2011-2012 Tulane Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a rejection yesterday. Oh well, considering the vast number of applicants they get I was expecting it.

Members don't see this ad.

Rejected today. Complete 7/12. My stats were only a little above their averages.

This whole process is just so arbitrary...

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected today. Complete 7/12. My stats were only a little above their averages.

This whole process is just so arbitrary...

Arbitrary's probably not the right word, but we obviously don't know what they're looking for. Sorry about the rejection.

It seems they are going by day of completion. At least maybe theres some order to this purging madness :laugh:

looking on mdapplicants profile pages, I'm finding a bit of a trend. It looks like a lot of people being rejected have GPAs lower than 3.8 and their MCAT scores are not consistent, as in 12, 11, 8. Anybody follow that? or anybody care to comment for whom that is not the case?

looking on mdapplicants profile pages, I'm finding a bit of a trend. It looks like a lot of people being rejected have GPAs lower than 3.8 and their MCAT scores are not consistent, as in 12, 11, 8. Anybody follow that? or anybody care to comment for whom that is not the case?
I was complete 7/11, have GPA 3.4 and MCAT (14,12,10) but have not heard anything

Lol look at my mdapps.. iono if you call a 9 BS inconsistent?

one survivor!
Lol, one of the very few survivors from 7/11 massacre. It's weird cuz it seems like I have one of the weaker stats. Maybe they'll put me on hold until end of season :eek: Man, if they do that, they will be hearing from me every other minute until I hear a decision :mad: Really hoping for some good luck here :luck::luck::luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
10k apply
400 interview
??? acceptances
187 matriculants

essentially cut down 9600 applicants (maybe reserve a hundred or so for those who withdraw their invites)

anybody know where these numbers came from? 10,000 is the largest number of applicants I've seen. Sorry if it's right there in the MSAR, I did not buy access to it.

anybody know where these numbers came from? 10,000 is the largest number of applicants I've seen. Sorry if it's right there in the MSAR, I did not buy access to it.

He was way off. It was 10,038 last year. Georgetown and GW have about the same number. Boston has more than 11,000.

Lol, one of the very few survivors from 7/11 massacre. It's weird cuz it seems like I have one of the weaker stats. Maybe they'll put me on hold until end of season :eek: Man, if they do that, they will be hearing from me every other minute until I hear a decision :mad: Really hoping for some good luck here :luck::luck::luck:

I'm also a 7/11 survivor!!! :luck: So excited about Tulane :)

I'm also a 7/11 survivor!!! :luck: So excited about Tulane :)

Same here. Hoping to hear something positive in the near future. I was looking through last year's thread and didn't find anything about these waves of rejections before good news.

I like how we just coined the phrase "7/11 survivors"
off to watch some House... good luck ladies and gents :)

i'm 7/13 but haven't received any rejection notices yet...knock on wood.

7/15
if they continue at this same rate I'll know by wednesday if I'm safe or not. Seems to be about 17 days between completion email and rejection.
yay, rejection roulette.

I sent my application on 7/17 but still haven't received a complete email. Anyone in the same position?

I sent my application on 7/17 but still haven't received a complete email. Anyone in the same position?

I submitted my secondary and fee 6/29 and didn't get a complete email until 7/15, they're probably taking longer now since its a little later in the cycle. don't sweat.

Yeah, I got the complete email 7/13. I'm still alive

I submitted my secondary 7/28. I was looking on their site to try and find a place to check my status, but I couldn't find anything. Does anyone know if they have a status checker?

hey guys,

32R MCAT - 12P 9V 11BS
3.94 Overall GPA
3.91 Science GPA

How does this look? I never paid any attention to statistics and stuff so I have no idea.

hey guys,

32R MCAT - 12P 9V 11BS
3.94 Overall GPA
3.91 Science GPA

How does this look? I never paid any attention to statistics and stuff so I have no idea.

Well, an important part of a succesful application cycle is paying attention to admission statistics.

Your stats look good for Tulane. Go for it if you will be happy at this school.

Any more rejections thursday or friday? If so please include the date you got the complete email too.

Any more rejections thursday or friday? If so please include the date you got the complete email too.
I know that you're curious about your chances, but don't you think it's a little going over the board asking people whether they're rejected or not? If they feel like sharing, they will, but I don't think it's nice to demand for a detailed answer, especially since it isn't a happy thing to be rejected . Btw, I haven't been rejected by Tulane yet, 7/11 complete, since you're interested.

Excuse me, it's a question, not a demand. I guess if they felt like sharing they would, or maybe it didn't occur to them to post right away. And yes, rejection is painful, but people move on, and might not talking about it help?

Excuse me, it's a question, not a demand. I guess if they felt like sharing they would, or maybe it didn't occur to them to post right away. And yes, rejection is painful, but people move on, and might not talking about it help?

yo chill. pappy's got a point.

it was more than a question, try re-reading your post above again. it sounded a bit entitled.

we're all friends here.

yo chill. pappy's got a point.

it was more than a question, try re-reading your post above again. it sounded a bit entitled.

we're all friends here.
Congrats on your interview invite to Jefferson. Go and own Philadelphia, my fellow Irviner :) (I didn't go to UCI but I have been living in Irvine for 10 years)

nebody know if this school factors in the residency? if so, how much does it help? Thanks

nebody know if this school factors in the residency? if so, how much does it help? Thanks

In-state: 432 applied, 27 matriculated
OOS: 9,283 applied, 155 matriculated

seems like tulane has been quiet over the past few days after the 7/11 rejection massacre

Also rejected this morning, kind of amusing how I've had better luck at my top choices than my "bottom of the barrel safety schools". Oh well not really complaining...

I wonder if these so called "safety" schools know they're safety schools and reject those most likely to get in elsewhere, or I'm merely missing something in particular that the look for in applicants.

Good luck to the rest of you, I really wanted an excuse to visit New Orleans and party there :(

Also rejected this morning, kind of amusing how I've had better luck at my top choices than my "bottom of the barrel safety schools". Oh well not really complaining...

I wonder if these so called "safety" schools know they're safety schools and reject those most likely to get in elsewhere, or I'm merely missing something in particular that the look for in applicants.

Good luck to the rest of you, I really wanted an excuse to visit New Orleans and party there :(
Classy insulting a school that rejected you that might be someone else's top choice. Good luck in your future endeavors.

I could understand seeing Tulane undergrad as a safety, but a med school that accepts less than 4% of applicants seems like too much of a risk to be a safety.

Then hopefully they will show me some love, because I'm probably not going to get to much from other schools, if any.

Status
Not open for further replies.