You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Drexel University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Does Drexel have a student host program?
yeah.. I've been having trouble getting in contact with the people on the list. No one seems to be replying.. My friend who had an interview at Drexel last year told me the same thing.. kinda strange haha
i could see students signing up to be a host at the beginning of the year and then once classes/exams get going realizing they really don't want to be doing it.. ****ty for us but understandableyeah.. I've been having trouble getting in contact with the people on the list. No one seems to be replying.. My friend who had an interview at Drexel last year told me the same thing.. kinda strange haha
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yeah, but the least they can do is reply back saying that they're super busy with classes, which is completely understandable.
Finally got the secondary!
+1!finally got the secondary!
Interviewing tomorrow! Anyone else going to be there?
Sent from my LT28at using SDN Mobile
Sent from my LT28at using SDN Mobile
Placed on re-review sometime between now and Sep. 11th, no e-mail notification. Stats in MDapp profile
Interview invite today. I check their website religiously, so it definitely came in today.
Stats: 3.56/3.57/39R
Whooo my second interview. I was depressed to be on hold for rereview for GWU yesterday. Now my second interview (from a school that didn't give me one last cycle)
Now i'm happy. These mood swings can't be good for my mental state....
Stats: 3.56/3.57/39R
Whooo my second interview. I was depressed to be on hold for rereview for GWU yesterday. Now my second interview (from a school that didn't give me one last cycle)
Now i'm happy. These mood swings can't be good for my mental state....
Interview invite today. I check their website religiously, so it definitely came in today.
Stats: 3.56/3.57/39R
Whooo my second interview. I was depressed to be on hold for rereview for GWU yesterday. Now my second interview (from a school that didn't give me one last cycle)
Now i'm happy. These mood swings can't be good for my mental state....
Congrats! When were you complete?
Jesus! Grats on that MCAT. Rest assured, you'll be attending med school next year. 🙂Interview invite today. I check their website religiously, so it definitely came in today.
Stats: 3.56/3.57/39R
Whooo my second interview. I was depressed to be on hold for rereview for GWU yesterday. Now my second interview (from a school that didn't give me one last cycle)
Now i'm happy. These mood swings can't be good for my mental state....
I was complete on August 30th. So a pretty quick turnaround time all things considered.
My file still hasn't been looked at and I've been complete for over a month now...
my file still hasn't been looked at and i've been complete for over a month now...
+1
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+2My file still hasn't been looked at and I've been complete for over a month now...
Hollly crapppp.. didn't realize it had been that long until you made me look.
When did you complete?
woooo interview via status page
Nice man. Do you remember when your status went to "Your file is complete and will be reviewed?"
not sure the exact date but its been at least 3 weeksNice man. Do you remember when your status went to "Your file is complete and will be reviewed?"
Bummer. Placed on re-review status sometime in the past four days. Very disappointing, I was thinking I had a reasonable chance at least for an interview. Stats are OOS, 3.93, 3.96, 34S. Oh well, can't get them all!
Has anyone had any luck after being put on "re-review" status or is that basically a silent rejection?
You might want to check last years thread for the answer. If you don't mind, what are your stats?
Bummer. Placed on re-review status sometime in the past four days. Very disappointing, I was thinking I had a reasonable chance at least for an interview. Stats are OOS, 3.93, 3.96, 34S. Oh well, can't get them all!
That is really surprising... any idea why they would do that?
That is really surprising... any idea why they would do that?
I have no idea honestly. I have four other interviews lined up so I'm not really inclined to think it was a problem with my application, but then again maybe they just felt it wasn't a good fit. Like other people have said, there's a possibility they will review my application again in the spring but I'm not exactly counting on it. Oh well, good luck to other applicants!
Just got back from my interview here today. We were the first interview group of the cycle, so they were still getting their bearings. All in all, I thought it was okay; it definitely wasn't as enthralling as another interview day I've been to. The student interview was really the highlight of my day after having to deal with the shuttle driver not letting me on the bus from Hahneman due to some mis-communication between the med school and the shuttle service. My student interviewer was an M1 who was really chill; we got along quite well.
Overall it's a really diverse and down-to-Earth school. Feel free to PM me with any specific questions.
Good luck, everyone!
Overall it's a really diverse and down-to-Earth school. Feel free to PM me with any specific questions.
Good luck, everyone!
Why does this school take so long to send secondaries? 😕 It's been two weeks now.
lol
Why does this school take so long to send secondaries? 😕 It's been two weeks now.
Takes forever to get marked complete too 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Best way to get to and from the airport? The hotel I'm staying at offers a shuttle for $40.. but $80 both ways would be a bit steep.
Depends on where you are staying. If in Center City, you can take the train from the airport ($7 each way). If staying somewhere closer to campus, the train is $4 each way from center city. PM me if you need specific details.
Takes forever to get marked complete too 🙁
That is because they have already received 10,000 applications as of yesterday. Takes a while to get through/process them.
My file still hasn't been looked at and I've been complete for over a month now...
Haha, me too. Maybe someday... 🙁
Takes forever to get marked complete too 🙁
I submitted my primary on 8/30.
Got the secondary 9/17.
Just got an email saying I was complete (2 days later).
Maybe you're still pending letters?
Haha, me too. Maybe someday... 🙁
Or maybe in 3 months 🙁
"Your file will be reviewed as soon as possible. We endeavor to make decisions in a timely manner, however, we have many files to review. Please allow up to three months for an update."
Take the regional rail from the airport to center city. It should be about $7 one way.Best way to get to and from the airport? The hotel I'm staying at offers a shuttle for $40.. but $80 both ways would be a bit steep.
http://www.septa.org/schedules/rail/index.html
They have already received 10,000 applications as of yesterday.
.
.
.
In all seriousness, I've also been complete a month as of today. Woo hoo. Have gone from checking my status twice a day to once a week or so. Gotta love it when everyone else is applying everywhere you're applying too.
II earlier today and scheduled it for November 1st!! Anyone else on the 1st?
Can you share when you submitted your secondary application , as well as your gpa and MCAT score?
Don't need to be a kid to enjoy the glory that is Dragonball Z. 👍I miss being a kid 🙁
Alright Vegeta, calm down. 😛Don't need to be a kid to enjoy the glory that is Dragonball Z. 👍
Don't need to be a kid to enjoy the glory that is Dragonball Z. 👍
I actually rewatched the epic Gohan v. Cell fight this past summer. Never gets old 😀
Can any current students (or area residents) provide some info to what it's like to live in Philly?
Highly variable depending on what area of Philly you're talking about. Drexel med is located in a suburban area in Germantown; it's not in the city at all.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Highly variable depending on what area of Philly you're talking about. Drexel med is located in a suburban area in Germantown; it's not in the city at all.
Oh, well then I'm interested in Germantown and/or whatever area(s) most students live in.
Highly variable depending on what area of Philly you're talking about. Drexel med is located in a suburban area in Germantown; it's not in the city at all.
Not sure if this is what you meant or not, but Germantown is indeed in Philadelphia, albeit not very close to downtown. I agree that it has a suburban feel to it.
Not sure if this is what you meant or not, but Germantown is indeed in Philadelphia, albeit not very close to downtown. I agree that it has a suburban feel to it.
How's the cost of living in Germantown? Does Drexel have student housing?
How's the cost of living in Germantown? Does Drexel have student housing?
Housing is pretty cheap, especially compared to places in Center and University City.
Housing is pretty cheap, especially compared to places in Center and University City.
I did a quick googlemaps of Drexel to a random "downtown" hotel. Came up with about a 8 mile commute. Is that about how far Drexel students typically travel for things to do on the weekend or after an exam?
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K