in about 20 years.

oh yeah...forgot to mention...much better student posters this year than last!

Quit being an ass. I'm presenting my poster this year at a different venue.

No Z stalking for me this year - just harassment for me being old and staying in the night before my 8am presentation. There had to be at least 250 people in that auditorium. And I didn't vomit or swear on stage!!!

No Z stalking for me this year - just harassment for me being old and staying in the night before my 8am presentation. There had to be at least 250 people in that auditorium. And I didn't vomit or swear on stage!!!

did you do good?

i wouldve been easy to stalk this year.

I'm told it went well. I don't remember much of it!

I'm told it went well. I don't remember much of it!

Did you do the e-med lecture on Wednesday morning? I wanted to go to that, but had a flight to catch.

I only had one weird dude stop by my poster. I don't think anyone cares about them if they're not in the student section. Lesson learned!

Did you do the e-med lecture on Wednesday morning? I wanted to go to that, but had a flight to catch.

I only had one weird dude stop by my poster. I don't think anyone cares about them if they're not in the student section. Lesson learned!

I care about them. But I don't stop at dude's posters... tho I spend a lot of time looking at the ones I'm interested in.

It took me awhile to warm up to the dullness of Anaheim (nostalgic about the energy of Vegas) but the toy store (exhibit hall), intriguing talks/posters, seeing old friends and making new ones more than made up for the lackluster environment. :cool:

props to uconn tho...nice students!

I meant to ask, what impressed you? I doubt you met me as I'm no longer a student and spent the majority of my time in Anaheim interviewing for PGY2. I like to think UConn has a good group of students, but it's nice to hear what people outside of New England have to say about the school and students.

I did part of it. There sure were a lot of people in that room!

I really enjoyed Midyear! But it was my first time to Midyear, first trip to Disney etc. so I guess it was still a new experience for me.

The stampeding bull herd of students in the residency showcase freaked me out a bit. I can't wait to see what kind of competition there will be for residency by the time I graduate. It's going to be brutal. One resident suggested that people graduating this year should apply to at least twelve programs just to make sure you get interviews :eek: