2011-2012 Wayne State Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:D

Just a final question. Do you think it is still worth going through taking extra courses if I am able to only get about 12 credits under my belt before applying? It costs alot of money and I'm trying to stay out of as much debt as I can....

No, I do not think it would benefit you much without completing the 20 credits for Wayne specifically. Here, go see this website. And pursue this self assessment.

http://www.med.wayne.edu/admissions/self_assesment.asp

See what admissions tells you at Wayne.

If Wayne is your goal... then do it to it.

Good luck!!

Members don't see this ad.

LOL, it didn't take me that long to type it out. I'm hoping my willingness to help reaps me at least one acceptance this cycle. That's all I want. Just somewhere to call home and to become a doctaaaaa.:laugh:

I remember you saying that ur mcat score was in the upper 30s though. I dont think anyone with that high of a score would have a difficult time getting in.

Codeblu since you are familiar with Wayne do you have any idea when are they going to respond to us? I have been complete since Aug-18 and still no response. I know you have been complete around that time too. What do you think?

Members don't see this ad :)
I remember you saying that ur mcat score was in the upper 30s though. I dont think anyone with that high of a score would have a difficult time getting in.

Hahaha, yeah but I will preach it until I die... it's not just about the numbers. :)

Codeblu since you are familiar with Wayne do you have any idea when are they going to respond to us? I have been complete since Aug-18 and still no response. I know you have been complete around that time too. What do you think?

First off... nice first post... a little creepy... but nice :) They can take anywhere from a week to 4 months. There is no order.

if your OOS and receive a secondary does that mean you have a good chance for an interview?

If you don't get in, CodeBlu, I'm going to eat a poop hot dog. You're getting in for sure. You got a great story and great stats. :)

lol I did not notice that was my first post. I thought I have written something here before! been looking around these forums since 2008 lol.

I just want to understand something. What do they mean by we do not have a rolling admission? is it because the 1/7th of the class acceptance method. Like I do not even have a slight advantage for submitting kind of early.

lol I did not notice that was my first post. I thought I have written something here before! been looking around these forums since 2008 lol.

I just want to understand something. What do they mean by we do not have a rolling admission? is it because the 1/7th of the class acceptance method. Like I do not even have a slight advantage for submitting kind of early.

If you're not outright rejected... nope not a huge advantage.

Screened in this afternoon!

Was emailed on 9/6 that they received my primary and screened in around 4 today (9/15) for anyone interested

Screen in a week ago, OOS.

45A/4.0

multiple awards: Science Fair Participant Award (3rd Grade), Super Student of the Week (1st Grade), Blue Ribbon Spelling Bee Award (5th Grade), 50 Gold Stars (kindergarten)

Members don't see this ad :)

The numbers, your right. I pulled them out of no where, too much emphasis on them in these parts.

Real: 3.6-3.79 and mcat mid 30's

"After a preliminary review of your application, we are inviting you to submit secondary materials and would like to receive the following items from you within four weeks of the date of this e-mail in order to complete your application. Please be sure to indicate your name and AAMC ID number on all materials. Etc, etc, etc"

Your pal,

Wayne State

I am an IS, my primary was verified 9/7 and I took the MCAT late so I have not received my score yet, could that be why I have not heard anything yet?

Do you guys think that the dimensions of the photo we need to send has to be 2'' by 2''? Or can we send photos of other dimensions? I have a couple of passport photos I can use but they're not 2'' by 2''.

Last edited:
You guys think that the dimensions of the photo we have to send has to be 2'' by 2''? Or can we send photos of other dimensions? I have couple of passport photos I can use but they're not 2'' by 2''.

I sent one in that was a grad photo size... 2.5 by 2.5... doesn't really matter I guess. As long as they can put it in your file.

Don't get sending them a 4x6 or 8x11... unless youz Jessica Alba or Justin Timberlake.

Interviewed at Wayne last week and absolutely loved it. The people were nice beyond belief, and the facilities seemed great. My interviewer said she'd be presenting my file to the committee today, but I'll have to wait until October 24th to find out their decision. The wait is going to be brutal. Good luck to all who hope to go here. I think it would be an amazing place to train. Cheers:luck:

rejected via snail mail dated 9-1
3.5/32R/OOS
good luck everyone!

Interview! Fortunately, the day they assigned me works out pretty well. :)

Steve and PinkPanther can you post when were you complete at Wayne? I just want to know if they have reached August 18th batch

Steve and PinkPanther can you post when were you complete at Wayne? I just want to know if they have reached August 18th batch

I was complete somewhere around August 7-11. Good luck!

Interview invite as well. Complete 8/25

Also invited for an interview. Complete 8/18

Hi guys, I desperately need your advice here.

WSU just sent me an email, telling me they have scheduled an interview for me on Oct 31...But I'd be out of the country then.

Is it possible to reschedule the interview?

And if it is, would interviewing at a later date decrease my chance of acceptance?

Thank you!

Thank you for the reply and the good luck wishes guys although I am almost sure by now that it is a rejection. lol
Wayne is the only school that I stand any chance at. Anyway, I think I need to rewrite the MCAT. 31 proved to be not enough at all.

Hi guys, I desperately need your advice here.

WSU just sent me an email, telling me they have scheduled an interview for me on Oct 31...But I'd be out of the country then.

Is it possible to reschedule the interview?

And if it is, would interviewing at a later date decrease my chance of acceptance?

Thank you!

Call them, tell them you won't be able to make that interview because you'll be out of the country.

Rescheduling for later doesn't put you at a disadvantage with Wayne State, but try to get it earlier. The earlier you get the acceptance... the better.

Interview invite today too. Complete Sep 8th. Considering they do everything paper-based, that was a really quick response.

Interview Invite. IS, complete August 10. 30Q/3.67/3.71. Very diverse EC's. Invited via snail mail.

Anyone from eastern Canada interviewing on Oct 31st wants to share a lift?

Also, from google map, Windsor's airport seems closer than Detroit's. Anyone knows if going through that airport is doable?

Also, from google map, Windsor's airport seems closer than Detroit's. Anyone knows if going through that airport is doable?
I live in the area, so I will warn you, flying into Windsor and driving in may look closer, but if there is a backup at the border, which is common, you could be delayed hours. The drive from Detroit Metro Airport is maybe 40 minutes, so I would fly in there if you can.

I live in the area, so I will warn you, flying into Windsor and driving in may look closer, but if there is a backup at the border, which is common, you could be delayed hours. The drive from Detroit Metro Airport is maybe 40 minutes, so I would fly in there if you can.

I would say it's even less than that.

Same here! I'm from Toronto and they scheduled me for Oct 31st as well. But I'd be out of the country then so I asked for a reschedule. Best of luck and let us know how it goes :D:thumbup:

On the question that asks you to describe a person or experience that greatly influenced your development, would it be OK to name both my parents as influences? I feel bad picking just one, because both of them have a had a huge impact on who I am today.

On the question that asks you to describe a person or experience that greatly influenced your development, would it be OK to name both my parents as influences? I feel bad picking just one, because both of them have a had a huge impact on who I am today.

I did one. Same situation as you.

Once you start writing, you only have space for one. I really had to slim down my essay on one of my parents.

I did one. Same situation as you.

Once you start writing, you only have space for one. I really had to slim down my essay on one of my parents.

True, they're only 250-500 word essays. I guess I'll have to choose 1 :p I just won't tell my parents that...

Haven't heard from Wayne in a while. Hoping for some good news soon! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.