2011-2012 Meharry Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:soexcited:Secondary received:soexcited:. Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview Invite!
OS 3.6 31Q
Secondary received: 8/4
Secondary submitted: 8/27
New MCAT score: 8/30
Interview Invite: 10/20
Interview scheduled on: 11/21

Last edited:
SBAKSHI- lol, love the signature!

Interview set up for November 21st!

OS 3.6 and 31Q
Secondary submitted: September 2nd
Interview Invite: October 20th
Interview set up for December 5th!

Anyone already interview here that knows about hotels close the school, and about convenient transportation to/from the airport?

Amcas received 10/3
Secondary invte 10/11
Secondary submitted 10/15
Application complete email 10/20
Interview--> soon i hope:xf:

I was more concerned with how it translates into medical practice, like the question asked.

HMO stands for Health Maintenance Organization that were originally set up to provide preventative type of health services (i.e. early screening, yearly physical exams, etc.) Kaiser is a type of HMO for it comprises all types of health care practitioners all in one building for ease of treatment, coordination of care, etc. Personally I am interested in working in that type of environment that fosters team work and communication between providers to administer the best and most appropriate care possible.

HMO stands for Health Maintenance Organization that were originally set up to provide preventative type of health services (i.e. early screening, yearly physical exams, etc.) Kaiser is a type of HMO for it comprises all types of health care practitioners all in one building for ease of treatment, coordination of care, etc. Personally I am interested in working in that type of environment that fosters team work and communication between providers to administer the best and most appropriate care possible.

Thanks Dr. Curitas, well said. Where were you when I was filling out my secondaries?!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks Dr. Curitas, well said. Where were you when I was filling out my secondaries?!!!

My pleasure, although too late. I figured you might already have found the answer but I could still add my 2 cents. Now, you know how to handle it for the interview!
Best of luck.

Regarding the secondary application question, how many words/characters did you use? Is there a limit? Thanks for sharing your info.

Dr. Curitas,
There is no word limit so you can write however much you want. I wrote a page and a half. I think you should try to be concise. Hope this helps.

Regarding the secondary application question, how many words/characters did you use? Is there a limit? Thanks for sharing your info.

Has Meharry sent out any acceptances to you guys who already interviewed?

No acceptance, decline, or wait list yet. Estimate is another week and some days perhaps...

No acceptance, decline, or wait list yet. Estimate is another week and some days perhaps...

yikes! UGH!! how did u find out about the delay? I have been anxiously awaiting an email!:xf::xf::xf:

Just got the conformation e-mail, now I have to wait 6 more weeks! My MCAT score was pretty low, but I have a year of overseas volunteer work and very good post-bac grades.... God willing I'll get an interview!

Just got the conformation e-mail, now I have to wait 6 more weeks! My MCAT score was pretty low, but I have a year of overseas volunteer work and very good post-bac grades.... God willing I'll get an interview!

I hope you get it too~ ;-)

Hey so can anyone who has had an interview shed some light on the interview day. I also was wondering about the hotel they suggest we stay at. It seems a bit away from the college and I wondered if we are suppose to take a cab or if there is some kinda shuttle? Just trying to figure things out.

Hey so can anyone who has had an interview shed some light on the interview day. I also was wondering about the hotel they suggest we stay at. It seems a bit away from the college and I wondered if we are suppose to take a cab or if there is some kinda shuttle? Just trying to figure things out.

The hotel that they suggest to you provides all the shuttle service from/to the school and airport.

I received my complete email on October 20th...still have not heard anything yet :-/ . My mcat score isn't the best but I'm hoping they show me some love!

yikes! UGH!! how did u find out about the delay? I have been anxiously awaiting an email!:xf::xf::xf:

meeeee toooo. It's really starting to feel like my life is on hold. I really hope we hear back soon. :scared:

Still waiting for an interview invite :xf::xf: How fast does Meharry go about rejecting people? Are they one of those schools who wait until the last possible minute to let a sista know? I'm just really impatient and I NEED to know sooner than later, lol.

Still waiting for an interview invite :xf::xf: How fast does Meharry go about rejecting people? Are they one of those schools who wait until the last possible minute to let a sista know? I'm just really impatient and I NEED to know sooner than later, lol.

In the same boat as you! Oct 20 Complete email. Waiting for some love from MMC. :poke:

In the same boat as you! Oct 20 Complete email. Waiting for some love from MMC. :poke:

there must be a lot of us in the same boat, i was complete 10/18 so im guessing if we are going to get interviews which God willing we are we should all get them around the same time... keep me posted and i will do the same!! good luck and remember to keep up those positive thoughts!!!

Brittany, I think Meharry actually sends out invites quick. That's what it felt like to me when I got mine, it was the first school I heard back from. Your situation might be different if you applied late (assuming they have a much higher volume of applicants now).

Keep the faith :) You'll hear back soon

there must be a lot of us in the same boat, i was complete 10/18 so im guessing if we are going to get interviews which God willing we are we should all get them around the same time... keep me posted and i will do the same!! good luck and remember to keep up those positive thoughts!!!

I'm on a boat! (on a boat!) On a boat! Hee. :D (Aka, nice to be on the October completion date boat with everyone)

Meharry did say to allow up to 6 weeks for feedback, so worst case scenario, we should hear back early December...

Hi ya all,

I am new to this forum but I hope this can help. to all of you that were completed in Oct, just be patient you will be receiving an invite after a month. I was completed on 09/19 and received an invite on 10/20 for 12/05. I checked the turnover time from last year's applicants and on average it is 4 wks. Hope this helps. Good luck to us all.

Anyone knows how many students Meharry interviews per invite day?

Anyone that had 10 am interview. What time where you done? I am trying to book my flight and I don't wanna miss my return flight.

Anyone that had 10 am interview. What time where you done? I am trying to book my flight and I don't wanna miss my return flight.

For the am interviews, I think the day ended at like 1pm. You do a survey after lunch, then you are free to go. It's prob ~ 20minute trip to the airport.

meeeee toooo. It's really starting to feel like my life is on hold. I really hope we hear back soon. :scared:

Yes!! Hopefully we will know by MONDAY!!! I'm pretty sure they told us we would know in three weeks and that will be three weeks from the interview!! :xf:

Last edited:

We finished sometime around 2:30pm, but I would say just to be in the safe side plan to be done around 3

Yes!! Hopefully we will know by MONDAY!!! I'm pretty sure they told us we would know in three weeks and that will be three weeks from the interview!! :xf:

++++++1
Im hoping its monday....... and that its good news!!!

I pray they tell us Monday... I keep replaying the interview in my mind and it is really freaking me out!!! We had a great group (10/10/11), I hope we all get in and those waiting too. Everyone is in my prayers :):xf:

I pray they tell us Monday... I keep replaying the interview in my mind and it is really freaking me out!!! We had a great group (10/10/11), I hope we all get in and those waiting too. Everyone is in my prayers :):xf:

yes a great group :) Good luck everyone:luck:

just got an interview invite!! yay! Planning my trip now. Anyone else interviewing on Dec 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.