2011-2012 Psychology PhD/PsyD Interview Invite thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
MSPP sent out an email with interviews for Clinical PsyD applicants - January 27th.

What's MSPP?

Members don't see this ad.

Question- A POI invited me on to the in person interview on a Sat, and told me to be expecting an email with the details. Its now Friday and I have yet to get the email. Kinda starting to worry….

Question- A POI invited me on to the in person interview on a Sat, and told me to be expecting an email with the details. Its now Friday and I have yet to get the email. Kinda starting to worry….

I wouldn't worry. Professors are probably terribly busy right now.

Members don't see this ad :)

Don't get worried. We have the same interview invite and I haven't received anything either. Everyone's on break for the holidays right now so I'm not expecting to hear any new details until the first week of January. :thumbup:

I am waiting on UW-Milwaukee clinical as well. Would folks mind PMing me their POI's?

Thanks and congratulations to all who have received interview thus far.

Oh, and any word for Minnesota Counseling? (to be distinguished from the combined school, clinical, and counseling program).

Thanks!

Oh, and any word for Minnesota Counseling? (to be distinguished from the combined school, clinical, and counseling program).

Thanks!

I am waiting on them as well. No word yet on my end.

I am waiting on them as well. No word yet on my end.
I've heard that Minnesota counseling and CSPP (Counseling & School Personnel Psychology) send out letters of acceptance/rejection in the mail. Unfortunately I'm home for the holidays so I won't be able to check my mail box.. Do you think they send emails out along with the letters?

Zebra, I think the CSPP is different from counseling psychology...

Anyone else apply to UW-Milwaukee Clinical?

UGH, so I just heard back about my UCSB Skype interview.

The e-mail from the admin reads, "Thank you for recently taking the time to interview with [POI name] via Skype. I wanted to let you know that you are still being considered for admission, but we are not inviting you to campus at this time."

I'm confused; why don't they just say I'm rejected? Obviously I'm not on their short list. :(

Last edited:
I spoke to the admissions office earlier this week and they said that invites would go out the week of January 9th....

I think we have a little time before we start to get nervous...

I spoke to the admissions office earlier this week and they said that invites would go out the week of January 9th....

I think we have a little time before we start to get nervous...

Which program were you referring to, psychology212?

Members don't see this ad :)
Zebra, I think the CSPP is different from counseling psychology...

Anyone else apply to UW-Milwaukee Clinical?
FYI... CSPP is different from the more heavily research-oriented "Counseling Psychology" program at the U of MN (Department of Psychology)... However, CSPP has funded counseling psychology track (School of Education) that confers clinical licensure

This made me so happy! UCSB counseling track sent out an email today, I got it this afternoon :) (i previously also had a skype interview):D

School name: UCSB
Program type/track: Counseling PhD
Date received: Email 12/23
How were you notified: personalized email that was sent by the program coordinator? hristina M. Dotson
Interview: January 18

adventurera congrats on the interview that's wonderful!

and questionreality I'm sorry that's so crappy...
I think that I'm in the same boat though. I had a UCSB skype interview with my POI (clinical) on the 15th and still haven't heard anything..I didn't feel great about it. but it would be nice if someone eventually emailed me saying sorry buddy. they've just left me hanging and i'm pretty sure all of the in-person interview invites have gone out at this point :/

anyway happy holidays to everyone & hopefully the new year is filled with interviews and offers for all of us!

Happy Christmas Eve all!

I thought I would share this "I Just Got an Interview for a Clinical Psychology Doctoral Program What do I do?!" document from Mitch. Some of you might have already read this - but just in case you haven't, here it is. There's some very thorough, well articulated, and valuable tips in this.
Enjoy :)

Attachments

• Interview for a Clinical Psychology Doctoral Program.pdf
    60.8 KB · Views: 181
Happy Christmas Eve all!

I thought I would share this "I Just Got an Interview for a Clinical Psychology Doctoral Program What do I do?!" document from Mitch. Some of you might have already read this - but just in case you haven't, here it is. There's some very thorough, well articulated, and valuable tips in this.
Enjoy :)

I give this two thumbs up, there are some very good insights on the process. Thank you kindly :)

Has anyone heard anything from any Canadian schools?

(PS - congratulations to all who got interviews!)

