2011-2012 Emory Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Accepted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For good measure: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats on the invite!! if you don't mind, could you please share when you were complete?

I never got an official "file complete" email, but i submitted my secondary on Aug 7th, and got the II on Oct 26th

ACCEPTED AND I CANNOT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!
I keep thinking the letter is going to vanish......

I live in Boston, FYI.

Congrats everyone! What states are you all in? If it really took 4 days to go from GA to MA, it looks like CA has more suspenseful waiting ...

Had my interview yesterday and it went great.

What an amazing school!

I guess the real waiting game starts now!!

still no II yet.. :/

app complete 9/16....

anyone else?

Yes, but Emory doesn't send out anything for rejections until the end of the cycle.

still no II yet.. :/

app complete 9/16....

anyone else?

Do not lose hope. Emory gets close to 7000 applications a year. That is a lot of applicants to look at.

Close to 600 get interviews. If you feel your stats, EC's, LOR's are good just hang in their cause chances are they are still going through hundreds of applications each week.

Members don't see this ad :)
complete 7/12... it was a longshot

I called the Admissions yesterday, and they told me that they are at least 3-4 weeks behind in terms of emails and etc. ... so not a surprise to find them behind in everything else ... SO, let's hang in there!

I'd really like to go to Emory Medical School... but I didn't complete until 10/21. My first MCAT in June wasn't too great so I didn't want to apply then, but I retook in September and did very well but the score didn't come in until middle of October. I feel like chances are slim based on the fact that I applied so late... but I am an Emory graduate, georgia resident, and hispanic. Plus I have some good recs from some notable emory faculty members, so I'm still hoping for the best!

For those of you thinking about Emory, it's an awesome school. I loved my time there as an undergrad. Very nice campus with a very nice feel, tons of research opportunities and resources. Emory boasts a lot of renowned faculty members too... For example, I took a class with Franz De Waal and it was awesome. When the Dalai Lama came last year the campus was crazy. Emory is located in Decatur, which is a nice area adjacent to all of the popular spots around Atlanta but still a comfortable distance away from the hustle and bustle. Recently, MARTA (atlanta mass transit/train system) proposed to add new stops, including a few at Emory which would be huge!

Last edited:
At what point are we just interviewing for the waitlist? I was complete 9/1 and I just want to know when to let go of the dream... :confused:

At what point are we just interviewing for the waitlist? I was complete 9/1 and I just want to know when to let go of the dream... :confused:

Dont give up yet. I was not complete until October 5th and interviewed on October 28th.

Its still only the first week in November, and this is the busiest time of the season so things take longer now than for people who were complete extremely early.

Dont give up yet. I was not complete until October 5th and interviewed on October 28th.

Its still only the first week in November, and this is the busiest time of the season so things take longer now than for people who were complete extremely early.

Also only one round of acceptances has been sent out! so there is no need to worry yet.

2 weeks until the next round of acceptances :xf:, and praying!!

Relax people, I didn't get an interview invite until mid Jan and interviewed on the second to last interview day. At least 2 of my classmates were in the same boat so take a deep breath and go enjoy your senior year of college or whatever you're doing now

How long can it take to get to the mailbox considering Thanksgiving? 5-7 business days? Next Tuesday?

How long can it take to get to the mailbox considering Thanksgiving? 5-7 business days? Next Tuesday?

Only Thursday is a mail holiday. They are open on Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday (at least my mailman delivers on Saturdays).

I'm staying at home for T-Giving and have family coming over, so I'll probably be very distracted by the holiday to be nervous about the mail (like I was for the 1st sendout).

Last edited:
I live 15 miles from the University so hopefully I will get the letter Tuesday or Wednesday!!!

Come on be the best thanksgiving ever!!!

Lots of prayer!

is emory receptive to in the area emails?

still waiting... maybe tomorrow?!?!?!?:xf::xf::xf::xf::xf:

anyone know if emory accepts pre-interview updates and how they would like them?

Am I right in thinking you live in Atlanta? I am also in Atlanta. I guess if we are going to get the letter it is going to be today!!!!!

:xf::xf::xf::xf:

Yep! I hope so!!! I put my parent's address out in Marietta (i live in the city, but I've moved apartments so many times, it wasn't worth keeping up with changing addresses), and they usually get the mail around 5pm or so... STILL WAITING!!!! :scared::scared::scared:

anyone know if emory accepts pre-interview updates and how they would like them?

HUSH FOOL! CAN'T YOU SEE WE'RE BUSY FREAKING OUT HERE!?!?!
:mad::boom:

and yes, i'm sure they would respond positively to updates. i'm not sure who to send them to exactly, perhaps e-mail the office of admissions? :D

HUSH FOOL! CAN'T YOU SEE WE'RE BUSY FREAKING OUT HERE!?!?!
:mad::boom:

and yes, i'm sure they would respond positively to updates. i'm not sure who to send them to exactly, perhaps e-mail the office of admissions? :D

Nothing for me today:(:(:(!!! I hope you have better news to report later this afternoon.

I guess its another long wait until the Dec 21st letters go out:xf::xf:

Time to sit back and try to relax:cool:!

mail just came, and nothing for me either... maybe... maybe the mail went out late? maybe there's still hope for this week?!?! :xf:

mail just came, and nothing for me either... maybe... maybe the mail went out late? maybe there's still hope for this week?!?! :xf:

Well it wont come tomorrow because of the holiday. So if it went out late Friday is our last hope until December.

c'mon mailman!

anybody get any good news this week, or is it just me and missions holding our breath?

PLEASE reply if you got in! I'm waiting on the west coast and am trying to track how long it could take from Atlanta. Anyone from the area hear yet?

PLEASE reply if you got in! I'm waiting on the west coast and am trying to track how long it could take from Atlanta. Anyone from the area hear yet?
Nope- really close to Emory and haven't heard anything, but I don't think my interview went well... so even though Emory's my #1, I'm already expecting to be disappointed :|

c'mon mailman!

anybody get any good news this week, or is it just me and missions holding our breath?

Well it wont come tomorrow because of the holiday. So if it went out late Friday is our last hope until December.

Nope- really close to Emory and haven't heard anything, but I don't think my interview went well... so even though Emory's my #1, I'm already expecting to be disappointed :|

hey guys, i live in Atlanta too and nothing today. maybe since none of us heard anything then nothing's been delivered?

still, i guess no news is better than bad news :luck:

Accepted! So very excited! I'm on the west coast. Sorry to those who are still waiting, but I hope y'all get good news sooner rather than later.

ah! Congrats! (Selfishly: did you find out today? Where on the west coast?)

Accepted! So very excited! I'm on the west coast. Sorry to those who are still waiting, but I hope y'all get good news sooner rather than later.

congrats friend!

...for the rest of us... December it is. :(

accepted as well! freakin stoked! for anyone curious, i put my parent's address which is in texas.

Congrats to those of you who were excepted!!!!

I guess its December for some of us!!

Those of you who were accepted did you all interview before the October rounds of acceptances were released or was this the first cycle you could have gotten accepted????

Again congrats!!!!

Once again the waiting game:cool::cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.