2011-2012 Creighton Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any lodging tips for this interview? I was looking for hotels with shuttles...but i cant find any...

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone have any lodging tips for this interview? I was looking for hotels with shuttles...but i cant find any...

Student housing is probably your best bet because if I remember right they also provide transportation. Otherwise you might need to rent a car.

I chose the student hosting program. It seems like the best deal. $40/night and that includes transport from the airport, to/from the interview, and to the airport.

Not to mention, you can get a Creighton student's opinion of the school and what-not.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok so I got the interview invite today (go under 30 MCATers!) but they only have Fridays available in September--my work requires us to request off 6 weeks in advance so this will likely not work for me. I know I can call them first thing in the morning to clear this up but does anyone know how much they stick to their whole thing about "these are the only interview dates available to you" thing?? Thanks.

Ok so I got the interview invite today (go under 30 MCATers!) but they only have Fridays available in September--my work requires us to request off 6 weeks in advance so this will likely not work for me. I know I can call them first thing in the morning to clear this up but does anyone know how much they stick to their whole thing about "these are the only interview dates available to you" thing?? Thanks.

is everyone hearing by email? or by checking? b/c i've been constantly checking haha

I got an email. I do attribute it to obsessive status checking though (8/4 and 8/15 were changes).

hey guys if it says that i was updated today, and i didn't receive an interview invite, does that mean they already saw my app and don't want to give an interview?

hey guys if it says that i was updated today, and i didn't receive an interview invite, does that mean they already saw my app and don't want to give an interview?

yea same question. mine was updated 8/3 last time and i was complete 7/27 (so i'm nearing my 4 weeks)

It may be possible...but that update could also refer to you now be considered complete or them having received an additional letter of rec...but I wouldn't say that your out of game, just yet....when did you submit your secondary?

Members don't see this ad :)
i submitted in the first week of august, and was complete a couple of days later.

Anybody has problem accessing the school's website? It keeps saying too busy. I tried on different computers and it's the same thing.

I submitted my secondary 7/5/2011 and my secondary was complete 7/22. I was last updated 8/3... am I screwed if I haven't heard anything since than?

I submitted my secondary 7/5/2011 and my secondary was complete 7/22. I was last updated 8/3... am I screwed if I haven't heard anything since than?

I just wanted to let you guys know that Creighton reviews and re-reviews your apps throughout the cycle- this means do not freak out if people who submitted/ were marked complete after you get interviews before you. Back in the day I submitted/was marked complete mid-September, invited to interview in November, interviewed first week in January, and was accepted mid-February. I interviewed with people who had submitted anywhere from July through October- so RELAX everyone :)

Also, Creighton likes to hear from you, so if you feel you have done something substantial since you submitted your app, send an update!

X

How long after your status was updated (not just complete app update, but status update after your completion) did you get your interview invite? I just got my status date updated today (8/23 11am) and my last status date update was when my app was complete on 7/28

I'll be interviewing here this friday, so if anyone has any questions about the process just message me and I be happy to share my experience with you and give you as much info to prep for the interview as possible.

I'll be interviewing here this friday, so if anyone has any questions about the process just message me and I be happy to share my experience with you and give you as much info to prep for the interview as possible.

I will see you there, I'm also interviewing then. Are you doing the Student Hosting Program?

Last edited:
How long after your status was updated (not just complete app update, but status update after your completion) did you get your interview invite? I just got my status date updated today (8/23 11am) and my last status date update was when my app was complete on 7/28

just adding my own two cents here (i haven't gotten an interview...yet) but i submitted my app july 25 and got confirmation july 27th and they've been reviewing ever since. i've seen that the site's been updated a few times since then, but nothing about an interview. hope that helps a little.

keep in mind i have mediocre stats. and by mediocre i mean below average.

I will see you there, I'm also interviewing then. Are you doing the Student Hosting Program?

Awesome! I'm actually staying at a hotel nearby, not a huge fan of sleeping on a couch haha.

Awesome! I'm actually staying at a hotel nearby, not a huge fan of sleeping on a couch haha.

I don't blame you one bit. I only chose to for the rate, because I found cheaper airfare for leaving Saturday rather than Friday evening. I got an e-mail from my host today saying that I had an air mattress waiting for me. Oh boy.

I'm doing student hosting!

