2011-2012 Meharry Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys I received the secondary invite as well, but i am having difficulties with the site. When i click on the secondary link, I am prompted to enter a name as password. How would i go about obtaining one? Thanks for your help

On the secondary page there is an option to "create your account" for first time users.

Members don't see this ad.

I just got the meharry secondary today. I am glad i was screened in. Now time to work on it and send it in asap.

I want to get in!!!!!
there is no work limit on the essay....i hate those "why us"

ok back to work now :)

Members don't see this ad :)
This is so exciting, I want to get in soooo bad, it's taking me forever to do my secondaries...

Good luck everyone:love:

When did you guys receive a complete email after finishing your secondaries?

Thanks Jay. So when do they start interviewing?

No prob, looking at last yrs thread they start inviting people to interview in the beginning of october, interviews begin at the end of october, and the first acceptances were handed out in november.

this waiting game sucks lol

Truly Jay. I am constantly thinking about checking my email. I submitted it on sunday and it was confirmed on monday on the payment websited, so i hope i get the complete email from them soon.

No prob, looking at last yrs thread they start inviting people to interview in the beginning of october, interviews begin at the end of october, and the first acceptances were handed out in november.

this waiting game sucks lol

Just got the complete email from Meharry today!!!

Hold up! Pause.

Meharry is not LCME accredited. Pardon my ignorance, but what does mean?

Can I practice in California after medical school? Can I do residencies afterward?

Last edited:
Hold up! Pause.

Meharry is not LCME accredited. Pardon my ignorance, but what does mean?

Can I practice in California after medical school? Can I do residencies afterward?

Meharry is LCME accredited it's just having a review in 2013-2014 which occurs every 8 years. Calm down please

Meharry is LCME accredited it's just having a review in 2013-2014 which occurs every 8 years. Calm down please

Thank you so much for the clarification. :D

It doesn't say that they are LCME accredited and I got really confused.

Thanks again.

Members don't see this ad :)
The fact that they didn't give us a word limit has me stumped. I answered the question but I ended up with around 5500 characters. I think I can bring it down to like around 4200 or so but I still think that that is too many. How many characters did you guys end up having?

Can someone copy & paste the link to fill out the secondaries? They said the link was on CollegeNet but I can't find it....... All I see on the website is:
Medical School Admission - Deadline January 15

Medical Application Instructions
Supplemental Application for Medical School Admission

When I click on "supplemental application", it asks for username and password. How did you get username and pw???

Do they send out secondary invites only after AMCAS has been verified?

Hey Phoenix,
sorry no one answered your question. Did you figure it out?

When I click on "supplemental application", it asks for username and password. How did you get username and pw???

Yes i think so. Because once you are verified, they send you an email stating that they got your verified app and that they will send you a secondary after an initial review. Hope this helps.

Do they send out secondary invites only after AMCAS has been verified?

Mine's on October 10, when's yours?

Congrats on the interviews! If you don't mind sharing, when did you get your email stating that your file was complete? Thanks!

Last edited:
Interview! But due to my current financial situation, I think I'll have to give up my spot. Good luck everyone!

Congrats on the interviews! If you don't mind sharing, when did you get your email stating that your file was complete? Thanks!

Sent: 02:29 PM, August 18, 2011 (PST)
Confirmed: 02:33 PM, August 18, 2011 (PST)
Got the complete email on the 22nd of August
Interviewing on the 10th :)

So I was talking to a friend that pointed out to me the demographics for this school. I was going to apply but wasn't sure if I was going to be at a disadvantage because I am white seeing as the school is like 85% black?

So I was talking to a friend that pointed out to me the demographics for this school. I was going to apply but wasn't sure if I was going to be at a disadvantage because I am white seeing as the school is like 85% black?

I saw that too and was wondering the same thing. Some minorities aren't even present. What's up with that?

Anyways, I submitted my application on 8/22. I really hope that I get an interview. I would love to see what this campus is all about in person.

:idea: I wonder if daniel tosh would ever show up on campus on Meharry...

Booking a hotel room right now...dinero is going out the door FAST....and the price for a double bed and a single bed is the same. I'm seriously considering booking a double bed, because it feels like I should be getting half of my money back, or be able to benefit another Meharry applicant. Don't know if it's weird sharing a room with another applicant, but it sure does feel like a waste of money.

:idea:

I saw that too and was wondering the same thing. Some minorities aren't even present. What's up with that?

Anyways, I submitted my application on 8/22. I really hope that I get an interview. I would love to see what this campus is all about in person.

:idea: I wonder if daniel tosh would ever show up on campus on Meharry...

Haha for real. I though there were laws against that. What ever happened to Meharry doesn't discriminate against race and religion and all that. :laugh:

people with interviews..if you dont' mind me asking...what are your stats? IS/OOS, MCAT, GPA?

Booking a hotel room right now...dinero is going out the door FAST....and the price for a double bed and a single bed is the same. I'm seriously considering booking a double bed, because it feels like I should be getting half of my money back, or be able to benefit another Meharry applicant. Don't know if it's weird sharing a room with another applicant, but it sure does feel like a waste of money.

:idea:

lol i was thinking about the same but my mom is coming now...what part of MD do you live in?

Haha for real. I though there were laws against that. What ever happened to Meharry doesn't discriminate against race and religion and all that. :laugh:

:rofl: I want to say something, but it is as controversial as the concept of class warfare...so I'll keep my mouth shut....even though we're all thinking it. :rolleyes:

Sent: 02:29 PM, August 18, 2011 (PST)
Confirmed: 02:33 PM, August 18, 2011 (PST)
Got the complete email on the 22nd of August
Interviewing on the 10th :)

Very helpful info, thanks! I'm crossing my fingers for the secondary.

Congrats to all those with interviews!!

Yes Congrats to all! Quick question.... how long did it take for your app to be verified by AMCAS?

Thanks... I'm really excited about the possibilities, but this waiting game is:bang: All you guys with interviews, you gotta share.... Best Wishes!!!

Just got the secondary today! Finish it in a couple days and God willing an interview soon!

I wonder when the next batch of interview invites goes out. I got the complete email Aug 29th-ish...so nervous!

ALso does anyone know if the Meharry interview is open/closed (do the interviewers have access to your file before the interview date)?

ALso does anyone know if the Meharry interview is open/closed (do the interviewers have access to your file before the interview date)?

It can be either one depending on the interviewer.

I had a question on how to edit information that I input in the
secondary application. For example, one of the questions asks:

8. Have you ever participated in a summer or other enrichment program?
(e.g. Pre/Post Bac, Mentoring, Pipeline, and HCOP programs, etc.) Yes No
If yes, please provide name and location
Did you receive a stipend? Yes No

I selected "No" for the question, but accidental also selected "No" on
the sub-question, "Did you receive a stipend? Yes No ". However I
can't deselect my inquiry. I can only change my answer to "Yes" or
"No", but I can't leave those options blank once I have already
selected an option. In this case I inadvertently selected "No", but
I'm supposed to not select anything based on my answer of the previous
question.

Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks.

Uh no.... they "aint" quicker....:p still waiting! Well best wishes Quick What is on the secondary? If they charge an additional fee, how much was it?

'Please indicate why you wish to attend Meharry Medical College, School of Medicine?'

No word or character limit.

I forgot how much I paid.

From what I have heard from people who interview here, the amount of whites are equal and sometimes higher than blacks. It is just that many whites who apply use this as a "safety school." so that they decline their acceptances to attend more prestigious schools leaving mostly African Americans to actually attend the school. Just my opinion. Lets try to be positive now!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.