2011-2012 Creighton Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My letters went from "Unknown" under "Meets requirements" to "Yes" today. So I guess they fixed the problem

Yes, I noticed this yesterday. Definitely a good sign! However, I still haven't gotten a complete email...

Members don't see this ad.

Wow we are applying to many of the same school. Good luck man.

Waiting patiently from this school. I turned everything in early and had a nice update to my application.
Thanks! Good luck to you too

I haven't received the complete email yet from Creighton, but I'm assuming it will come soon

ETA: Ninja'd by schizotypy on my last comment!

Yes, I noticed this yesterday. Definitely a good sign! However, I still haven't gotten a complete email...

Give it time. It took them sometime time to get them mine. My letters were marked yes for 3 weeks before i got the update. Hopefully yall get it sooner. The admissions staff is very prompt in asnwering questions so dont hesitate to ask if yall have any

Members don't see this ad :)
Give it time. It took them sometime time to get them mine. My letters were marked yes for 3 weeks before i got the update. Hopefully yall get it sooner. The admissions staff is very prompt in asnwering questions so dont hesitate to ask if yall have any

You were right! Got the complete email this morning. :)

Is it worth it to send them an update after a new 1 day shadowing experience with a specialty you have yet to see?

Is it worth it to send them an update after a new 1 day shadowing experience with a specialty you have yet to see?

I wouldnt think so. I think updates have to be big. Like if you didnt include shadowing on your AMCAS( or the majority ) of it send in the update

I wouldnt think so. I think updates have to be big. Like if you didnt include shadowing on your AMCAS( or the majority ) of it send in the update
thx

My status just changed from "Your app is complete and is currently being reviewed" to "Your app is complete and it is ready to be reviewed" :confused: :confused: Does not seem like a good sign...

My status just changed from "Your app is complete and is currently being reviewed" to "Your app is complete and it is ready to be reviewed" :confused: :confused: Does not seem like a good sign...

where did you see that?

It's not a bad sign it just means your ready to be considered for Interviews

Members don't see this ad :)

Same here. I don't see how this is a bad thing at all. It is just neutral.

my status has been application submitted on 7/17.... I got a complete email though. Is this the spot you are seeing this under review thing?

It's not a bad sign it just means your ready to be considered for Interviews

Oh, ok - this makes me feel better. I thought for a second that they were done reviewing and were no longer interested.

My status still says submitted 07/03/2011. I got the complete email on July 18th...

I got the complete e-mail 07/27, submitted 07/21. I am not sure if they review in order of file completion or mcat/gpa...

My status still says submitted 07/03/2011. I got the complete email on July 18th...

What does it say on the top of your statue page?? You should see something like "Thank you for applying to Creighton University School of Medicine. Your secondary application is complete and ..."

What does it say on the top of your statue page?? You should see something like "Thank you for applying to Creighton University School of Medicine. Your secondary application is complete and ..."

OH thanks for that buddy!

It says:

Thank you for applying to Creighton University School of Medicine. Your secondary application is complete and is ready to be reviewed for interview purposes.

No problem. So we are all in the same boat. Hopefully we will hear good news soon:xf::xf:

No problem. So we are all in the same boat. Hopefully we will hear good news soon:xf::xf:
Dont they start interviewing in Sept ? if so some of us may hear.

Dont they start interviewing in Sept ? if so some of us may hear.

Last year, they started interviewing on the last week of August and went all the way into beginning of March. I was completed in mid-July last year and got the invite mid-August. Obviously, the earlier dates the better chances of acceptance. Good luck!

Last year, they started interviewing on the last week of August and went all the way into beginning of March. I was completed in mid-July last year and got the invite mid-August. Obviously, the earlier dates the better chances of acceptance. Good luck!

Close enough:laugh:

Good to know

yay! we're getting close!
:luck::luck:

Is anyone else having trouble going onto Creighton's website? I tried today and it didn't load, then I remembered I had the same issue a few months ago. Weird!!

Interview!!! :D Submitted July 19th.

Interview invite! First one... so pumped!!!

+1! And the previous posts are right, the first interview date is 8/26 and seems to be every Friday and Saturday. Really nice of Creighton to have weekend interviews

Interview!!!! Second one!!! Submitted 6/29, complete 7/22 (waited for June MCAT).

Super excited! Anyone else doing the host program?

Interview!!!! Second one!!! Submitted 6/29, complete 7/22 (waited for June MCAT).

Super excited! Anyone else doing the host program?

I want to!! but I can't find the attachment that came with the email? :(

Congrats to everyone with interviews :luck:

Hey, does anyone with an interview do the hosting request form? I can't even find the attachment on the e-mail. Tell me bout it rout it! SO EXCITED!

Hey, does anyone with an interview do the hosting request form? I can't even find the attachment on the e-mail. Tell me bout it rout it! SO EXCITED!

I don't see any form attached. I'll probably call on Monday.

I want to!! but I can't find the attachment that came with the email? :(

For me, it came as a second E-mail...within minutes of the interview invite. If you didn't get it, try and call admissions? It sounds like a great program...staying with a med student for 1-2 nights for only $40 a night. And you may get a chance to see the school and Omaha from a students POV. Sooooo excited!

I'm trying to schedule for 9/9 because I'm a TA and need to be there for the first week of classes. Anyone else looking at that date?

For me, it came as a second E-mail...within minutes of the interview invite. If you didn't get it, try and call admissions? It sounds like a great program...staying with a med student for 1-2 nights for only $40 a night. And you may get a chance to see the school and Omaha from a students POV. Sooooo excited!

I'm trying to schedule for 9/9 because I'm a TA and need to be there for the first week of classes. Anyone else looking at that date?

The second email is the one we're referring to. It says "If you choose to utilize the Hosting Program please complete the attached Hosting Request Form" but there is no attachment.

And I picked 8/26, because my classes start the 29th.

Can I just say: I LOVE YOUR AVATAR.

my status says: Last Updated Date: 8/5/2011 7:23:21 AM

I guess they looked at it?

Last Updated Date: 8/2/2011 8:46:51 AM ... well, guess they deemed me unworthy on Tuesday!! DRAT.

It could have been that they just updated your status. I wouldn't read too much into it. My says last updated on 8/2, but I didn't receive the complete email until 8/3.

Status
Not open for further replies.