Last edited:
Does anyone know if USC still does interviews after 1/13? I didn't get their mass email this month... does that mean I'm SOL for an interview, or do they invite more people later? Feeling pretty down, really was hoping to go there!

Florida State's interview weekend for PHD clinical psychology is February 18-20th.

Does anyone know if USC still does interviews after 1/13? I didn't get their mass email this month... does that mean I'm SOL for an interview, or do they invite more people later? Feeling pretty down, really was hoping to go there!

My understanding is that USC usually only have one interview date, but I bet you can get in touch with USC and ask if they'll have more interview dates/if all invites are out yet...

Thanks! I will do that and let you guys know if I get a reply!

The DCT at USC got back to me and said only this:
One set of interview invitations has gone out and, more generally, our admissions are on a rolling basis.

I guess this means there is still hope!

The DCT at USC got back to me and said only this:
One set of interview invitations has gone out and, more generally, our admissions are on a rolling basis.

I guess this means there is still hope!

Thanks! Did the DCT clarify whether there are additional interview weekends?

Anybody going nuts, checking these forums like 5X a day to see if any more schools were added to the invite list?! Definitely not ME...:whistle:

I was in your shoes last year and know what your going through, I was doing the same thing. To answer your question the next couple of months will definetly drive you nuts, but don't start to fret just yet because most schools don't start sending out invites until January and some Feburary as well. You get to stress about the invites and then even more about the interview. It will be a tough couple of months. Waiting sucks but it will all work out. Have hope!

Hi all,

Got a call from my POI at Tulsa inviting me for an interview. I know tulsa is already on the list but for those of you who have not heard they are still calling prospective students so all hope is not lost yet.

I'm so glad everyone else is owning up to that, too! I have this page open all day and I'm trying really hard not to refresh more than a couple of times per day. I wish we could just fast forward time, seriously. This is worse than actually filling out apps.

Just received an email from my POI at University of Florida (Counseling PhD) requesting a phone interview sometime in the next week. Again, it's implied to be a pre-interview for the actual interview day. Thought I'd be waiting around a bit longer to hear more news, but I'm not complaining! :D

I'm so glad everyone else is owning up to that, too! I have this page open all day and I'm trying really hard not to refresh more than a couple of times per day. I wish we could just fast forward time, seriously. This is worse than actually filling out apps.

Yep, I probably check either SDN or TGC over 50 times a day, and that's not even counting my school email account. It's a problem.

Yep, I probably check either SDN or TGC over 50 times a day, and that's not even counting my school email account. It's a problem.

Is TGC the grad cafe? and if so which thread tells you about invites?

What is the grad cafe site for psychology? I always get pretty sparse threads when I search it on google.

I just got my first invite, SO excited!

Here is the information:
Clinical psychology PhD
University of Oregon
Email from POI
Interview date: January 20th

@pellynne

The only one on your list I applied to was U of Montana, and I haven't heard back from them. The applications aren't due until Jan 1 though for it so I assume we have a bit of time.

Has anybody heard anything from Indiana Bloomington for Counseling? Invites have gone out according to gradcafe but I have not seen anything HERE yet which has caused me to cling to a tiny, tiny strand of hope... Anybody know if the invite was a mass email? Hang in there everyone!

update on UA-Tuscaloosa Clinical Program:

Formal Interview invites should go out next week or the following for 2/10 interview day.

Edit: 2/10 is for the Clinical health tract only

Last edited:
happy holidays everyone,
I'm an international applicant and I've applied to Drexel Uni., Kent State, Eastern Michig., Uni of Montana, UMASS Boston, American Uni.and Georgia State Clinical PhD programs. Has anyone ever heard interview calls from these schools? Thanks to all. :rolleyes:

I applied to three of those schools a few years ago. EMU was late Jan, American was early Feb, and Montana was Feb (although I didn't get invited to the latter). Also, American has two interview dates with two separate invitation rounds, so understand that all hope is not lost if you don't get an invite when other SDNers do. I believe the first round is offered in late Jan and the second in early Feb.

A good piece of advice is to check last year's invite thread. Usually schools tend to interview/send invites around the same date.

I also wanted to offer some encouragement to everyone waiting here. I didn't start getting invites until Jan. I was just about ready to give up all hope, but then they all started pouring in at once. So don't throw in the towel just yet :)

Last edited: