2011 Match Lists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tufts went 15/15 in ortho at some great programs.

Members don't see this ad.

There was never even really a debate. The PD's have all done surveys in all the specialties mentioned above. We can just look at their responses to determine how much weight the your school plays. If I remember correctly, in most specialties it wasn't even one of the top 7 factors determining selection of residents.
Do you have the link to said surveys? Just curious, thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anesthesiology
Beth Israel Deaconess
Mt Sinai Hospital
NYP Hosp Weill Cornell
St Louis Univ School of Medicine
UC Irvine Med Ctr

Emergency Medicine
Alameda County Med Ctr-CA
Baylor Coll Med
Mt Sinai Hospital
NYP Hosp-Columbia & Cornell
U of Washington Affil Hosps
Yale New Haven Hosp

Family Medicine
Lancaster Gen Hosp-PA
Sutter Health Program-CA
Swedish Medical Center-WA

General Surgery
NYP Hosp Columbia
Stamford Hospital/Columbia-CT

Internal Medicine
Beth Israel Deaconess
Brigham & Women’s Hosp (2)
Massachusetts Gen Hosp (2)
Mt Sinai Hospital (3)
North Shore LIJ Health Sys
NYP Hosp Columbia
NYP Hosp Weill Cornell (5)
Rhode Island Hosp/Brown U
UC San Francisco
U Michigan Hosps-Ann Arbor
Univ of North Carolina Hospitals
Yale New Haven Hosp

Medicine – Primary Care
NYP Hosp Weill Cornell (2)
Mt Sinai Hospital

Med-Peds
Univ of Rochester-Strong Mem

Neurological Surgery
Henry Ford HSC-MI Med School
NYP Hosp Weill Cornell
St Joseph’s Hospital-AZ

Ophthalmology
Duke Univ Hosp Program
NYP Hosp Weill Cornell
Oregon Health & Science
UCLA Med Ctr
Willis Eye/Thomas Jefferson

Orthopedic Surgery
Albany Med Ctr
Harvard Combined/Mass Gen Hosp
Hospital for Special Surgery-NY
NYU School of Medicine

Otolaryngology

OB-GYN
Brown U/Women & Infants Hosp of RI
Drexel COM/Hahnemann Univ Hosp
Kaiser Permanente SF-CA
NYP Hosp Weill Cornell
Long Island Jewish
Stony Brook Teach Hosps

Pediatrics
CHOP (Medical genetics)
Massachusetts Gen Hosp
NYP Hosp Weill Cornell (3)
NYP Hosp Columbia
Univ of Connecticut Med Ctr

Pediatric Neurology
Albert Einstein College of Medicine
NYP Hosp Weill Cornell

Physical Medicine & Rehab
Med Coll Wisconsin Affil Hosps
Univ of Pittsburgh Med Ctr

Plastic Surgery
Brigham & Women’s

Psychiatry
NYP Hosp Columbia

Radiology-Diagnostic
Brigham & Women’s
Duke Univ Hosp Program
U Chicago Med Ctr

Surgery Prelim
UCLA Med Ctr
Washington Hospital DC

Urology
Thomas Jefferson Univ

Anesthesiology
Beth Israel Deaconess
Mt Sinai Hospital
NYP Hosp Weill Cornell
St Louis Univ School of Medicine
UC Irvine Med Ctr

Emergency Medicine
Alameda County Med Ctr-CA
Baylor Coll Med
Mt Sinai Hospital
Yale New Haven Hosp

Family Medicine
Lancaster Gen Hosp-PA
Sutter Health Program-CA
Swedish Medical Center-WA

General Surgery
NYP Hosp Columbia
Stamford Hospital/Columbia-CT

Internal Medicine
Beth Israel Deaconess
Brigham & Women’s Hosp (2)
Massachusetts Gen Hosp (2)
Mt Sinai Hospital (3)
North Shore LIJ Health Sys
NYP Hosp Columbia
NYP Hosp Weill Cornell (5)
Rhode Island Hosp/Brown U
UC San Francisco
Univ of North Carolina Hospitals
Yale New Haven Hosp

Medicine – Primary Care
Mt Sinai Hospital

Med-Peds
Univ of Rochester-Strong Mem

Neurological Surgery
Henry Ford HSC-MI Med School
NYP Hosp Weill Cornell
St Joseph’s Hospital-AZ

