2011-2012 Florida State University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone know/hear anything about wait list movement? seems to be a big stagnant (ie nerve-wracking)

Members don't see this ad.

Orientation in six days. Yikes!

Best wishes to those still waiting on the good news. Please do yourself a favor and start strategizing for next year in case of the worst. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everybody! This is my first post on here but I have to admit I have lurked quite a bit haha. I'm accepted to LECOM and I'm still on the hold list for FSU. I anyone else around here still on hold?? It is KILLING ME- I have tried to glean out some info from the admissions dept. up there but it seems to no avail. I assuming that because I haven't heard anything yet it must be a good thing because I know several people who were on the hold list that received rejections within the past few days. I still have hope and I would like to know if anyone else on here is in the same boat. Thanks guys and PS this forum is incredibly helpful to thanks to everyone that has posted info so far.

im also on the hold list and waiting to see how it plays out. i have an acceptance elsewhere, but would take the fsu acceptance (if everything follows through in time w financial aid), should i get one, even given the short notice. it seems like there hasnt been any activity yet. usually SDN is a place to check for this kind of information. surprising considering the proximity to orientation. dana had said theyre going to wrap up all non-emergency seat fills by friday, so it looks to be resolved one way or the other soon

im also on the hold list and waiting to see how it plays out. i have an acceptance elsewhere, but would take the fsu acceptance (if everything follows through in time w financial aid), should i get one, even given the short notice. it seems like there hasnt been any activity yet. usually SDN is a place to check for this kind of information. surprising considering the proximity to orientation. dana had said theyre going to wrap up all non-emergency seat fills by friday, so it looks to be resolved one way or the other soon
Can I please get a clarification on what "non-emergency" seats are? Thank you!!

Hello everybody! This is my first post on here but I have to admit I have lurked quite a bit haha. I'm accepted to LECOM and I'm still on the hold list for FSU. I anyone else around here still on hold?? It is KILLING ME- I have tried to glean out some info from the admissions dept. up there but it seems to no avail. I assuming that because I haven't heard anything yet it must be a good thing because I know several people who were on the hold list that received rejections within the past few days. I still have hope and I would like to know if anyone else on here is in the same boat. Thanks guys and PS this forum is incredibly helpful to thanks to everyone that has posted info so far.
I am stiill on the waitlist too!!

First post but aaaahhhhh I'm so nervous I hope I hear from fsu tomorrow. I want to go there SO badly!!!! :luck:

I would assume an emergency seat would be filled if someone didn't show up to orientation.
yeah, thats what i meant by that. ive heard of scenarios where people don't show for orientation or jet during the first week or so (before you have to pay tuition) and someone flies in to fill the spot in a crunch

Got my rejection e-mail today!! Frustrating!!

yeah, thats what i meant by that. ive heard of scenarios where people don't show for orientation or jet during the first week or so (before you have to pay tuition) and someone flies in to fill the spot in a crunch

You don't have to pay tuition for a while. They never put the deadline before you get your financial aid.

We had one person start orientation and then got accepted somewhere else and left. Another person never showed. A girl in my class got accepted midway through orientation week.

You don't have to pay tuition for a while. They never put the deadline before you get your financial aid.

We had one person start orientation and then got accepted somewhere else and left. Another person never showed. A girl in my class got accepted midway through orientation week.

our class was the opposite, it was full from the very beginning. i knew some people that got off waitlist at other schools but they decided to stay at FSU (better choice :D)

good luck to those that are waiting.

Our class was full from the beginning as far as acceptances, but something happened and they couldn't show or they left for somewhere else.

Orientation in 24 hours...
AndHereWeGo.jpg

First day of orientation is exciting. The "holy crap, I'm in medical school" feeling is at its peak. I still have those moments, but I've pretty much come to terms with the fact that I am in medical school. It only took 3 years.

First day of orientation is exciting. The "holy crap, I'm in medical school" feeling is at its peak. I still have those moments, but I've pretty much come to terms with the fact that I am in medical school. It only took 3 years.

I'm still trying to figure out who you are in real life...hmmm :)

Yea, not very mysterious. I don't believe in complete anonymity on the Internet. I may say stupid or inflammatory things, but I try to take responsibility for them. Usually, it is a joke or sarcasm taken out of context though.

Status
Not open for further replies.