I will definitely PM you guys next week to see how your experience went.

anyone that is interviewing this weekend, want to split a room somewhere?

my app still just says submitted 7/14/11?? I wrote really solid essays and have decent stats.... what the helll

anybody interviewing on 9/2 with me? I'm doing the hosting program btw

my app still just says submitted 7/14/11?? I wrote really solid essays and have decent stats.... what the helll

Dude imagine how I feel man I submitted 07/01 and every week I have an update on my status but absolutely nothing. So I guess they look at my application and hit next lol

Dude imagine how I feel man I submitted 07/01 and every week I have an update on my status but absolutely nothing. So I guess they look at my application and hit next lol

Okay I was starting to feel sorry about myself until i saw your post. I submitted 7/30 but they keep updating my app but i never hear anything!!!

Okay I was starting to feel sorry about myself until i saw your post. I submitted 7/30 but they keep updating my app but i never hear anything!!!

Same dude I don't let a rejection or a long reply get to me. There's plenty of fish in the sea just move onto the next one :thumbup:

yea i got complete 7/27 and haven't heard anything yet either. though person who was waiting since 7/1...it must be brutal. oh well, this process in general is brutal...especially if you're not a super star

Same here.

Shoot, right as I was about to pay for the secondary my computer shut down. Now the payment button has disappeared :( Any ideas as to what I should do? I plan on calling them tomorrow if I get a break from work training.

Shoot, right as I was about to pay my computer shut down. Now the payment button has disappeared :( Any ideas as to what I should do? I plan on calling them tomorrow if I get a break from work training.

It will reset itself in a half hour or so. Similar events should be detailed earlier in this thread. :)

It will reset itself in a half hour or so. Similar events should be detailed earlier in this thread. :)

Yeah I figured others had problems with it. I did a quick search but apparently didn't look too thoroughly. Thanks! :)

Interviewed here today and was really impressed by the faculty, students and school.

Really enjoyed my experience in Omaha as well, downtown was a pleasant surprise with lots of places to eat and relax.

Last edited:
Interviewed here today and was really impressed by the faculty, stuents and school.

They mainly stuck to questions based directly off my app, and the rest was very conversational.

Really enjoyed my experience in Omaha as well, downtown was a pleasant surprise with lots of places to eat and relax.

Hey, thinks for the feedback! I'm interviewing tomorrow and can give my feedback as well when it is done. Looking forward to it!

Are we allowed to discuss how interviews go? I mean, we can give general impressions without going over specifics, right? The only reason I ask is cause I mentioned enjoying the school a few posts above and saw in another thread someone said interview stuff is confidential. Sorry if this is a stupid question, just don't really know the do's and don't.

Are we allowed to discuss how interviews go? I mean, we can give general impressions without going over specifics, right? The only reason I ask is cause I mentioned enjoying the school a few posts above and saw in another thread someone said interview stuff is confidential. Sorry if this is a stupid question, just don't really know the do's and don't.

some schools make you sign a non-disclosure agreement so you aren't really supposed to talk about them. this is generally for the MMI-type interviews, which are conducted at only a handful of school in the US. the general thought is that they will repeat some questions, situations, scenarios, which are very different compared to traditional med school interviews and they want to keep everyone throughout the cycle on their toes. so unless you were asked to sign something or not speak about something in particular, i think you should be OK.

some schools make you sign a non-disclosure agreement so you aren't really supposed to talk about them. this is generally for the MMI-type interviews, which are conducted at only a handful of school in the US. the general thought is that they will repeat some questions, situations, scenarios, which are very different compared to traditional med school interviews and they want to keep everyone throughout the cycle on their toes. so unless you were asked to sign something or not speak about something in particular, i think you should be OK.

Oh nice, that makes total sense. I really hope I can avoid that MMI format during interviews, from what people have told me it's really a pain.

Interviewed here yesterday and it was an excellent experience. Dr. Quinn is an awesome guy. The other students and faculty all seemed very happy and outgoing. The interviews were both very conversational and open file. Low stress day overall.

I applied to Creighton last year but didn't get an interview. Do you know if they look at last year's secondary? The topics I woke about in that secondary, I think, were the best ones for those questions. However, if they look at previous apps, I don't want to write about the same thing...

Hey all!

I interviewed here this past weekend as well and ditto to the previous posters about how laid back the day was. The interviews themselves were actually fun and I think definitely reflective of Creighton's community atmosphere. Omaha was actually a surprinsgly nice city as well!

Be prepared for a fairly long day though..lots of walking. Ladies, bring your flats. I was exhausted afterwards.

Also, I would highly recommend staying with a host ass they are really informative and definitely gives you a good preview of a day in their life.

Im interviewing this friday 9/2. Should I have been contacted by now as who I will be staying with as part of the Student Hosting Program?

Im interviewing this friday 9/2. Should I have been contacted by now as who I will be staying with as part of the Student Hosting Program?

You should hear from them tomorrow- the Tuesday before your interview. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.