Ophthalmology
Duke Univ Hosp Program
NYP Hosp Weill Cornell
Oregon Health & Science
UCLA Med Ctr
Willis Eye/Thomas Jefferson

Orthopedic Surgery
Albany Med Ctr
Harvard Combined/Mass Gen Hosp
Hospital for Special Surgery-NY
NYU School of Medicine

Otolaryngology

OB-GYN
Brown U/Women & Infants Hosp of RI
Drexel COM/Hahnemann Univ Hosp
Kaiser Permanente SF-CA
NYP Hosp Weill Cornell
Long Island Jewish
Stony Brook Teach Hosps

Pediatrics
CHOP (Medical genetics)
Massachusetts Gen Hosp
NYP Hosp Columbia
Univ of Connecticut Med Ctr

Pediatric Neurology
Albert Einstein College of Medicine
NYP Hosp Weill Cornell

Physical Medicine & Rehab
Med Coll Wisconsin Affil Hosps
Univ of Pittsburgh Med Ctr

Plastic Surgery
Brigham & Women’s

Psychiatry
NYP Hosp Columbia

Radiology-Diagnostic
Brigham & Women’s
Duke Univ Hosp Program
U Chicago Med Ctr

Surgery Prelim
UCLA Med Ctr
Washington Hospital DC

Urology
Thomas Jefferson Univ

I don't see any Dermatology Match o_O. Did any students apply to Derm this year or they did and were not accepted?

I don't see any Dermatology Match o_O. Did any students apply to Derm this year or they did and were not accepted?

There's really no way to know this unless you interview a wide sample of Cornell MS4s.

And THIS, my friends, is why it is impossible for the outside observer to judge how "well" a particular school does in the Match! You cannot know if just no one applied to derm, or if a lot of people applied and just didn't get spots.

There's really no way to know this unless you interview a wide sample of Cornell MS4s.

And THIS, my friends, is why it is impossible for the outside observer to judge how "well" a particular school does in the Match! You cannot know if just no one applied to derm, or if a lot of people applied and just didn't get spots.

I concur with your statement :). As a pre-med I look for how many students Match into Derm and if they matched, where they matched. I really want to know can anyone MS4s from Cornell shed some light on this matter, please? :)

No derm applicants from cornell this year.

Can someone post Columbia's, Duke's, Hopkins' and Harvard's Match List, please?

Also if you were matched into Derm, can you post a link on the Top Derm Programs?

Members don't see this ad :)

Results of the 2010 NRMP Program Director Survey

The funny thing is people often say, "basic clinical sciences don't matter for residency selection."

And even in specialties like Orthopedics, they care more about your basic sciences than the reputation of your medical school. Basically the school attended is weighed similarly to performance in your basic sciences, which people downgrade the importance of all the time.

The whole Derm interest thing blows my mind.
lounging.jpg

counting+money.jpg

I just thought that NO ONE applied to Derm this cycle and if so were not matched. But Idk I am going to go with the former. Cornell is an excellent school :D

sorry, but...

When a kid gets into Harvard, his parents go out and tell all their neighbors, "Hey, my kid got into Harvard!"

When a kid gets into Yale, his parents go out and tell all their neighbors, "Hey, my kid got into Yale!"

When a kid gets into Cornell, his parents go out and tell all their neighbors, "Hey, my kid got into an Ivy League School!"

...sorry, just not Derm material.

Harvard's Match List

+2

Can someone post Columbia's, Duke's, Hopkins' and Harvard's Match List, please?

Also if you were matched into Derm, can you post a link on the Top Derm Programs?

Dude, what can you really garner from Hopkins and Harvard's match lists?! They'll be good.

Also, here's a tip. If it's out there, it's either posted online or only the med students have it. If only the med students have it, we probably don't have the time to type out over 100 matches/ you probably shouldn't be seeing it anyway. If it's posted online, find it. And let me reiterate once again that you're not really going to gather too much info from Harvard, Hopkins and the like.

Incidentally, the Stanford one was totally weird. Only 4 gen surg matches?

As for Derm, you may be better off asking an academic dermatologist. Unless you're going into it, it's very unlikely that you'd know what the "strongest" programs are. However, if you really are picking between Columbia, Hopkins, Duke and Harvard, it's all irrelevant anyway because there's no reason that you couldn't get into a strong derm program from any of those places. Use something else to pick between them because the differences between those four places' match lists in derm are definitely going to be totally based on who applied where, not how strong the med schools are.

