2011-2012 Hofstra Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry to be a downer....but has anyone been rejected post-interview yet?

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't heard anything back from them (interviewed in Nov.). According to last year's thread, people started getting wailist/rejection letters in mid-March.

I think there's a lot of people on the uc list. Kinda sad they have a wait list for a wait list (in essence)...

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, all groups are like this.

Those who have been accepted, please join (via request) the facebook group. One question that i think most of us who are sure/pretty-sure about going to Hofstra is whether to live in dorm (yuck) or in apartments.

and if so... where? Chime in guys.

Those who have been accepted, please join (via request) the facebook group. One question that i think most of us who are sure/pretty-sure about going to Hofstra is whether to live in dorm (yuck) or in apartments.

and if so... where? Chime in guys.

I definitely think I would prefer to get an apartment rather than dorm, what I heard from the students during my interview is that is the better option and there are a lot of towns close by that are only a short commute away.

Does anyone know when the last interviews are? I get the feeling they'll be holding off most acceptances until they finish interviews. :/

Just got rejected via email. Interviewed in December. Guess a return to NY isn't gonna be happening for a while for me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejection post interview and I interviewed back in early November :-/ Oh well, I was probably going to withdraw my application here anyway.

Good luck to the rest of you!

Just got the rejection email as well. Interviewed in October. Good luck to the rest of you!

interviewed in nov, rejected today...
kinda surprised since i thought my best interviews were here!

Rejected as well. Oh well, accepted to other schools I'd rather attend.

To all with the crappy news--has your online status changed as well?

Anyone who interviewed in February hear anything yet?

Rejected. Interviewed on November 18.

:(

Finally rejected post-interview. Interviewed 10/31 (was my first interview and #1 choice). Naaaeeeiioouu!

[YOUTUBE]xedDbZ7zH00[/YOUTUBE]

Finally rejected post-interview. Interviewed 10/31 (was my first interview and #1 choice). Naaaeeeiioouu!

[YOUTUBE]xedDbZ7zH00[/YOUTUBE]

i interviewed the same day as you!

bye the way, good luck to everyone and congratulations to all accepted...............especially you sunrider, you worked hard for this and deserve it!

sorry to hear that. good luck at upstate

Last edited:
Rejected. Interviewed in October. Oh well, a unique school but I don't think it would have been a good fit. Also, a lot of driving required. Nonetheless, good luck everyone waiting.

Hey, another reject party I'm involved with. Not as inclusive and big as the Columbia Reject party, but still a party.

Rejected today as well, Interviewed less than two weeks ago.

Basically, It seems that they are starting to weed out their possibilities and with just 60 seats, we all knew it was going to be difficult to get in.

rejected..interview early december..#1 choice since the school opened and my only interview..

From waitlist last year to rejection this year....ugh...I'm grateful that I've been accepted elsewhere but now I have to accept the fact that I won't be living close to my family for med school.

RRRREJECTED yesterday. Post interview (October). Not all that upset as I later realized the location probably wasn't the best fit.

Looking back, I probably shouldn't have spent the money on the interview. Flight, hotel, cabs, and food were all very expensive. And the acceptance rate just isn't all that great. Oh well, it was a nice experience and I got some great NY pizza.

Any recent acceptances/waitlists?

I also would like to know. I'm currently in the "have heard nothing since my interview in November" category. Anyone else with me? I'm hoping it's a good sign since I didn't get the ax yesterday, but who knows....

i also would like to know. I'm currently in the "have heard nothing since my interview in november" category. Anyone else with me? I'm hoping it's a good sign since i didn't get the ax yesterday, but who knows....
+1

RRRREJECTED yesterday. Post interview (October). Not all that upset as I later realized the location probably wasn't the best fit.

Looking back, I probably shouldn't have spent the money on the interview. Flight, hotel, cabs, and food were all very expensive. And the acceptance rate just isn't all that great. Oh well, it was a nice experience and I got some great NY pizza.

+1

I'm a little frustrated that this trip cost as much as it did (this was about my most expensive and didn't even include a flight) when they interview so many applicants for so few spots. It's a nice school and probably in 10 years will have built up quite a good reputation but it wasn't a good fit.

Rejected as well post interview, getting rejected after interviewing makes you feel shi**. but 800 interviews for 60 seats, I was using it as an excuse to visit NY.

My interviewer was a weirdo though, 80 year old radiologist who asked me strange interview questions (Define Triage) and had some senior moments in the middle of the interview. School did seem to have its stuff together though, we'll see how it pans out in 3 years when their first class graduates.

Rejected as well post interview, getting rejected after interviewing makes you feel shi**. but 800 interviews for 60 seats, I was using it as an excuse to visit NY.

My interviewer was a weirdo though, 80 year old radiologist who asked me strange interview questions (Define Triage) and had some senior moments in the middle of the interview. School did seem to have its stuff together though, we'll see how it pans out in 3 years when their first class graduates.

I think this is the most motivated staff I have seen. They seemed like they are really committed to becoming a top medical school. I believe that Hofstra will have an excellent reputation in the coming 5-10 years. I also think they will have some great residency placements, particularly within the LIJ system. It's just going to be extra hard to get in until they increase their number of seats.

Just got accepted for 2012 class. First choice. Will be attending this fall :)

Does Hofstra give out Merit money? If so, when? Just got Penn acceptance, if Hofstra is no cheaper, heck, I'll go to Penn.

Really... for a school that is trying to make a name for itself, the sound coming from them is DEAFENING. Knock knock... you there Hofstra ?

if Hofstra is no cheaper, heck, I'll go to Penn.

Published tuition at Hofstra is already cheaper than at Penn, then Hofstra also gives an additional $5000/yr for any admitted students because it is the second class. I don't know of any other merit aid, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.