2011-2012 Tulane Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
complete email 7/11. and rejection this morning.
thought those were lucky numbers... ;/

Members don't see this ad :)
I had complete email jul 11 too : /

I had complete email jul 11 too : /

Ahhh me too! Good luck everyone!:xf: I hope we start hearing about interviews soon!

Last edited:
:scared:
RAPTURE.jpg

Goodness, a lot of 7/11 complete comrades falling today. I still haven't heard anything from Tulane, complete 7/11. Man, I hope it's not another re-review. I got those from pretty much all the schools last year only to be rejected in Spring

Goodness, a lot of 7/11 complete comrades falling today. I still haven't heard anything from Tulane, complete 7/11. Man, I hope it's not another re-review. I got those from pretty much all the schools last year only to be rejected in Spring

Wait what? I think only 1 person complete 7/11 has been rejected so far...

look at page 3

Ooh my bad. I didn't realize so many people had posted today so I didn't even look at page 3! Sorry to everyone who got rejections, and hopefully for the rest of us no news = good news :xf:

Rejected as well. I was complete 7/11 too.

Members don't see this ad :)
To the guests... please man up and post.

No one likes a lurker.

No much for me to post as I am applying next cycle. Just watching how other schools behave and it seems Tulane is a bit uncomfortable with higher numbers. I guess Tulane expects people that are very serious about going there with high numbers would have applied EDP. I am willing to bet those with GPA close to 3.6 and an MCAT around 32 and those currently attending an SMP or those that have finished will do well but later in the season. Good luck everybody and don't mind my lurking.

How long did complete emails take? I'm almost three weeks out from date of submission (7/14).

Complete 7/11, rejected this morning. Nice to know now rather than get jerked around for 6 months like SOME schools.

No much for me to post as I am applying next cycle. Just watching how other schools behave and it seems Tulane is a bit uncomfortable with higher numbers. I guess Tulane expects people that are very serious about going there with high numbers would have applied EDP. I am willing to bet those with GPA close to 3.6 and an MCAT around 32 and those currently attending an SMP or those that have finished will do well but later in the season. Good luck everybody and don't mind my lurking.
I agree with this post. After looking through the stats of ppl who got rejected today, it seems like Tulane is rejecting the high stats ppl beforehand. They're probably thinking "you probably won't enroll in our school anyways because you'll get in somewhere else so why bother?" For those rejected today, you guys have monster numbers so don't fret, you'll definitely get invited to other places :)

errrbody getting rejected... to the rejectees, Cheers!
and on to the next one.

No response yet. Complete 7/15, hoping for some love from my undergraduate institution! :xf: I would love to go back to NOLA!

Wow, today is a brutal day for 7/11ers. Glad I didn't submit til 7/12! (No file-complete e-mail yet.) Fingers crossed that good things come to those who wait.

So, with all these rejections, has anyone been blessed with an interview invite yet?

Wow, today is a brutal day for 7/11ers. Glad I didn't submit til 7/12! (No file-complete e-mail yet.) Fingers crossed that good things come to those who wait.

So, with all these rejections, has anyone been blessed with an interview invite yet?

Nope, but i was complete 7/11 and have yet to be rejected

omg yall have me all nervous now. I received the "under review" email 7/15, missed the unlucky completion date, hopefully mine is not coming soon....:scared:

rejected.....complete super early i forgot when around when those guys were haha....

i wonder if someone hacked into tulane and went "ok let's have some fun..........reject reject reject reject" :laugh:

cause that's a lot of rejections in one day wow...

rejected.....complete super early i forgot when around when those guys were haha....

i wonder if someone hacked into tulane and went "ok let's have some fun..........reject reject reject reject" :laugh:

cause that's a lot of rejections in one day wow...

dont like 10,000 apply?

which is exactly why they have to cut app numbers down.

Exactly. They have less than 100 slots. Doesn't surprise me that they cut. just didnt think they would cut all these big numbers

dont like 10,000 apply?

10k apply
400 interview
??? acceptances
187 matriculants

essentially cut down 9600 applicants (maybe reserve a hundred or so for those who withdraw their invites)

Exactly. They have less than 100 slots. Doesn't surprise me that they cut. just didnt think they would cut all these big numbers

They probably have a lot of high numbers applicants. They know that these people won't go to Tulane, and would rather hit up a top 20.

They probably have a lot of high numbers applicants. They know that these people won't go to Tulane, and would rather hit up a top 20.

I figured that much. I know some public schools will do that too. Oh well, should have made my secondary be like "will kill for tulane, erm ..."

i'm like right on the money stats wise....

but CB, you're a very good candidate for any med school imo

I figured that much. I know some public schools will do that too. Oh well, should have made my secondary be like "will kill for tulane, erm ..."

Hahaha that would have gotten the ball rolling.

i'm like right on the money stats wise....

but CB, you're a very good candidate for any med school imo

Thanks kautionwirez! Even though I don't think so! Someone will take me hopefully!!

Tulane, I love you deeply.

this might be a ridiculous notion...but do some schools reject people if they're stats are TOO good?

if that's the case, medicine has a bleak future...

this might be a ridiculous notion...but do some schools reject people if they're stats are TOO good?

seems to be so, yeah. if a school figures you're gonna end up somewhere else since you have a 40 MCAT, 4.0 GPA, and saved the rainforest while battling dengue, why put on the waitlist, stress out and deprive the 30 MCAT and 3.5 GPA student of the faster acceptance?

Tulane should want those people with the stellar stats, especially the ones doing crazy amounts of community service. Tulane is like, tops for community service. Besides, all schools want to graduate their whole class, and for the class as a whole to do well on USMLE, grades and MCAT are a good indicator of how well you'll do on those. Rejecting the cream of the crop would go against what they're trying to gain.

Tulane should want those people with the stellar stats, especially the ones doing crazy amounts of community service. Tulane is like, tops for community service. Besides, all schools want to graduate their whole class, and for the class as a whole to do well on USMLE, grades and MCAT are a good indicator of how well you'll do on those. Rejecting the cream of the crop would go against what they're trying to gain.

Tulane has a pretty tight MCAT range. 10th-90th is 30-35; most schools' range is broader. Maybe they're catering to 33s instead of some 29s and some 40s. With 10,000 applicants, it's not hard to find 100 people with that MCAT range and plenty of community service. With a GPA range of 3.2-3.85, that doesn't seem to be a deciding factor.

I hope this isn't the case because my MCAT is outside that range, but...

Lol not to be a sore thumb in this debate but I was a 33 MCAT and I got the rejection too... O well everyone's different lolz

I'm pretty sure they do accept a few 4.0/40 students but those people would probably choose the JHUs and Harvards out there instead of Tulane. They probably have seen higher eventual matriculation rates with a certain type of more moderate-stats applicant.

Tulane has a pretty tight MCAT range. 10th-90th is 30-35; most schools' range is broader. Maybe they're catering to 33s instead of some 29s and some 40s. With 10,000 applicants, it's not hard to find 100 people with that MCAT range and plenty of community service. With a GPA range of 3.2-3.85, that doesn't seem to be a deciding factor.

I hope this isn't the case because my MCAT is outside that range, but...

I hope you're right, you're making it sound like I'm a perfect candidate because I'm right in those ranges with a pretty good MCAT and mediocre GPA! And for your sake, I hope your MCAT is outside the range on the upper end.

Got my file-complete e-mail today. Here we go!

Lol not to be a sore thumb in this debate but I was a 33 MCAT and I got the rejection too... O well everyone's different lolz

I was in the range as well. I had like 300 hours of service too over the 3 years in college. oh well.no use crying over spilled milk

Status
Not open for further replies.