Ok that's understandable then. Hmmmm I wonder why no one applied to Derm from Cornell though? I always thought there was at least ONE person interested in Derm.

Not at all. I'd find it weird if there were no surgery or IM applicants, but derm is a pretty small field so the number of people applying to it from a specific class will vary each year. Case in point: at my school, last year there were 2 (3?) plastics people, maybe 3 derm people, and a few from the other lifestyle specialties. This year there were no plastics, 1 derm but a ton of ENT, radiology, ophtho etc. I know for a fact these students weren't weaker, so that's not it. It just happens. But I'm sure some premed somewhere will see this year's match list and think "geez, if I want to go into derm or plastics this is not the right school for me". And that will be dumb.

Dude, what can you really garner from Hopkins and Harvard's match lists?! They'll be good.

Also, here's a tip. If it's out there, it's either posted online or only the med students have it. If only the med students have it, we probably don't have the time to type out over 100 matches/ you probably shouldn't be seeing it anyway. If it's posted online, find it. And let me reiterate once again that you're not really going to gather too much info from Harvard, Hopkins and the like.

Incidentally, the Stanford one was totally weird. Only 4 gen surg matches?

As for Derm, you may be better off asking an academic dermatologist. Unless you're going into it, it's very unlikely that you'd know what the "strongest" programs are. However, if you really are picking between Columbia, Hopkins, Duke and Harvard, it's all irrelevant anyway because there's no reason that you couldn't get into a strong derm program from any of those places. Use something else to pick between them because the differences between those four places' match lists in derm are definitely going to be totally based on who applied where, not how strong the med schools are.

Not at all. I'd find it weird if there were no surgery or IM applicants, but derm is a pretty small field so the number of people applying to it from a specific class will vary each year. Case in point: at my school, last year there were 2 (3?) plastics people, maybe 3 derm people, and a few from the other lifestyle specialties. This year there were no plastics, 1 derm but a ton of ENT, radiology, ophtho etc. I know for a fact these students weren't weaker, so that's not it. It just happens. But I'm sure some premed somewhere will see this year's match list and think "geez, if I want to go into derm or plastics this is not the right school for me". And that will be dumb.

Yeah that's true and that's why I assume at Cornell no one applied to Derm this year :D. I definitely have to ask an academic Dermatologist because when I googled top Derm programs nothing really pop up. The same thing occurred when it came to HMS, Hopkins and etc Match List. I want to make like a log on what is the most common Derm Match places on every school that was listed in this thread in order to determine what is so fascinating about each of the programs? Like what do the students look for in a Derm program?

sorry, but...

When a kid gets into Harvard, his parents go out and tell all their neighbors, "Hey, my kid got into Harvard!"

When a kid gets into Yale, his parents go out and tell all their neighbors, "Hey, my kid got into Yale!"

When a kid gets into Cornell, his parents go out and tell all their neighbors, "Hey, my kid got into an Ivy League School!"

...sorry, just not Derm material.

That's not true, lol. All of these schools are great in what they do lol. That's being biased now, lol

Why is that strange? Penn only had 5, and they have a significantly larger class, IIRC

Huh, I guess I always expect there to be more gen surg matches than subspecialty ones, but with 4 gen surg, 4 ortho and 2 or three nsurg etc it just seemed like an odd pattern. Totally my own impression though.

Yeah that's true and that's why I assume at Cornell no one applied to Derm this year :D. I definitely have to ask an academic Dermatologist because when I googled top Derm programs nothing really pop up. The same thing occurred when it came to HMS, Hopkins and etc Match List. I want to make like a log on what is the most common Derm Match places on every school that was listed in this thread in order to determine what is so fascinating about each of the programs? Like what do the students look for in a Derm program?

Hmm well I feel the need to point out that it's way, way too early to do that. Not only will you most likely change your mind in med school, but what people look like in a program may change and each program's reputation among students may change.

For example, one program might be "great" because some top notch research might come from there. What if you're not interested in research? What if their big research faculty member retires or goes to a different program?

Also, some programs are universally liked because they're in a great location or the residents are really happy. The latter is often dependent on the program director, who can also retire or change programs.

IF you stick with derm (and that's really a huge if) and IF you have the grades/ Step 1 scores/ research experience to really be able to apply to the "top" derm programs, this is going to happen in at least 4 years, and it'll all be different by that point, most likely.

