2011-2012 Emory Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
More waiting here ... I'm in CA, too, but no mail.

Has anyone sent any post-interview updates? I interviewed about 2 months ago so wondering if I should/can send anything ...

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Accepted!! I received a big envelope today up in central Massachusetts. I was passed up the first round, I interviewed in early September, so don't worry if they don't take you right away!

you say that, but the waiting is killer! i live about a mile away so i'm like AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WHYYYYYYYYY
:boom:

Members don't see this ad :)
you say that, but the waiting is killer! i live about a mile away so i'm like AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WHYYYYYYYYY

Haha, that's how I feel...
but congrats to everyone who did get in :) It's gotta be a good feeling!

Haha, that's how I feel...
but congrats to everyone who did get in :) It's gotta be a good feeling!

We all feel this way AAHHH!!!!!

Congrats to all who got accepted.

It is relieving knowing that you got in on the second round of invitations!!!

Come on December 21st!!!!

ACCEPTED!!!!! Djsksndinskx so excited! First school I've heard back from and top choice!! Was actually in the Bahamas for the long weekend so just found the letter in my overstuffed mailbox. Well, actually my dad hid it from me in a drawer for 15 min and acted like it didn't come haha. Def hasnt sunk in/not really sure what to do with myself. Suggestions? Lol

Interviewed 10/31, OOS from FL

Good luck everyone hope you hear soon!

ACCEPTED!!!!! Djsksndinskx so excited! First school I've heard back from and top choice!! Was actually in the Bahamas for the long weekend so just found the letter in my overstuffed mailbox. Well, actually my dad hid it from me in a drawer for 15 min and acted like it didn't come haha. Def hasnt sunk in/not really sure what to do with myself. Suggestions? Lol

Interviewed 10/31, OOS from FL

Good luck everyone hope you hear soon!

Congrats! I would say go celebrate, but seeing as you just got back from the Bahamas, I think you already did!:smuggrin:

Has anyone tried a pre-interview letter of interest?

Has anyone tried a pre-interview letter of interest?

Yep. They acknowledge receipt via email and in the status of your application online. I haven't heard anything about an interview, though. I sent them a letter letting them know I had my first-author project accepted as an oral presentation at a National Conference (AANS).

Sorry for hijacking your thread (I'm not applying until next year), but I'm filling out my secondaries now so I don't rush through them later. However, I'm having problems with Emory's secondary. I feel like 100 words or less is too short to adequately describe why I want to go to this school. Does anyone have any tips for me? I would really appreciate it! :)

Go on their website and find a few things that really catch your interest and make you a good fit.

Sorry for hijacking your thread (I'm not applying until next year), but I'm filling out my secondaries now so I don't rush through them later. However, I'm having problems with Emory's secondary. I feel like 100 words or less is too short to adequately describe why I want to go to this school. Does anyone have any tips for me? I would really appreciate it! :)

Go on their website and find a few things that really catch your interest and make you a good fit.

I've done that...my problem is how to write everything I like about their school in such a limited space.

I've done that...my problem is how to write everything I like about their school in such a limited space.

Obviously you can't say everything you like about the school in 100 words. Do your best, pick 1 or 2 things max, be concise, remember that everyone else only has 100 words as well, and rest assured that the office accepts updates to your file.

Members don't see this ad :)
Obviously you can't say everything you like about the school in 100 words. Do your best, pick 1 or 2 things max, be concise, remember that everyone else only has 100 words as well, and rest assured that the office accepts updates to your file.

Do they accept updates? I interviewed in October and have been considering sending in a letter. Does anyone have any advice on this?

Do they accept updates? I interviewed in October and have been considering sending in a letter. Does anyone have any advice on this?

I don't know personally about pre-interview, but I know that they do accept them post.

Thank you, I'll do that.

what are my chances? 7VR 11BS 13PS writing(M). 31M/3.5 gpa uncw bio/chem major, research, employment, bio lab teaching, science tutoring, shadowing experience, volunteer at emergency department. I submitted my secondary 11/14, haven't heard back. what are my chances for an interview?

what are my chances? 7VR 11BS 13PS writing(M). 31M/3.5 gpa uncw bio/chem major, research, employment, bio lab teaching, science tutoring, shadowing experience, volunteer at emergency department. I submitted my secondary 11/14, haven't heard back. what are my chances for an interview?

Sorry to inform you, but that verbal score will probably slash your chances. Sectional scores below 8 tend to act as red flags.

just wondering if there's been any success with the letters of intent.

congrats to all of you with acceptances here. it really seems like an awesome school.

hey guys. i was just wondering if anyone has called the office to ask about their status? i turned in my secondary really early but haven't heard a word...@@

Nope, just checking online on the secondary site. They said that we wouldn't hear anything until the end of the cycle unless selected for an interview.

I sent an email attachment that began with, "Dear Admissions Committee" to June Eddingfield, [email protected]. This is the email address she told us to send updates to; she got back to me quickly, telling me it had been added to my file.

i sent out a pre-interview one to their generic email but i never got a response. i kind of want to send one to june but i don't know if that'd be kosher if she's only taking them from those who've already interviewed =\

For those of you that sent update letters, how long after you sent the letter did it show up as received on the status update page?

Thanks!

Invited for interview, but withdrew due to acceptances -- hope this spot goes to one of you guys! :)

Who ever got an II today...when is your interview scheduled for?

Who ever got an II today...when is your interview scheduled for?

Application Complete 8/23, II 12/20, Interview scheduled for 1/23! Plenty of hope for those of us who have been waiting nervously!

Fingers crossed for an acceptance this week! Waiting impatiently by the mailbox :xf:

Anyone who recently got invited for an interview, when was your application completed?

nothing for me today :(

anybody receive an acceptance in the mail today?

Status
Not open for further replies.