So really, if you're using it as a way to choose between schools that accepted you, don't do it because it won't help. And if you're doing it for fun, just know that the list will most likely (99% chance really) be obsolete 4 years from now.

I go to medical school, currently. I have friends applying in IM, ortho, Gen surg, etc, who have mentioned to me where they are applying and what the "top" programs are. I doubt my colleagues were lying to me that UCSF is great at IM, gen surg, and ortho. ....

Again, even assuming arguendo that UCSF is a big name in those 4 fields, that doesn't mean they are tops in the other dozen residency paths they offer. You simply cannot extrapolate this way. I won't name names, but there are places premeds often describe as tops that are certainly amazing in IM, but outright malignant in GS. There's also a place that is toward the top of the list in ortho, but pretty lousy in IM. And so it goes. Every place, and I really do mean every one is better in some things than others. It can be the mecca of a particular field, but not a player in others. There are places like this in radiology I'm sure. You are naive to think that just because something has a big name in your field it carries over to everything. As I said before a lot of this is upper personnel driven, and every year there is movement from some programs to others, and some specialty residencies fly high or sink low based on new chairmen, new PDs, Deans and so on. Which means you have to be plugged into that field through networking to know which places are good versus malignant, trending up vs trending down, etc. The list of what are the best to worst residencies are absolute different for every field. In some cases they are very very different. Meaning the places that are tops for, say IM, might not even be high on the list for another specialty. Hard to imagine you got through the match without appreciating this, actually...

Hmm well I feel the need to point out that it's way, way too early to do that. Not only will you most likely change your mind in med school, but what people look like in a program may change and each program's reputation among students may change.

For example, one program might be "great" because some top notch research might come from there. What if you're not interested in research? What if their big research faculty member retires or goes to a different program?

Also, some programs are universally liked because they're in a great location or the residents are really happy. The latter is often dependent on the program director, who can also retire or change programs.

IF you stick with derm (and that's really a huge if) and IF you have the grades/ Step 1 scores/ research experience to really be able to apply to the "top" derm programs, this is going to happen in at least 4 years, and it'll all be different by that point, most likely.

So really, if you're using it as a way to choose between schools that accepted you, don't do it because it won't help. And if you're doing it for fun, just know that the list will most likely (99% chance really) be obsolete 4 years from now.

OK that TOTALLY makes sense :thumbup: and thanks for the advice. It is WAYYY TOO early to look into Residency Programs for Derm. I guess when I start medical school that's when I will research the Derm Program I am interested in.

Hard to imagine you got through the match without appreciating this, actually...

Again, this type of hostility is totally unnecessary.

I agree with pretty much everything you wrote. Clearly, you need to be plugged into a field and talk to an attending/advisor in that field to learn which programs are strong. You are absolutely right there are sometimes big name programs in a field that you wouldn't expect, and sometimes "big name" hospitals have programs that are not so great.

Obviously, you cannot extrapolate that UCSF is great in everything. The same goes for MGH, JHU, etc. Some of their programs may be malignant, may have turnover or a new PD, or whatever else you listed.

However, these programs are certainly top tier at most things.

So, if you are a pre-med and you see UCSF on a match list, you could make an educated guess that this is a top tier match. Maybe, if this is the one residency program at UCSF that is bad/malignant, then you will have guessed wrong. But 95% of the time, you will have guessed right.

Can someone please post UC Irvine's match list? :D

clearly Cornell just doesn't have enough prestige to get students into Derm... haven't you learned anything from this thread? :rolleyes:

Maryland matched 5 students to derm this year.

therefore, Maryland >>>>> Cornell

Top derm programs in no particular order: Harvard, Mayo Clinic, NYU, UCSF, University of Michigan, Penn, Stanford...

Seriously, why is every premed obsessed with derm? My derm rotation was the most boring yet disturbing week I've had in med school. It was a billion times worse than endless prostate exams in urology clinic and colorectal clinic. Is that what ppl really want to do for the rest of their life? Deal with hysterical 16 y/o girls with acne and apply chemical peels to over the hill soccer moms with more money than sense?

How many people a program matches into derm is directly proportional to how many people want to do it. None of the top people in my class want to do derm. People want to do stuff like peds, radiology, neurosurgery, urology, and overwhelmingly ortho. If all the 260+ AOA people in your class want to do something other than derm, then you probably won't match many people into it. If they do, then you will. End of story.

If anyone has the match list for University of Colorado, can u plz post it =)

Does anyone have the list for MCW? My Google searches have to this point been unsuccessful :( Thanks!

Seriously, why is every premed obsessed with derm? My derm rotation was the most boring yet disturbing week I've had in med school. It was a billion times worse than endless prostate exams in urology clinic and colorectal clinic. Is that what ppl really want to do for the rest of their life? Deal with hysterical 16 y/o girls with acne and apply chemical peels to over the hill soccer moms with more money than sense?

+1.

How do people have an amazing experience with derm as a kid and decide that want to be a dermatologist? Can someone tell that story please?

I find it funny that in other countries, like a previous poster had said, where Derm isn't amazing pay/lifestyle, basically no one wants to do it.

I guess Americans are passionate about skin money:ninja:.

In an image-obsessed country, the amount of well-off patients is directly related to the competitiveness of dermatology.

+1.

How do people have an amazing experience with derm as a kid and decide that want to be a dermatologist? Can someone tell that story please?

I find it funny that in other countries, like a previous poster had said, where Derm isn't amazing pay/lifestyle, basically no one wants to do it.

I guess Americans are passionate about skin money:ninja:.

In an image-obsessed country, the amount of well-off patients is directly related to the competitiveness of dermatology.

What do you mean you want a story? It's like when you apply to medical school and you have to write a PS on why medicine? Some people talk about their personal experience with medicine and how a doctor did something to them personally in which they decided to pursue a career in medicine. Or if not them then their family members?

What do you mean you want a story? It's like when you apply to medical school and you have to write a PS on why medicine? Some people talk about their personal experience with medicine and how a doctor did something to them personally in which they decided to pursue a career in medicine. Or if not them then their family members?

He/she (like me) wants to know why premed kids are obsessed with derm. Is it because they think they don't have to work a lot and get paid a relatively good salary? Dermatologists don't make close to as much as certain specialties in medicine, so I just don't understand the attraction.

How many people a program matches into derm is directly proportional to how many people want to do it. None of the top people in my class want to do derm. People want to do stuff like peds, radiology, neurosurgery, urology, and overwhelmingly ortho. If all the 260+ AOA people in your class want to do something other than derm, then you probably won't match many people into it. If they do, then you will. End of story.

LOL you thought Derm was boring o_O :eek:
To each his own, lol :D

Matchlists are fun to look at, but they don't really say anything about the quality of the doctor coming out. We have a tendency to scoff at schools with lots of primary care or assume that if someone went into primary care, they are a bad student. Some places simply accept more people with the mindset to go into primary care. Some people are interested in it over things like derm or radiation oncology. I'm not entirely convinced that many of the people going into the flashy specialties wouldn't be happier in something that isn't as sexy, but they get pushed into that by the atmosphere and everyone telling them they would be "wasting their talents" in another field. (My good friend got a 260+ on step 1, 4.0 in first 2 years, honors during clinicals, AOA, research..all that...she wanted family medicine and people tried to force her out of it)

Of course we need specialists, but I find it concerning when the strength of a school is being judged by how many of the flashy matches they have. It should be judged by whether that person got their first choice program in the specialty they wanted (not what others said they should go into). We don't need to graduate 10 dermatologists, 5 radiation oncologists, 15 orthopedic surgeons or whatever other obscene numbers for every 2 or 3 family practice. This is coming from a guy who isn't interested in much of primary care.

In addition, most of us (including myself for many of the programs) have NO idea what programs are truly strong. Name does not equate program strength. Some people want small community programs. Some want major academic centers. Some will suffer 5 years of malignancy for a name to wow people. Oftentimes, the best programs aren't the sexy names to premeds or med students.

So, take it in. Enjoy. Discuss. Just remember to take it with a grain of salt as well. A match-list heavy in pediatrics, family practice, ob/gyn, and psych is not a failure, but merely people pursuing an area of medicine they found interesting and agreeable with their life plan.

LOL you thought Derm was boring o_O :eek:
To each his own, lol :D

Chief Complaint: "rash of 5 days duration"

History of Present Illness: "I noticed I've been having a rash... Idk when it started. I'd say it's... itchy? Umm, yeah it's kind of reddish... have I taken any new medications? Umm... does Hydroxycut count? I don't think I'm allergic to any foods, or medications, or anything... umm yeah I guess i'm immunized, I'm not sure though, let me ask my mom..., yeah they're fine... what do you mean family history? no, no history of skin illnesses in my family... cancer??? no way. "

etc...

zzzzzzzzzzz

He/she (like me) wants to know why premed kids are obsessed with derm. Is it because they think they don't have to work a lot and get paid a relatively good salary? Dermatologists don't make close to as much as certain specialties in medicine, so I just don't understand the attraction.

Derm is a very visual field in which you can see progression with your patients. I personally have a lot of skin problems especially eczema and will like to dwell more into atopic disease. I also would like to do research in this field. No Derm doesn't make a lot of money so for me it's not about the money :). Also I get to see cool skin diseases that are affecting other countries and study them. I also into Global health and doing skin will allow me to travel and observe what is going on in different countries? Melanoma is also something I may want to get into. Lastly, Derm has a little bit of everything.

And after seeing this I knew I had to pursue DERM!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vtl9gN0gTvs&feature=related

History of Present Illness: "I noticed I've been having a rash... Idk when it started. I'd say it's... itchy? Umm, yeah it's kind of reddish... have I taken any new medications? Umm... does Hydroxycut count? I don't think I'm allergic to any foods, or medications, or anything... umm yeah I guess i'm immunized, I'm not sure though, let me ask my mom..., yeah they're fine... what do you mean family history? no, no history of skin illnesses in my family... cancer??? no way. "

etc...

zzzzzzzzzzz
eh, sounds like zoster to me :p

Matchlists are fun to look at, but they don't really say anything about the quality of the doctor coming out. We have a tendency to scoff at schools with lots of primary care or assume that if someone went into primary care, they are a bad student. Some places simply accept more people with the mindset to go into primary care. Some people are interested in it over things like derm or radiation oncology. I'm not entirely convinced that many of the people going into the flashy specialties wouldn't be happier in something that isn't as sexy, but they get pushed into that by the atmosphere and everyone telling them they would be "wasting their talents" in another field. (My good friend got a 260+ on step 1, 4.0 in first 2 years, honors during clinicals, AOA, research..all that...she wanted family medicine and people tried to force her out of it)

Of course we need specialists, but I find it concerning when the strength of a school is being judged by how many of the flashy matches they have. It should be judged by whether that person got their first choice program in the specialty they wanted (not what others said they should go into). We don't need to graduate 10 dermatologists, 5 radiation oncologists, 15 orthopedic surgeons or whatever other obscene numbers for every 2 or 3 family practice. This is coming from a guy who isn't interested in much of primary care.

In addition, most of us (including myself for many of the programs) have NO idea what programs are truly strong. Name does not equate program strength. Some people want small community programs. Some want major academic centers. Some will suffer 5 years of malignancy for a name to wow people. Oftentimes, the best programs aren't the sexy names to premeds or med students.

So, take it in. Enjoy. Discuss. Just remember to take it with a grain of salt as well. A match-list heavy in pediatrics, family practice, ob/gyn, and psych is not a failure, but merely people pursuing an area of medicine they found interesting and agreeable with their life plan.

:thumbup: I concur doc to each his own :cool:

Derm is a very visual field in which you can see progression with your patients. I personally have a lot of skin problems especially eczema and will like to dwell more into atopic disease. I also would like to do research in this field. No Derm doesn't make a lot of money so for me it's not about the money :). Also I get to see cool skin diseases that are affecting other countries and study them. I also into Global health and doing skin will allow me to travel and observe what is going on in different countries? Melanoma is also something I may want to get into. Lastly, Derm has a little bit of everything.

And after seeing this I knew I had to pursue DERM!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vtl9gN0gTvs&feature=related

unless you're doing hardcore academic derm 80+% of your practice will be acne, eczema, and drug reactions. Pretty exciting if you ask me.

etc...

zzzzzzzzzzz

That's funny lol but there are other fields of Derm that are not boring, lol You tried Peds-Derm

For the top graduating medical students (M4s) their choice of medical school mattered. Match lists are a matter of fact, making an interpretation of them is part of your due diligence as a pre-med. And as a pre-med, you should already know where the good programs are, who's who in each specialty, and and have a rough idea what you'll need to do to get any specific fellowship.

Remember, N= 1 is for the lower half of your class.

Status
Not open for further replies.